Hinds County already pulling some funny shizzz…

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Classic SPS political voting thread.
This thread reads like a wild roller coaster ride filled with ups, downs, and loops. Claims of voting fraud, claims of intentional voter suppression to create doubt, and claims of 2020.

Never change.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
I don’t want to disillusion you on election night but our public servants in Jackson sometimes don’t do the best work…perhaps they didn’t pay the ballot printer. Completely plausible.
More likely that a precinct or three ordered the exact same number of ballots as 4 years ago (because it's unlikely they're doing any actual thinking), and didn't realize the state had combined their precinct with another (to reduce voting locations and make voting harder). Same number of ballots, twice the voters.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Looking at what's left out there, this will be very close. It's nearly all in Hinds county
Eh. Not really.

I told an out of state friend at around 10 pm who thought Presley had a chance that there weren’t enough votes remaining. (At the time Tate was leading by over 70K.)

Hood beat Tater in Hinds by almost 40K votes in ‘19.

Presley has a higher percentage of the Hinds county votes currently but only has a lead of less than 37K in the county.

Reeves will win by 4 percent— possibly 5.

As I said, not enough votes remaining for Presley.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
That's surprising. I know almost 50k votes is a huge hurdle at this point, but I would think it's going to get down a good bit with where the ballots are still outstanding. I would definitely bet good money that he wouldn't overcome it, but I wouldn't bet the house on it or anything.

I'm sure they've done the math and know a lot better, but still surprising.

I think the math doesn't add up. It's being reported that the vote in heavier dem precincts in hinds are all fully in.

we know full well there wouldn't be a concession if Presley thought he had a snowballs chance of winning or forcing a runoff.

Drebin’s right.

The math wasn’t there for Presley.

When I saw the extent of the vote spread before Hinds even reported, I knew Tater was going to win.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
I don’t have words for how much I hate the fact that if there is even a hiccup in the election process, even one that is immediately found and fixed, it immediately turns into the Illuminati is stealing the election.

Reactions: mstateglfr

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
I don’t have words for how much I hate the fact that if there is even a hiccup in the election process, even one that is immediately found and fixed, it immediately turns into the Illuminati is stealing the election.
This is the world we live in now thanks to tub-o-lard that lost the GA gov race Way back when. I’m sure she makes her friends call her “governor”.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

Dawgtruc

Sep 8, 2018
This thread reads like a wild roller coaster ride filled with ups, downs, and loops. Claims of voting fraud, claims of intentional voter suppression to create doubt, and claims of 2020.

Never change.
You act like we live in a world with no voter fraud.

Have you not seen the reports out of NJ and Conn with the ballot stuffers?

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
And why is this? Conspiracy theorists are batting close to 1.000 against establishment / MSM narrative since 2020.
100%? Damn. That’s impressive. So every conspiracy theory out there has been correct? Every single one? Color me impressed. Also, I just want to point out that Fox News has far more viewers than the other networks, so referring to the “liberal” networks as the “mainstream media” becomes more and more comical with each passing day.

Pars

Oct 11, 2015
That “news” company paid an almost billion dollar settlement because it was 100% right about a conspiracy involving voting machines.

Reactions: mstateglfr and 8dog

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
Um, Fox is MSM. 100% does not equal "close to 100%". Nice try though.
That is the scariest statement I will read on the internet today. I’m going back to the sports threads. I should have known better.

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007

Never change.
Classic glfr post… gaslights the right by claiming obvious misdeeds by the left are simply figments of their imagination brought on by their own blinding hatred, bigotry and bias.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
More likely that a precinct or three ordered the exact same number of ballots as 4 years ago (because it's unlikely they're doing any actual thinking), and didn't realize the state had combined their precinct with another (to reduce voting locations and make voting harder). Same number of ballots, twice the voters.
I saw somewhere that state law requires that you have enough ballots for 65% of the registered voters. That’s actually sad. It would be great if we had things that could electronically allow voting and we weren’t dependent on printed materials. Maybe in our Jetson future such things might exist…

Reactions: msstatelp1

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I guess this is what every election will be like now. Conspiracy theories and fraud
There should be some provision in state law for when polls screw up that allows people to still vote. If it delays results so be it. That would eliminate the conspiracy theories around why there weren’t enough ballots. The most obvious answer is incompetence, but people should have the chance to vote regardless.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
This is the world we live in now thanks to tub-o-lard that lost the GA gov race Way back when. I’m sure she makes her friends call her “governor”.
That’s certainly the most aggressive election denying I can recall!***

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Probably thought Tate was more vulnerable than Delbert. And they don't have a lot of options for people to run. Presley has done incredible considering he's just a public service commissioner and also a massive *** hole. But that's pretty much as good as the resumes get for Mississippi democrats and the bench gets worse after that.

If Presley doesn't win this time, going to be interesting in four years as there's not an obvious successor on the republican side.
I belief was if Hood could not win, it will be hard for any other Democrat could win. Hood was the best chance the Democrats have. The only reason it was close was because of all the outside money.

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
Well, it's not just Republicans who accuse others of election shenanigans. Democrats accuse each other as well.

The fact is if you've dealt with Hinds county or the city of Jackson on any level, the sheer amount of incompetence and inefficiency is not surprising. At this point I expect problems with Hinds county elections.

In the case of Archie, his case was thrown out, as it should have been. He's a loon that wants to fight anyone and everyone.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Seems to have been that way since the Russians started it back in 2016
Contesting elections has been en vogue since the days of Al Gore. He took his case all the way to SCOTUS. John Kerry tried to contest Ohio in 2004. Hillary Clinton straight up called the process illegitimate in 16. Stacey Abrams has made a career and has gotten rich off of it.

Trump and Kari Lake in AZ were clown shows in 20. But the media handled them much differently.

When a democrat does it, it's a reasonable part of the process. When a republican does it, it's an insurrection.

We should federalize elections. One standard. Cameras at every ballot drop box. Poll watchers from both parties at every station. ID required for voting. Votes counted by 10PM local time in every state. Remove the nonsense from both sides.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I guess this is what every election will be like now. Conspiracy theories and fraud
Seriously. And not even waiting until the votes are fully counted. In the moment, while voting is open, conspiracy and fraud are claimed. I mean, the result wasnt even claimed yet. At least wait to see what the result is before claiming fraud.
Cart before the horse and whatnot.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
And why is this? Conspiracy theorists are batting close to 1.000 against establishment / MSM narrative since 2020.
Um, Fox is MSM. 100% does not equal "close to 100%". Nice try though.

Ok, so if Fox is MSM, then that means the MSM both claimed election fraud in 2020(Fox) and disputed election fraud in 2020(literally every other major/mainstream media outlet I can think of).
Accepting this insane claim as legitimate, are you then saying that anyone who disagreed with both Fox and all other MSM outlets and claimed conspiracy was behind the media's claims was then close to 100% correct?

Here is what I think- you didnt actually fully form an opinion that stands up to even simple scrutiny before you posted it here. You then responded with a clarification that lets your initial comment stand, but with even a simple amount of thinking, your response makes your initial comment sound straight up crazy.
How did I do? Pretty accurate, right? Close to batting 1.000 perhaps?

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Seriously. And not even waiting until the votes are fully counted. In the moment, while voting is open, conspiracy and fraud are claimed. I mean, the result wasnt even claimed yet. At least wait to see what the result is before claiming fraud.
Cart before the horse and whatnot.
You left off "unless you're a democrat."

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Ok, so if Fox is MSM, then that means the MSM both claimed election fraud in 2020(Fox) and disputed election fraud in 2020(literally every other major/mainstream media outlet I can think of).
Accepting this insane claim as legitimate, are you then saying that anyone who disagreed with both Fox and all other MSM outlets and claimed conspiracy was behind the media's claims was then close to 100% correct?

Here is what I think- you didnt actually fully form an opinion that stands up to even simple scrutiny before you posted it here. You then responded with a clarification that lets your initial comment stand, but with even a simple amount of thinking, your response makes your initial comment sound straight up crazy.
How did I do? Pretty accurate, right? Close to batting 1.000 perhaps?
I know you are not in Miss but both parties were upset about what happened and both parties file injunction. Both parties were suspicious. Democrats' injunction was to keep the polls open for another hour. Republicans did not fight that because the biggest issue was Clinton and Clinton probably the last baston of Republicans in Hinds County. What the Republican filed an injunction for was for that no one who was not in line at 7:00 could not get into line and vote.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Contesting elections has been en vogue since the days of Al Gore. He took his case all the way to SCOTUS. John Kerry tried to contest Ohio in 2004. Hillary Clinton straight up called the process illegitimate in 16. Stacey Abrams has made a career and has gotten rich off of it.

Trump and Kari Lake in AZ were clown shows in 20. But the media handled them much differently.

When a democrat does it, it's a reasonable part of the process. When a republican does it, it's an insurrection.

We should federalize elections. One standard. Cameras at every ballot drop box. Poll watchers from both parties at every station. ID required for voting. Votes counted by 10PM local time in every state. Remove the nonsense from both sides.
Nah, too much common sense. And even it were to ever happen, it's going to have to be with a Republican in office, no Democrat will touch it. So, I hope the Republicans learned their lesson on how to win an election under these current rules.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012

Well, the sitting republican president fomented, at a minimum, the storming of the capitol. To pretend that what happened on 1/6 is even close to what has happened in the entirety of the history of our nation regarding election denial/protest is disingenuous. It has literally never happened before. Hopefully not again. The mob that recently went to the capitol in support of Palestine got pretty rowdy and I felt like they should have been dealt with more directly, but they did not take over the capitol. They were not, however, specifically there to try to stop the electoral process. I do think that the far left presents just as much danger as the far right.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
I don't like the idea of cameras on voters, but if it's just on the "final" box, sure. Otherwise I can get behind all of this. It would cost some money to make the 10pm part happen in some places due to sheer volume, but if you standardize it across the country you'd think there would be plenty savings to be found as well.

ETA: You can already have poll watchers at every precinct, at least in locations I'm aware of. You don't see them much bc who wants to do that? I guess you could make it paid like poll workers, but they have a really hard time finding those folks as well.

Reactions: Drebin

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Animated GIF

Attachments

• IMG_5887.jpg
    IMG_5887.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 7

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Well, the sitting republican president fomented, at a minimum, the storming of the capitol. To pretend that what happened on 1/6 is even close to what has happened in the entirety of the history of our nation regarding election denial/protest is disingenuous. It has literally never happened before. Hopefully not again. The mob that recently went to the capitol in support of Palestine got pretty rowdy and I felt like they should have been dealt with more directly, but they did not take over the capitol. They were not, however, specifically there to try to stop the electoral process. I do think that the far left presents just as much danger as the far right.
It was a rally in which a few people got violent. Much less in scale than the social justice riots of 2020, but much more in opportunity to leverage by a dishonest media to dunk on republicans. Nobody "took over" the capital. The capital police were cooperative with the protestors. Narratives and facts on the ground don't completely align.

None of it is excusable. But let's not pretend it was unprecedented, and let's certainly not pretend it was some devastating threat to democracy.

Reactions: patdog

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
You act like we live in a world with no voter fraud.

Have you not seen the reports out of NJ and Conn with the ballot stuffers?
There has always been voter fraud. There is WAY less now than there used to be.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I don't like the idea of cameras on voters, but if it's just on the "final" box, sure. Otherwise I can get behind all of this. It would cost some money to make the 10pm part happen in some places due to sheer volume, but if you standardize it across the country you'd think there would be plenty savings to be found as well.

ETA: You can already have poll watchers at every precinct, at least in locations I'm aware of. You don't see them much bc who wants to do that? I guess you could make it paid like poll workers, but they have a really hard time finding those folks as well.
See, we can agree on common sense proposals. My camera proposal was only for the final box/ballot drop off.

Your point about poll watchers was one of the issues in 2020. There were allegations (I'm not saying right or wrong) that republican poll watchers were not allowed to participate in the process in Georgia, Arizona, and Pennsylvania.

Reactions: dorndawg
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login