Hunter Hines

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
No one took the bet, yourself included, just like I said on my post. You wouldn’t take it.

however definitely would have lost it on my end.

I did hear though that Hines has a big number that wasn’t met… . Now that your in round 11 slot values are gone.. so teams might be able to meet said demand now…. Or maybe Hines will lower it.

or maybe he’ll come back. Which would be welcomed… no Mershon either…. Tomorrow is a big day for a few guys… our pitchers seems to over do their slots, hitters so far have definitely under shot their values.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
For what it’s worth. I’m told Hines was contacted several times around round 7 and he stuck to demands.

he may be making an awfully big bet on himself… which I wouldn’t have done if i were him.

He seems to be trending towards coming back.

Reactions: 57stratdawg

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
After going undrafted today, seems what I heard is spot on. He made a big bet on himself turning down top 7-8 round money to come back… good for us…. Expect another solid year from him.

Reactions: patdog

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
After going undrafted today, seems what I heard is spot on. He made a big bet on himself turning down top 7-8 round money to come back… good for us…. Expect another solid year from him.
If he doesn't move 10 inches off the plate he will lose that bet.

He will probably go to 1 on career HRs at MSU though.

Reactions: patdog

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
7-8th round money is only like $150k-$200k after taxes….not that much. If he really had “big demands”, it likely means he already knew what we were able to match in NIL. In that case, it’s an easy decision to return to school and just see what happens. He can finish his degree, and not really be out anything.

And in the low probability that he makes a huge leap as a senior, he can still get a huge payday.

Reactions: Msuirondawgs

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
7-8th round money is only like $150k-$200k after taxes….not that much. If he really had “big demands”, it likely means he already knew what we were able to match in NIL. In that case, it’s an easy decision to return to school and just see what happens. He can finish his degree, and not really be out anything.

And in the low probability that he makes a huge leap as a senior, he can still get a huge payday.
I don’t disagree. I’m sure bt NIL, getting a degree, home run record…. And already passing the draft out of high school… he’s very loyal to being a bulldog not overly shocking that after he fell out of the top 5 he wanted to come back.

again i was told he got called numerous times and stuck to his guns. So I assume it was probably top 5 round money or back to msu… and mlb teams didn’t want to waste the draft pick on a guy they knew they weren’t gonna sign

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
I don’t disagree. I’m sure bt NIL, getting a degree, home run record…. And already passing the draft out of high school… he’s very loyal to being a bulldog not overly shocking that after he fell out of the top 5 he wanted to come back.

again i was told he got called numerous times and stuck to his guns. So I assume it was probably top 5 round money or back to msu… and mlb teams didn’t want to waste the draft pick on a guy they knew they weren’t gonna sign
Are you a relative of his ?

hdogg

Nov 21, 2014
So, this seems good for msu fans, and not terrible for Hines , and maybe even better long term for Hines who can finish a degree in case pro ball doesn't work out.

Win/win/win ?
I'm sure he's disappointed but it's so tough out there...

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
So, this seems good for msu fans, and not terrible for Hines , and maybe even better long term for Hines who can finish a degree in case pro ball doesn't work out.

Win/win/win ?
I'm sure he's disappointed but it's so tough out there...
It solves the 1B problem, but Hines will likely be the exact same player he's been for the last 3 years - which is not someone who can carry us. Not many players magically get better in their 4th year, but I can think of one who did - Brent Rooker. That said, Rooker was always a good hitter and it was very evident. But hey if Hines comes back and hits 25 HRs (which is something he's shown evidence that he can do), we'll be just fine. But that's going to take a good bit of improvement and confidence.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login