How bout that bye week, Cowboys fans?!?!?!

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
The annual tradition of Cowboy fans cheering against the team that knocked them out of the 1st round of the playoffs. Practice makes perfect.

It's not rooting it's a fact of life. Other than rubbing cowboy's noses in a loss, today's game was meaningless. There's not a chance in hell either team today beats Green Bay next week

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
I’ve rooted against the Rebels since I was a kid. When Deuce was at Ole Miss I hated but respected him. He’s one of my favorite Saints of all time. If Corral went to New Orleans and became a Pro Bowl quarterback, I’d become a huge Corral fan. I’m honestly not sure why he’s so hated by State fans. There have been much more hatable Rebels over the years.

As for Dak, it’s understandable that you’re happy your team beat the Cowboys. Talking **** about the most prominent MSU alum in the NFL is a weird flex though.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
At the time he played, Patrick Willis was one of my favorite players. Guy was hell on wheels.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Pretty much everyone that cares to know football knows that Dak played at State. Him winning or losing a playoff game doesn’t move the needle for Mississippi State at all.

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
Am I weird since I couldn’t give two ***** which team wins any pro game? Am I the only one?

wdawg44

Jun 4, 2014
Willis is a little different, he didn't fit the rebel mould. He is the only rebel athlete I have ever pulled for post college.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
The annual tradition of Cowboy fans cheering against the team that knocked them out of the 1st round of the playoffs. Practice makes perfect.

Not me Bub. I'm not a Cowboy fan and I've made it clear for a long time how much I hate the Packers.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I’ve rooted against the Rebels since I was a kid. When Deuce was at Ole Miss I hated but respected him. He’s one of my favorite Saints of all time. If Corral went to New Orleans and became a Pro Bowl quarterback, I’d become a huge Corral fan. I’m honestly not sure why he’s so hated by State fans. There have been much more hatable Rebels over the years.

As for Dak, it’s understandable that you’re happy your team beat the Cowboys. Talking **** about the most prominent MSU alum in the NFL is a weird flex though.

I don't care once they finish college but I really don't like this McAllister as a color commentator. Payton is the only Manning I have any respect for. The rest of all this players good luck I don't care.

Hump4Hoops

May 1, 2010
I'll never understand hate for the Boys.

Cowboys haven't been good in 3 decades. It's been nothing but one heartbreak after another. Whenever they get the chance to poke their heads above mediocrety, it's just a waiting game before they screw it up and the entire rest of the country celebrates as if a dynasty has just fallen.

I have known nothing but disappointment as a Cowboys fan, and I don't see that changing any time soon. I'll accept your hate, but for the life of me, I can't understand it.

Rockymountaindawg

Dec 15, 2018
If it was the Saints, I’d be happy for the Saints win, but I wouldn’t come to THIS board wagging atotal360 tiny hard on just to elicit a response from people who pull for Dak

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Pretty much everyone that cares to know football knows that Dak played at State. Him winning or losing a playoff game doesn’t move the needle for Mississippi State at all.

Would disagree with that. Having a qb be successful at the next level especially for a school like state is huge. Him winning a super bowl would be even more special for state. It's great for recruiting and publicity. Cowboys are still the most notable franchise worldwide. Being the face of that franchise is good for msu. Him being successful is good for msu. You guys that say stuff like this don't understand marketing at all.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I’m not sure how old you are but if you were around during the 90s then your perspective on the rivalry between the 49ers and Cowboys should be clear. The rivalry started back in the 70s with the Cowboys getting the upper hand with several playoff victories then it flipped in the 80s to the 49ers then the 90s came where both teams were juggernauts with rosters loaded with talent. Those games either in the regular season or or postseason were must see tv.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/49ers–Cowboys_rivalry

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
I pull for Dallas only because of Dak. Hate the NFL and their biased officials. Sad that Dak lost but glad I don't have to watch anymore NFL games! Its like watching wrestling.

bolddogge

Aug 23, 2012
I'm a State grad and having lived in TN for over 20 years, I'm also a titan's fan. Other than not liking the cowboys since childhood, I didn't really care one way or the other for any other NFL team. I like and dislike certain NFL players, but other than the cowboys or titans, the team didn't matter. I've always wanted all former State players to play great and be the best player on their respective teams no matter the team. I even wanted DD Lewis to be a success even though he played for the cowboys. When Dak became the cowboy's starter that didn't change. I wanted Dak to score 7 TD's every week but come out on the short end of the stick every week by a point or two. I really wanted him to be traded to the Titans... However, since Dak is now the long term face of the cowboys with virtually no chance of being traded I've started pulling for them as well. It wasn't easy at first. But given his situation, he'll not be judged a success unless he is able to put the team on his back and win.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
He gets it. Daks success is good for msu and for a franchise like the cowboys it's a lot of pressure and if you don't win a super bowl you aren't a success. Romo will go down ultimately as a failure as a qb for Dallas because he couldn't win in the playoffs. Same for dak. When you are compared to players like aikman and staubach. It is what it is. But dak winning big is good for msu.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login