Hinds County already pulling some funny shizzz…

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
Hinds Co. has always had issues with not having enough ballots even when Connie Cochran was the election commissioner. This was from 2014:

I've never understood how if they know the number of registered voters in the county they could not have enough ballots printed. The obvious answer is the voter rolls are so 17ed that you really don't know how many registered voters there are and they're just guessing.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Hinds Co. has always had issues with not having enough ballots even when Connie Cochran was the election commissioner. This was from 2014:

I've never understood how if they know the number of registered voters in the county they could not have enough ballots printed. The obvious answer is the voter rolls are so 17ed that you really don't know how many registered voters there are and they're just guessing.
Or print based on expected turnout and get surprised. I saw a Jacksonian tweet that turnout looked like when Obama was running.

Pookieray

Oct 14, 2012
Why is the "way to vote" not the same in every voting precint? Where I vote here in DeSoto Co, once I check in I get a blank sheet that I fed into the voting machine and I vote on the machine and when I'm done it prints it out and goes into a machine thant counts it. Pretty easy.

BreckyBratt

Nov 5, 2022
Why is the "way to vote" not the same in every voting precint? Where I vote here in DeSoto Co, once I check in I get a blank sheet that I fed into the voting machine and I vote on the machine and when I'm done it prints it out and goes into a machine thant counts it. Pretty easy.
For the conspiracy theory, but honest theory, "ballot harvesting." If there was a defined method from city to county to state to region to nation there could be not doubt. The powers that be on both sides want/need that doubt. I know in my county just two cycles ago we had digital voting machines, and now we have to fill out paper "ACT" bubbles to vote again like the late 90's.

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
Cochran must be a student of Templeton economics, spend less keep more. Results are collateral damage.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
First time I've seen the line out the door at my precinct in Madison as well. That's probably not good news for Pressley. Everything else on my ballot was already predetermined, either technically or practically.
Looks like Madison County might flip to Reeves this time around.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
How much money did WMC (Memphis) get from the Democrats to run their hit on Tate all day?

You never had a chance in Desoto, Presley. Bye!

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
How much money did WMC (Memphis) get from the Democrats to run their hit on Tate all day?

You never had a chance in Desoto, Presley. Bye!
They reported that Presley got over 8 million from the California, NY and DC Democratic parties. Four years ago, Hood only had around 3 million given to him from out of state. I think if they want to change the state, they should have targeted the Lt. Governor first. That position controls all legislative in the State.

Reactions: Wesson Bulldog

patdog

May 28, 2007
Or print based on expected turnout and get surprised. I saw a Jacksonian tweet that turnout looked like when Obama was running.
That’s unacceptable. Print twice as many as you think you’ll need. People need to be held accountable for these shenanigans.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Looking at what's left out there, this will be very close. It's nearly all in Hinds county

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
I dont think running out of ballots in Hinds COunty is a great plan if you are trying to elect the Democratic candidate. A more likely situation is Hinds is run by a bunch of people who have no idea what they are doing
Disagree, they are purposely creating a grievance.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
I dont think running out of ballots in Hinds COunty is a great plan if you are trying to elect the Democratic candidate. A more likely situation is Hinds is run by a bunch of people who have no idea what they are doing
Yeah, that's about the last place Democrats would want to run out of ballots.

Reactions: Dawgg

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
They reported that Presley got over 8 million from the California, NY and DC Democratic parties. Four years ago, Hood only had around 3 million given to him from out of state. I think if they want to change the state, they should have targeted the Lt. Governor first. That position controls all legislative in the State.
Probably thought Tate was more vulnerable than Delbert. And they don't have a lot of options for people to run. Presley has done incredible considering he's just a public service commissioner and also a massive *** hole. But that's pretty much as good as the resumes get for Mississippi democrats and the bench gets worse after that.

If Presley doesn't win this time, going to be interesting in four years as there's not an obvious successor on the republican side.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Yeah, that's about the last place Democrats would want to run out of ballots.
Last place they'd want to run out of ballots but the best place if you want to have a target to hit and lots of outstanding votes left. I don't think that's what has happened, but that is going to be the suspicion if Presley pulls it out.

Pookieray

Oct 14, 2012
For the conspiracy theory, but honest theory, "ballot harvesting." If there was a defined method from city to county to state to region to nation there could be not doubt. The powers that be on both sides want/need that doubt. I know in my county just two cycles ago we had digital voting machines, and now we have to fill out paper "ACT" bubbles to vote again like the late 90's.
Wow, filling in the bubble. Just amazing!

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
This would be the argument for donating to state parties rather than individual campaigns. This message gets lost on Dems at time.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Guys - You can’t immediately go to stuffing ballots -> rigged election -> it’s being stolen

Reeves could easily win these precincts:

tenureplan

Dec 3, 2008
Guys - You can’t immediately go to stuffing ballots -> rigged election -> it’s being stolen

Ostrich Avestruz GIF by Amnistía Internacional España

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
That’s unacceptable. Print twice as many as you think you’ll need. People need to be held accountable for these shenanigans.
I don’t want to disillusion you on election night but our public servants in Jackson sometimes don’t do the best work…perhaps they didn’t pay the ballot printer. Completely plausible.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023

@DoctorHenryCT
If Toupe Tate Reeves wins in Mississippi Democrats should demand the vote be thrown out because they ran out of ballots in heavily black districts in an attempt to suppress votes for Presley.
———————————————

This tweet is what I’m talking about, they purposely muddy the waters in a race they know they are going to lose so they can make these claims.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Presley just conceded.
That's surprising. I know almost 50k votes is a huge hurdle at this point, but I would think it's going to get down a good bit with where the ballots are still outstanding. I would definitely bet good money that he wouldn't overcome it, but I wouldn't bet the house on it or anything.

I'm sure they've done the math and know a lot better, but still surprising.

Fritz!

Oct 16, 2014
By law, there should be ballots available for at least sixty percent of the registered voters. Any failing is on the election commissioner in those precincts.

Reactions: patdog

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
That's surprising. I know almost 50k votes is a huge hurdle at this point, but I would think it's going to get down a good bit with where the ballots are still outstanding. I would definitely bet good money that he wouldn't overcome it, but I wouldn't bet the house on it or anything.

I thought so too but it's being reported all over now. I first saw it on WTVA.

tenureplan

Dec 3, 2008

Especially since he doesn't have to catch Tater, just knock him below 50%

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Especially since he doesn't have to catch Tater, just knock him below 50%
I think the math doesn't add up. It's being reported that the vote in heavier dem precincts in hinds are all fully in.

we know full well there wouldn't be a concession if Presley thought he had a snowballs chance of winning or forcing a runoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login