How bad does it have to get for you to want to fire our Head Coach?

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
I kind of want him gone today. We are going 1-11 or at best 2-11. Unacceptable to me. He picked his coaching staff. He brough in his Portal guys. We should be better than 1-11 in any coaches first year. I see no improvement so far and I don't know if he knows how to fix it. I also fear he will not fire his buddies.

I fear this
Texas, GA, Ole Miss, Tenn will hang 60 plus on us. Missouri and A&M will hang 50 plus on us. There has to be a point where you would want him gone.

I have never been this embarrassed about Miss State football. Maine was bad but this entire season is really bad so far and doesn't look to improve.
Stfu GIF by MOODMAN

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
He'll get another year at least, probably two more.

And I think he will not get anything going in the right direction. I hope I'm completely wrong.

We're in for many days and nights in the deep woods.

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
He'll get another year at least, probably two more.

And I think he will not get anything going in the right direction. I hope I'm completely wrong.

We're in for many days and nights in the deep woods.
Yeah, I worriedly predicted a couple years ago we might be entering a football "Nuclear Winter" and now would revise that to yes, were are solidly in it. Using my own definition of nuclear winter is that it will take us 5 years to fully pull out of it and that it will require some coaching stability. Lebby will have to be the one. If we replace him now, add another 5 years before we pull out of it. We are in a hell of a spot. Now is the time to determine if we truly are MSU fans or just bandwagon weight along for the ride. And NIL has certainly complicated our situation. Somebody is going to have to get this under control (probably Congress) so the playing field can at least be a little equal for a small market team like us. The only other thing I can think of would be to join the new PAC whatever, or drop down to some other level of competition. But, MSU is more than just football. We have many other teams that can be competitive in the SEC and on a national scale. The for real answer for football......"Hell I don't know at the moment".

Reactions: She Mate Me

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Yeah, I worriedly predicted a couple years ago we might be entering a football "Nuclear Winter" and now would revise that to yes, were are solidly in it. Using my own definition of nuclear winter is that it will take us 5 years to fully pull out of it and that it will require some coaching stability. Lebby will have to be the one. If we replace him now, add another 5 years before we pull out of it. We are in a hell of a spot. Now is the time to determine if we truly are MSU fans or just bandwagon weight along for the ride. And NIL has certainly complicated our situation. Somebody is going to have to get this under control (probably Congress) so the playing field can at least be a little equal for a small market team like us. The only other thing I can think of would be to join the new PAC whatever, or drop down to some other level of competition. But, MSU is more than just football. We have many other teams that can be competitive in the SEC and on a national scale. The for real answer for football......"Hell I don't know at the moment".
At what point two years ago did you see the nuclear winter coming ? Was it before Arnett fired Leachs staff or after ? I knew immediately after that it was a bottomless pit to football hell for this program.

Last edited:

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
It's year one after two coaches tanked the program with no recruiting. We're on Coach 3 in three years, some of you 17 tards need to find another school if you think Lebby isnt here three or four years. Cohen is gone and NIL is up. We're about to start a FR QB at #1 Texas then #2 UGA.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: msugolf and AROB44

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Gotta ride it out a couple of years. You can’t reset the table again and just expect it to be better immediately. At some point you can’t have the quick trigger on every single coach hire.

Bulldawg77

Dec 1, 2019
There is a plan for this offseason but what’s really important right now is that we start pulling in the same direction and support the BDI. I know , I know some here staunchly disagree with it and they won’t give a dime but the truth is that we have to start supporting it and giving. You want out of this situation that’s where we can all start and make a difference. You can want another coach all day long but the first thing that they are going to ask is where is your collective and NIL at, so we must show that we can and will support all NIl efforts.

Reactions: patdog

patdog

May 28, 2007
Gotta ride it out a couple of years. You can’t reset the table again and just expect it to be better immediately. At some point you can’t have the quick trigger on every single coach hire.
What must be done eventually must be done immediately. Keeping a bad coach will only make things worse. Our problem isn’t that we fire bad coaches too quickly. It’s that we keep hiring bad coaches.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
What must be done eventually must be done immediately. Keeping a bad coach will only make things worse. Our problem isn’t that we fire bad coaches too quickly. It’s that we keep hiring bad coaches.
Then maybe we should address the issue of who is hiring the bad coaches instead of letting them get another crack at it and just hoping they get it right next time.

I don’t know if Lebby sucks or not. I see both sides of the coin so far. But at a certain point you’re just rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic if you don’t fix the bigger issues within your leadership.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
After these next two games. I'll start judging Lebby a little more. These next two games don't mater for me because they're the SEC death match they 17d us over with. I want to see some offensive improvement on the back side of the schedule. The FR QB will make that harder but we'll see.

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
In the current NIL era, losing your HC means losing a good chunk of your players, too. Look how many players Bama lost, and they were going from the GOAT to another successful coach, and had plenty of money to compete for their own roster.

We had two years in a row of turnover. We are worse than I feared, but I'm not sure we fix it by turning it all over again. I don't know why Lebby was considered a good pick, but he has to be given a chance.

FTR, this is not the worst team we have ever fielded. This reminds me of Felker's teams. Some of you are paying too much attention to the Rebels when measuring our team.

Faustdog

Jun 4, 2007
I kind of want him gone today. We are going 1-11 or at best 2-11. Unacceptable to me. He picked his coaching staff. He brough in his Portal guys. We should be better than 1-11 in any coaches first year. I see no improvement so far and I don't know if he knows how to fix it. I also fear he will not fire his buddies.

I fear this
Texas, GA, Ole Miss, Tenn will hang 60 plus on us. Missouri and A&M will hang 50 plus on us. There has to be a point where you would want him gone.

I have never been this embarrassed about Miss State football. Maine was bad but this entire season is really bad so far and doesn't look to improve.

It would take an off the field scandal to fire our coach this year.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login