How long have you had your cowbell?

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
Dont know its age but I'm in my mid 40s and had it as long as I can remember. It was an actual cow bell that my uncle welded a handle onto. It is HEAVY and rings loud as hell.

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
My dad gave me one that he carried in the 60’s when he was there. I promptly lost it like an idiot drunk. Since I have bought a collection of twenty or so bells. My oldest is some cheap alumni ones me and my wife got when we first met 15 years ago. Have several by bell smith and several by battle bell. Love them both. Have some that will never be rung like a hand painted one I gave my wife at our wedding, or my leach pirate bell that I got for winning the pick ‘em league a few years back. They get addictive I have wanted to have one custom made to match my dad’s bell.

Reactions: CochiseCowbell

basedawg

Aug 22, 2012
Got two in 1970. Gave one to my daughter couple years ago. Hope she passes it on to one of her sons.
probably gift other to her youngest son in couple years.
Back in the day u had to paint them, put decals on plus a bike grip.

Reactions: MSUDOG24

Dawg1969

Aug 22, 2012
My bell came from Vanlandingham lumber in 65. Took it to a blacksmth in Starkville to weld a handle on it. Wish I still had it.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
My oldest one was given to me in 1980. It has split several times and has been retired. It's a big old home made thing.

MSUSaint15

Oct 18, 2020
I've had mine since 2006. I got one in college in 2000 but lost it in a move. I was living in Charleston, S.C., and this dude I knew found out I went to State and told me that his ex-girlfriend had left her bell at his house and wasn't returning his calls so he gave me hers. I've only been able to take it to a few games but now its been put in a drawer because I have twin five-year-olds.

HammerOfTheDogs

Aug 6, 2004
Mine turned 34 years old this season. Bought it at the MSU bookstore when it was on the bottom floor of the Union across from the bowling alley. It's one of the larger bells and is beaten up, got rust in some places and is covered in decals and "Beat ______" stickers, but still has the original clapper. It's seen a lot of good and bad over the years, and never once got taken up by security during the dark ages.
42 Years.

maroonmadman

Nov 7, 2010
Mine dates back to the late '70's. It originally belonged to my younger brother but he transferred to tsun and I took it from him saying "You are not worthy." The clapper came out during the Navy vs State game in Memorial stadium back in early '80's. A friend of mine had one of those all-in-one pocket tools on him and we removed a large square bolt from one of the bench seats in Memorial stadium and fastened it in. That bolt remains there to this day. Has a distinctive ring to it. It also has a decal on it of Bully beating the crap out of Col. Reb with a cowbell. Wish I could find another one of those decals.

Aug 22, 2012
I bought the biggest maroon bell at the Lodge in September 1997. I then bought a small white backup that worked for smuggling in. The white one is really banged up from the end of Jackie's career due to my propensity to bang it against the concrete after interceptions and such.

I now have a Battle Bell that is my primary but I have a good collection.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I have old 40-year-old cowbell. Don't use it anymore. I was gifted a Battle Bell about three years ago. It cracked. I liked it but don't want to buy another one if it is going to crack. I have been using a four-year-old cowbell. Not as loud as the battle bell.