How many more wins do you predict for the remainder of the season?

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I’ll put it this way. It will take more than we’ve seen out of this team at any point so far this season to get more than 1.

For those of yall that think we have outside chances against Ark, Mizzou, or A&M, I feel like it’s either blind hope or else you’re confused that this is some other MSU team. 2024 MSU is a very bad football team, and it would take a miracle to beat one of those teams on their worst day

Reactions: HuntDawg and patdog

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Joe Biden GIF by PBS NewsHour

patdog

May 28, 2007
I’ll put it this way. It will take more than we’ve seen out of this team at any point so far this season to get more than 1.

For those of yall that think we have outside chances against Ark, Mizzou, or A&M, I feel like it’s either blind hope or else you’re confused that this is some other MSU team. 2024 MSU is a very bad football team, and it would take a miracle to beat one of those teams on their worst day
I think a lot of us are putting stock into "looking better" against Texas. Playing with their backup QB, generally looking a little disinterested, taking 3 points off the board, and dropping an easy TD pass. I've been following Mississippi State football since 1974, and this is the worst team I've ever seen. I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see us beating an A&M team that just beat Missouri or an Arkansas team that just beat Tennessee.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I think a lot of us are putting stock into "looking better" against Texas. Playing with their backup QB, generally looking a little disinterested, taking 3 points off the board, and dropping an easy TD pass. I've been following Mississippi State football since 1974, and this is the worst team I've ever seen. I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see us beating an A&M team that just beat Missouri or an Arkansas team that just beat Tennessee.
Right, all while dismissing the fact that while the Texas game may have been a small step up from the embarrassments that we had to endure from the prior 3 weeks, it was still a pretty putrid performance.

At the end of the day, the FPI ratings don’t give us anything better than a 30% chance to win any of our remaining games aside from UMass which I feel is about right, and I just don’t see how you’re ever going to compete for 60 min with an SEC team with our guys up front and the holes that we have throughout the entire defense. Not to mention that we don’t exactly have a Jerious Norwood on offense. If Lebby finds a way to get a W anywhere other than UMass, I’ll be very pleasantly surprised and more hopeful about the future

Reactions: patdog

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
We are going to give Georgia a heck of a game. Lebby is building something special here, and I'm buckling up for it. I then see 3 wins in a row at home with Texas A&M, Arkansas and UMass with our newfound confidence. Unfortunately we won't pull the upset at Tennessee, but our momentum will still be building!!11 We will then finish off a limping Mizzou at home then STUNN Ole Miss in Oxford with Kiffin in the pine box the next day to Florrida!

Goooo dawgs!!! Can't ever count out a dawg111!!

ETA: &tate 4 eva

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: patdog

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
We are going to give Georgia a heck of a game. Lebby is building something special here, and I'm buckling up for it. I then see 3 wins in a row at home with Texas A&M, Arkansas and UMass with our newfound confidence. Unfortunately we will win at Tennessee, but our momentum will still be building!!11 We will then finish off a limping Mizzou at home then STUNN Ole Miss in Oxford with Kiffin in the pine box the next day to Florrida!

Goooo dawgs!!! Can't ever count out a dawg111!!
It’s an MSU copypasta.

patdog

May 28, 2007
At the end of the day, the FPI ratings don’t give us anything better than a 30% chance to win any of our remaining games aside from UMass which I feel is about right, and I just don’t see how you’re ever going to compete for 60 min with an SEC team with our guys up front and the holes that we have throughout the entire defense. Not to mention that we don’t exactly have a Jerious Norwood on offense. If Lebby finds a way to get a W anywhere other than UMass, I’ll be very pleasantly surprised and more hopeful about the future
So I looked at FPI. Interestingly, they project 2.8 wins, so according to FPI, 2 more wins is more likely than 1. And they project a 0.5% chance to get 6 wins. So they're saying there's a chance. Realistically, I think FPI tends to skew both the top teams and the bottom ones too much towards .500 in its projections. So I'm sticking with 1 more win and 2-10 record.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login