How do you rank the SEC through 7 weeks?

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
After Texas, ranking the SEC is difficult.
  1. Texas
  2. Georgia
  3. Alabama
  4. Texas A&M
  5. Tennessee
  6. LSU
  7. Oklahoma
  8. Ole Miss
  9. Missouri
  10. Arkansas
  11. Vanderbilt
  12. South Carolina
  13. Florida
  14. Kentucky
  15. Auburn
  16. Mississippi State

Willow Grove Dawg

Nov 3, 2016
After Texas, ranking the SEC is difficult.
  1. Texas
  2. Georgia
  3. Alabama
  4. Texas A&M
  5. Tennessee
  6. LSU
  7. Oklahoma
  8. Ole Miss
  9. Missouri
  10. Arkansas
  11. Vanderbilt
  12. South Carolina
  13. Florida
  14. Kentucky
  15. Auburn
  16. Mississippi State
I am not even sure that ranking Texas is easy because that schedule has been SOFT & unfortunately it does not get much more challenging. That win at Michigan is looking like less of a signature win every week.

1. Texas
2. Georgia - but they could struggle to make the playoff with games left against Texass, Tennessee, & Ole Miss
3. Texas A & M - best loss of the 1 loss teams
4. Alabama
5. LSU - may have the easiest path to the playoff
6. Tennessee
7. Missouri
8. Ole Miss
9. Vanderbilt
10. Oklahoma
11. Arkansas
12. South Carolina
13. Kentucky
14. Florida
15. Auburn
16. Mississippi State

There just is not a lot of separation between 2-6 or 7-12 then 14-16 are just gawd-awful.

Last edited:
Reactions: patdog

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
  1. Texas
  2. Georgia
  3. Tennessee
  4. Alabama
  5. LSU
  6. Texas A&M
  7. Oklahoma

You can take the rest (minus Auburn and Miss State) and throw them in a bag. They are about the same level.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
  1. Texas
  2. Texas A&M
  3. Georgia
  4. Arkansas
  5. Tennessee
  6. LSU
  7. Vandy
  8. Ole Miss
  9. Missouri
  10. Oklahoma
  11. Kentucky
  12. Bama
  13. South Carolina
  14. Florida
  15. Auburn
  16. Mississippi State

Reactions: 85Bears

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
I'd move A&M down a few spots; maybe to 7 or 8. They haven't really played anybody in conference. And, no, I'm not buying Mizzou's national ranking... The first team they played with a pulse (A&M) skull drug them.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
I'd move A&M down a few spots; maybe to 7 or 8. They haven't really played anybody in conference. And, no, I'm not buying Mizzou's national ranking... The first team they played with a pulse (A&M) skull drug them.
A&M is not 7th or 8th by a long shot

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
They may be 2nd right now.
So McNeese, Florida, Bowling Green, and Arkansas are good measurements? TAMU may well finish in contention for the SEC Championship game, but I'll reserve judgement until after they play LSU and UT. Hell, if all you look at is Vegas odds, they should be well down the list. They're only favored by 15 over us (compared to 38+ for UT and UGA).

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
They have that one bad notre dame loss the first week. Same as lsu against my Trojans which are turning out to be terrible as well. Can't finish a game and hold out.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Well we do play them at home and considering we moved the needle against UT and uga I think Vegas is expecting the game to be closer considering home field and how we just played on the road

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I don't think Texas is all that great. But I don't know who else you put up there. I would normally say Alabama will end up in the top spot but Saban isn't the coach, so I can't do that. Georgia is choketastic. Ole Miss and LSU have flaws. Who knows about aTm and Tennessee.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
For me

texas
georiga
alabama
lsu
tenn
texas am
ole miss
missouri
oklahoma
vandy
Arkansas
florida
South Carolina
‘Kentucky
auburn
mississipppi state

and again 10-2 is the goal for all teams.

patdog

May 28, 2007
So McNeese, Florida, Bowling Green, and Arkansas are good measurements? TAMU may well finish in contention for the SEC Championship game, but I'll reserve judgement until after they play LSU and UT. Hell, if all you look at is Vegas odds, they should be well down the list. They're only favored by 15 over us (compared to 38+ for UT and UGA).
Missouri is as good a test as the other schools have right now. And A&M's loss is a lot more quality loss than most 1-loss teams.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Missouri is as good a test as the other schools have right now. And A&M's loss is a lot more quality loss than most 1-loss teams.
Dis agree. Texas am has played 1 road game. And best win is at home to mizzou.

georgia has a better win, and better loss. There is no 1 loss team in the sec that has Georgia resume.

but It’s all going to play out. All the contenderd have tough games left and if Texas beats Georgia it’s going to be really interesting how this all sorts itself out. Georgia wins and they are basically a playoff team.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
I'd like to see your ranking from 1 to 16. I'm curious which six teams are ahead of A&M.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
A&M is not 7th or 8th by a long shot
I'm not sure there is a long shot between 2nd and 7th or 8th. Not sure if this is just a year where there isn't a dominant team or if all the transfers are just making teams inconsistent and a lot of early wins/losses are not going to be that indicative of who is really good at the end of the season, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of separation. Everybody either has a terrible loss, or lacks a great win.

Missou's best win is against Vanderbilt and lost by 31 to A&M.

Vandy has a loss to a 2-3 Georgia State.

Bama has the win against UGA and a win against a 4-2 Wisconsin that may end up being pretty decent, but they have a loss to Vandy and squeaked by a 3-3 USCe.

USC has a very respectable loss to LSU by 3 at home and a 2 pt loss to Bama on the road, but they got blown out by Ole Miss (although USCe did blow out UK, who beat Ole Miss).

LSU has a loss to USC, which may end up not looking like too bad of a loss, but their only good win so far is Ole Miss.

UGA's only loss isn't bad, but they don't have a great win unless you count beating Clemson, who hasn't played a good team other than UGA yet.

I think we'll have a good idea of who is who at the end of this month. Lots of matchups the next two weeks that will give some clarity as to which wins/losses were flukes and/or over or under rated.

Reactions: HuntDawg

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
I'd like to see your ranking from 1 to 16. I'm curious which six teams are ahead of A&M.
As I said, the rest of the list looks fine, just drop TAMU down. Actually, probably 6th (ahead of OU). My brain wasn't working right when I said 7th. My intent was to slot them between LSU & OU.

Reactions: pseudonym

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
I'm not sure there is a long shot between 2nd and 7th or 8th. Not sure if this is just a year where there isn't a dominant team or if all the transfers are just making teams inconsistent and a lot of early wins/losses are not going to be that indicative of who is really good at the end of the season, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of separation. Everybody either has a terrible loss, or lacks a great win.

Missou's best win is against Vanderbilt and lost by 31 to A&M.

Vandy has a loss to a 2-3 Georgia State.

Bama has the win against UGA and a win against a 4-2 Wisconsin that may end up being pretty decent, but they have a loss to Vandy and squeaked by a 3-3 USCe.

USC has a very respectable loss to LSU by 3 at home and a 2 pt loss to Bama on the road, but they got blown out by Ole Miss (although USCe did blow out UK, who beat Ole Miss).

LSU has a loss to USC, which may end up not looking like too bad of a loss, but their only good win so far is Ole Miss.

UGA's only loss isn't bad, but they don't have a great win unless you count beating Clemson, who hasn't played a good team other than UGA yet.

I think we'll have a good idea of who is who at the end of this month. Lots of matchups the next two weeks that will give some clarity as to which wins/losses were flukes and/or over or under rated.
agree.

Georgia Texas
Alabama Tenn
Georiga Tenn
Georiga ole miss
LSU TxAM
LSU Bama
TxAM Texas

lots will be decided amongst those teams 2-7. And even Mizzou and Ole Miss can get into the mix with wins against bama (missouri) and georgia (ole miss)

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login