Hinds County already pulling some funny shizzz…

Status
Not open for further replies.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
That is the scariest statement I will read on the internet today. I’m going back to the sports threads. I should have known better.
Fox is MSM, with a right slant. The operative word is "media." It's no more news than the ones that slant left. It's entertainment, just like the left slanted ones.

Last edited:
Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
It was a rally in which a few people got violent. Much less in scale than the social justice riots of 2020, but much more in opportunity to leverage by a dishonest media to dunk on republicans. Nobody "took over" the capital. The capital police were cooperative with the protestors. Narratives and facts on the ground don't completely align.

None of it is excusable. But let's not pretend it was unprecedented, and let's certainly not pretend it was some devastating threat to democracy.
That is an easily debunked. If you believe this, I'm not gonna call you a name or anything, just appeal to you to find better sources for information. There are countless other clips showing much of the same. What you wrote above is a complete denial of established and demonstrable facts.

This takes less than 6 minutes to watch and includes officer coms. You can see the "cooperation" for yourself.

Video Of Capitol Riot Shown During First Jan. 6 Committee ...
YouTube· NBC News
5 minutes, 26 seconds
Jul 27, 2021

Reactions: Dawgg and dorndawg

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
We should federalize elections. One standard. Cameras at every ballot drop box. Poll watchers from both parties at every station. ID required for voting. Votes counted by 10PM local time in every state. Remove the nonsense from both sides.
you clearly don’t know how much money is at stake. How else can you get your supporters off their wallets one more time after a failed election if you can’t dispute results?

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Wow, filling in the bubble. Just amazing!
Same here in Starkvegas, darken the bubble and slide it in the slot. At least its not in pencil anymore though where it can be erased and changed later or "Hanging Chad Card" guy Robert Rosenberg from 2000

1699457464446.png

• Haha
Reactions: Pookieray

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
I know you are not in Miss but both parties were upset about what happened and both parties file injunction. Both parties were suspicious. Democrats' injunction was to keep the polls open for another hour. Republicans did not fight that because the biggest issue was Clinton and Clinton probably the last baston of Republicans in Hinds County. What the Republican filed an injunction for was for that no one who was not in line at 7:00 could not get into line and vote.

Yep.

Who knew that a down-ballot Supervisor Race could contribute to what happened yesterday…

Edit to add: Now I’m curious about the contest…

Looks like Wanda Evers won with around two-thirds of the vote.

Last edited:

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
you clearly don’t know how much money is at stake. How else can you get your supporters off their wallets one more time after a failed election if you can’t dispute results?
"they" are gonna take away everything you hold dear if you don't contribute to help me combat this corruption.

disclaimer: I may choose to use your donations for my own personal legal defense, but ONLY so I can keep on fighting for YOU!

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
It was a rally in which a few people got violent. Much less in scale than the social justice riots of 2020, but much more in opportunity to leverage by a dishonest media to dunk on republicans. Nobody "took over" the capital. The capital police were cooperative with the protestors. Narratives and facts on the ground don't completely align.

None of it is excusable. But let's not pretend it was unprecedented, and let's certainly not pretend it was some devastating threat to democracy.
I'm going to do my best snide Drebin impression:

If your daddy bothered to teach you any common sense, you'd be able to tell how much **** you just brain farted out onto internet. Real men don't tolerate nonsense regardless of who is responsible. Your consistent downplay of an awful event in American history bc it came from a side you identify with speaks to your lack of manhood and good judgment. Had this been Obama ginning up his own band of misfits in an effort to retain power after he lost an election youd'd be calling for summary executions.

I'd be glad to offer you some parenting you never received but at this point you surely won't accept it.

Reactions: horshack.sixpack

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I'm going to do my best snide Drebin impression:

If your daddy bothered to teach you any common sense, you'd be able to tell how much **** you just brain farted out onto internet. Real men don't tolerate nonsense regardless of who is responsible. Your consistent downplay of an awful event in American history bc it came from a side you identify with speaks to your lack of manhood and good judgment. Had this been Obama ginning up his own band of misfits in an effort to retain power after he lost an election youd'd be calling for summary executions.

I'd be glad to offer you some parenting you never received but at this point you surely won't accept it.
You're learning.

It feels good to know some of you are starting to learn some stuff here.

Reactions: ckDOG

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
You left off "unless you're a democrat."
For sure- claiming fraud without any evidence is something I despise regardless of political party. The kneejerk reaction to just ignorantly claim fraud(as you and others did in this thread) is a bad look regardless of party.

It cheapens legitimate and secure elections as it sows seeds of doubt for future elections since the defense is 'well it happened before and wasnt caught, so same thing is happening now', even if the past reference isnt truthful.

Voting needs to be...
- easy
- secure

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
There has always been voter fraud. There is WAY less now than there used to be.
No! You’re just another conspiracy nut! There is never been anything except legal elections in the United States since the beginning of the country… are you crazy?

I really don’t understand why they have elections anymore anyway. it’s all a matter of who has the most money.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I know you are not in Miss but both parties were upset about what happened and both parties file injunction. Both parties were suspicious. Democrats' injunction was to keep the polls open for another hour. Republicans did not fight that because the biggest issue was Clinton and Clinton probably the last baston of Republicans in Hinds County. What the Republican filed an injunction for was for that no one who was not in line at 7:00 could not get into line and vote.
Yeah, both of those seem reasonable. Extending voting when there is an issue seems reasonable. Not allowing people to vote that werent there in time to begin with seems reasonable.

And neither of those are what I was referring to when I commented on conspiracy theories that have been posted in this thread.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
I saw somewhere that state law requires that you have enough ballots for 65% of the registered voters. That’s actually sad. It would be great if we had things that could electronically allow voting and we weren’t dependent on printed materials. Maybe in our Jetson future such things might exist…
We had voted on those for several years here. Now all of a sudden we are back to printed ballots run through a scanner. It's stupid, but I suspect I know why.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
It was a rally in which a few people got violent.
Nobody "took over" the capital.

Figured I would add to your understatements.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Contesting elections has been en vogue since the days of Al Gore. He took his case all the way to SCOTUS. John Kerry tried to contest Ohio in 2004. Hillary Clinton straight up called the process illegitimate in 16. Stacey Abrams has made a career and has gotten rich off of it.

Trump and Kari Lake in AZ were clown shows in 20. But the media handled them much differently.

When a democrat does it, it's a reasonable part of the process. When a republican does it, it's an insurrection.

We should federalize elections. One standard. Cameras at every ballot drop box. Poll watchers from both parties at every station. ID required for voting. Votes counted by 10PM local time in every state. Remove the nonsense from both sides.
Gore fought his out in the courts, and accepted the ultimate result. That's what we do in a constitutional republic. Trump did too at first, but where he was different is he never accepted the ultimate result. He crossed the line to insurrection on Jan 6th. Had he accepted the result of the legal process the GOP would have never lost control of the senate,he would be a landslide winner this time around, and it would be a red wave election. I'll never forgive him for preventing that.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
We had voted on those for several years here. Now all of a sudden we are back to printed ballots run through a scanner. It's stupid, but I suspect I know why.
We have had printed ballots run thru a scanner ever since I moved to Iowa in 2004. Should I be suspicious too, even though its always been this way? Or should I trust it, even though you clearly view it as a stupid way to vote and think it is suspicious(cant be trusted, or why?).
The voting process has given my state blue and red legislatures and governors. Which side am I supposed to not trust due to printed ballots being used?

Just trying to figure out what I should and shouldnt be suspicious of. I struggle to keep up with all the things that I trust and should actually push back on.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Well, the sitting republican president fomented, at a minimum, the storming of the capitol. To pretend that what happened on 1/6 is even close to what has happened in the entirety of the history of our nation regarding election denial/protest is disingenuous. It has literally never happened before. Hopefully not again. The mob that recently went to the capitol in support of Palestine got pretty rowdy and I felt like they should have been dealt with more directly, but they did not take over the capitol. They were not, however, specifically there to try to stop the electoral process. I do think that the far left presents just as much danger as the far right.
Yes, and I have always been a Republican, I'm not quite sure what I am now.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Gore fought his out in the courts, and accepted the ultimate result. That's what we do in a constitutional republic. Trump did too at first, but where he was different is he never accepted the ultimate result. He crossed the line to insurrection on Jan 6th. Had he accepted the result of the legal process the GOP would have never lost control of the senate,he would be a landslide winner this time around, and it would be a red wave election. I'll never forgive him for preventing that.
Trump didn't accept the results? So he never left the white house?

I didn't like Trump's rhetoric. It was stupid. So I'm not defending it. But all this 'insurrection' talk is dishonest idiocy from the left. It was not an insurrection.

You dishonest hacks should listen to yourself. You twist yourselves up in knots because your Trump Derangement Syndrome has broken you.

Reactions: ezsoil

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
This is the world we live in now thanks to tub-o-lard that lost the GA gov race Way back when. I’m sure she makes her friends call her “governor”.
Are you talking about Stacey Abrams and the 2022 GA Governor election? If so, that was just 1 year ago, hardly 'way back when'. And she conceded on election night.

If you arent referring to this, then who and what election are you complaining about when you place blame for claims of illiminati stealing the election?

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016

The difference in the social justice stuff and Jan 6th is that January 6th at the Capitol was specifically aimed at stopping the Constitution mandated certification of the electoral college results. That is a MASSIVE difference. There was a rally that day, but that did not take place at the Capitol. What happened at the Capitol meets every single defining trait of an insurrection. Once again, I have been GOP my entire life.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
We have had printed ballots run thru a scanner ever since I moved to Iowa in 2004. Should I be suspicious too, even though its always been this way? Or should I trust it, even though you clearly view it as a stupid way to vote and think it is suspicious(cant be trusted, or why?).
The voting process has given my state blue and red legislatures and governors. Which side am I supposed to not trust due to printed ballots being used?

Just trying to figure out what I should and shouldnt be suspicious of. I struggle to keep up with all the things that I trust and should actually push back on.
I liked voting on the electronic machines better. It was easier and quicker. I trust both ways.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
If you think J6 was an insurrection, you need help.
Former President Donald Trump defended his supporters' chants threatening to hang Vice President Mike Pence as they stormed the U.S. Capitol in a deadly riot on Jan. 6

1699460452308.jpeg

Reactions: mstateglfr

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Trump didn't accept the results? So he never left the white house?

I didn't like Trump's rhetoric. It was stupid. So I'm not defending it. But all this 'insurrection' talk is dishonest idiocy from the left. It was not an insurrection.

You dishonest hacks should listen to yourself. You twist yourselves up in knots because your Trump Derangement Syndrome has broken you.
He didn't till his insurrection failed. I'm not from the left either, far from it. The only dishonesty is from those who won't believe what they saw. That was an insurrection.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
You act like we live in a world with no voter fraud.

Have you not seen the reports out of NJ and Conn with the ballot stuffers?
I accept that there is fraud in some elections. I have read countless articles about people being convicted for voter fraud, so yeah- I recognize it exists.

My initial comments were focused on how many in this thread were confidently claiming fraud before the polls even closed. Like the voting was going on and they were claiming fraud without any actual knowledge. That is fundamentally different from me acting like there is no voter fraud in this world.
Dont try to tie the two together.

As for NJ and CT ballot stuffing, no I had not seen the reports. I really dont seek out news like this, but I did google and read about the Bridgeport Mayoral election, assuming that is what you are referring to in CT.
That CT story is fundamentally different from me laughing at baseless conspiracy claims on a forum about an election that is taking place in real time where nobody has any proof.

Just because election fraud can exist doesnt legitimize any/all claims of fraud by any random person when they dont have any evidence and are simply posting based off biases. This shouldnt be difficult to understand.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
What would be the money line of odds this thread going the way it did?
I’m going - eleventy billion and I’d still take it

Reactions: mstateglfr
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login