How much is the baseball situation affecting everyone's reaction for the football situation?...

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
The meltdown over getting blowout by LSU is something I haven’t seen in quite awhile. I’m as skeptical as anyone about Arnett but it does seem a little over the top. I don’t remember this same type meltdown after getting destroyed by LSU in previous years
At a surface level, I agree with you. There's absolutely no reason to start talking about burning down the program or firing a head coach 3 games into his tenure over a loss to LSU.

That said, context does matter. When you have a senior laden roster on both sides of the ball, a record breaking QB behind center, and a game being played in your backyard against a team that's already gotten it's *** kicked this year, there is absolutely no excuse for last week's performance. I didn't even watch the game because I was out camping with the family, but I couldn't get through 5 minutes of Wyatt's film study after seeing repeated mental breakdowns from the very first drive of the game. It's unacceptable, and the entire coaching staff should be completely embarrassed for the product they put on the field last week.

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
At a surface level, I agree with you. There's absolutely no reason to start talking about burning down the program or firing a head coach 3 games into his tenure over a loss to LSU.

That said, context does matter. When you have a senior laden roster on both sides of the ball, a record breaking QB behind center, and a game being played in your backyard against a team that's already gotten it's *** kicked this year, there is absolutely no excuse for last week's performance. I didn't even watch the game because I was out camping with the family, but I couldn't get through 5 minutes of Wyatt's film study after seeing repeated mental breakdowns from the very first drive of the game. It's unacceptable, and the entire coaching staff should be completely embarrassed for the product they put on the field last week.
There’s a good chance LSU is in the mix for the playoff at year end. That’s something that a lot of people have dismissed already

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
There’s a good chance LSU is in the mix for the playoff at year end. That’s something that a lot of people have dismissed already
What about SELA and AZ? We weren't good in either of those. Win today and change some attitudes. Lose today and this staff is finished barring a massive turnaround. We've been lost on both sides of the ball.

Reactions: patdog

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
What about SELA and AZ? We weren't good in either of those. Win today and change some attitudes. Lose today and this staff is finished barring a massive turnaround. We've been lost on both sides of the ball.
Yep tonight should tell us what we need to know about this season

patdog

May 28, 2007
LSU has to win out, including the SEC championship game to make the playoffs. They should be favored in every game remaining & UGA should be a tossup.

KingBarkus

May 1, 2006
I’m stunned that Lemonis is still the coach after 2 embarrassing seasons. I never would have believed Mississippi State would allow it. Baseball is practically worshipped by some in our fan base.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login