How much better has the OL looked with Cole Smith in there?...

Faustdog

Jun 4, 2007
He is making a huge difference. He seems to be a leader, and he plays with a mean streak. There was obviously just some sort of mental block with him snapping the ball last year.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Problem is, we still have to fill 3 spots beyond Smith next year. I guess we can assume Dolla Bill will grow up and take a spot, but that's iffy. Appears to me that the main contributors beyond those guys has been Grant Jackson and Nick Jones, with spot appearances by Reed Buys and Albert Reese. I don't see any JUCOs on the commitment list.

My question is, who is Cordavian Suggs? We've just been carrying that guy for like 5 years. And whoever this JUCO Carson Williams is, we need him to step up next year too. Can't be having this dead weight.

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
Cole has been huge for us and maybe not snapping helped him this year. I'm not sure if he moves back over to C next year, but he has gained a lot of confidence. Lashley.....not so much. Having Lashley and Dolla Bill on the same side gave me PTSD.

Last edited:

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Are there any transfer portal guys we might get to step in and start there?
I'm not seeing many, JUCO either. You're seeing the failure in the 2019 high school class now, so we can't blame Mullen anymore. Pendley, Cunningham and Brevyn Jones all gone from that class, and our one guy that hit is an NFL guy who will leave early.

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
My guess is Reed Buys will play center and Dolla Bill will move to tackle with either Jackson or Reese taking the left tackle spot

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
My guess is Reed Buys will play center and Dolla Bill will move to tackle with either Jackson or Reese taking the left tackle spot
Ugh, I wince at the thought of a second year player (who granted, may be the future there), taking over that spot in a year where we could be pretty good. Especially when the schedule gets tougher. I have visions of Blaine Clausell and Greg Eiland getting flat-backed over and over.

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
LT will be a HUGE dropoff next year no matter who we get. Cross has improved so much this year and is dominating. He is now being mentioned as a top 10 draft pick.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login