Huskies Trading in a Lambo on a Nissan for 24

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Translation....

"My (the OPee) life is so ridiculously, unbelievably boring and I'm such an insufferable prick that I wake up every morning feeling an overwhelming need to **** on the really good kid who spent 4 years at my favorite school being the best QB on campus and trying (and usually succeeding) to make that school's football team better.

And the surprising thing is, I'm so GD stupid, I don't even realize what a massive prick I am, and I'll keep posting stupid **** about Will Rogers in perpetuity..."

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Can't y'all just shut up and appreciate what Will did for us while he was here? He sacrificed and gave all he had for us, which is something none of you losers has ever done.
If he gave half as much effort as his friends and family do on message boards gaslighting us about how great he was, he would've been first team all american.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
People push back on extreme views and comments. Not surprised that you view people pushing back against shi*ting on Rogers as attempts to gaslight.
Animated GIF

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
I am just befuddled as to why a sizable amount of people on here delight in dumping on Rogers. Especially considering the complete lack of quarterback talent we have historically had. Hell, some people wax poetically about Kevin freaking Fant but schitt on Rogers. It doesn’t make sense to me.

jb1020

Jun 7, 2009

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
This board is filled with posters who woulda been a much better SEC QB than Will if only they had not hurt their knee in the sixth grade. Sadly that forced them to turn away from a promising athletic career and towards pursuing an accounting degree.
I don't know everyone is so uncomfortable with the truth - which is that Rogers was not a D1-talent QB and was made better by Leach. BOTTOM LINE. Whether you like him or not is a different story.

When you talk about Dillon Johnson, RaRa Thomas, Woody Marks......those are solid 3 star-4 star caliber players, and they proved it. You knew they would play at their next destination. Will Rogers is not in that category, and him going to Washington sounds like a desperate attempt to prove something to people, rather than doing what he should have done, and go to Western Kentucky, then start coaching his own version of the Air Raid.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
I don't know everyone is so uncomfortable with the truth - which is that Rogers was not a D1-talent QB and was made better by Leach. BOTTOM LINE. Whether you like him or not is a different story.

When you talk about Dillon Johnson, RaRa Thomas, Woody Marks......those are solid 3 star-4 star caliber players, and they proved it. You knew they would play at their next destination. Will Rogers is not in that category, and him going to Washington sounds like a desperate attempt to prove something to people, rather than doing what he should have done, and go to Western Kentucky, then start coaching his own version of the Air Raid.
So why would a team playing for the national championship recruit him?

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I don't know everyone is so uncomfortable with the truth - which is that Rogers was not a D1-talent QB and was made better by Leach. BOTTOM LINE.
This hits on your comment last month where you claimed Rogers isnt even a 'good player'.

- If your claim here is correct and he was made better by Leach...so what? Why is that a bad thing? In what 17ing world should we complain and rip on a player for getting better due to a coach? Its bonkers to use that as any sort of 'evidence' to support crapping on a player.
'If he wasnt so good while playing for the coach, he wouldnt have been good!'.

- Players seek to play in programs that fit their skill set. I posted this before, but Roethlisberger would have been worthless in a system that required him to run a bunch. That doesnt mean the system he did play in was a gimmick.

- In the SEC you cant pass for 71 touchdowns, have only 17 interceptions, and complete 71% of your passes over 2 seasons if you arent at least a D1 talent QB. Explain away those numbers all you want by claiming they are inflated due to 'the system', but that simply doesnt happen at the SEC level if the QB isnt actually talented.

He may suck at Washington. He may be mediocre at Washington. He may never even play at Washington. None of what happens in the future changes the reality that Rogers led MSU to 16 wins in the 2 full seasons he played, and MSU played in 2 bowl games while also going .500 in the SEC.
He isnt an All-American. He isnt a 1st team SEC player. He is absolutely a D1 talent QB.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012

This is 100% spot on with your assessment of Will, goat.

We've got too many people who can't separate criticism of Will the football player with Will the person. And the reason folks critical of Will continue to be critical is because we've got too many people continuing to carry water for him. We can all let it go.

Will wants to coach and he's headed to Washington to learn from one of the top, most innovative offensive minds in the game right now. If he plays next year, it will be because some things went wrong out there.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
So why would a team playing for the national championship recruit him?
Good question. My thoughts:

1) He's insurance for the upcoming freshman;
2) Dillon Johnson has put in a good word for him;
3) I doubt there is much real competition, i.e. NIL money needed;
4) They rationalize it by looking at the statistics, which can be extremely misleading as far as gauging if a player can truly help you.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Of course Goat knows more than the coaches of a team playing for the national championship. Kalen DeBoer and his 104-11 career head coaching record can’t evaluate quarterback talent as well as Goat.
Well, our great basketball coach (and I'm not criticizing him; I love the guy) brought in a portal transfer from Marshall based on gaudy stats and learned in real time that the guy has severe limitations and is nailed to the bench, despite us paying a hefty NIL sum for him.

We've seen Will play for four years. He does some things well. He does some things not well. He has physical limitations. He's not going to play at Washington. Be honest with yourself here....do you really see Will playing at that level after watching Penix last night? Do you really see him making those throws? Making plays with his feet? I mean, let's be honest about it.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Will wants to coach and he's headed to Washington to learn from one of the top, most innovative offensive minds in the game right now. If he plays next year, it will be because some things went wrong out there.
I didn't really think about this, i.e. the initial Garner Minshew approach at Bama. Of course, he did ultimately choose Wazzou and it paid off for him, and the equivalent for Rogers would have been WKU. However - we all know he (Rogers) simply doesn't have the ability (or the physical body) to go on that Minshew run and get to the NFL. So in this case, Rogers going to Washington might actually be a good move for him, as far as future coaching.

I still think he's got a little ego going, and he thinks he will continue what Washington did this year.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
He is absolutely a D1 talent QB.
Sorry, I can't and won't ever agree. Leach made lesser QBs look good over and over throughout his career. I saw Rogers play in high school and was like, "is this really a guy we are recruiting?" He was very much like many TX high school recruits, extremely well coached and maxed out in high school. Remember, his dad was a long time OC and they ran Air Raid concepts at Brandon (and had a lot of talent around him).

This is not personal. I don't know Will Rogers. I don't know if I respect him or not, or if he works hard, all that crap. I have some thoughts about it, but not enough to have a strong opinion. I am just surprised he never got seriously hurt, honestly.

• Sad
Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

QuadrupleOption

Aug 21, 2012
The thing that annoys me about this take is how many people want to trash Rogers based on what he couldn't do versus what he did do for us while he was here.

If you look purely at his productivity as a starting QB, he's one of the top 2 or 3 we've had at MSU over the last 40 years. I don't care if you or the rest of the naysayers think he wasn't a D1 QB - he played for us and produced for us. It's not on him that the powers-that-be f@cked his senior year by changing to an offense that in no way suited our personnel.

It's not that I don't see the physical limitations he has - it's that despite those limitations he produced more than most of the 'real' QBs we've had over the decades. And if he sucks and is terrible, his productivity at MSU is an indictment of where our program is and has been for decades. So if he's not a D1 QB, then we aren't a D1 program because no one could knock him out of his spot the 4 years he was on the roster.

While I won't cheer for Washington next season, it won't surprise me if he plays and produces there just like he did here. Oh, and they'll have way better players than we do at WR so I suspect his passing numbers will look pretty damn good.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
He certainly isn't Penix but I think it's pretty ignorant to say he isn't a D1 QB when obviously he was the QB of a D1 team starting in his true freshman year. Pretty sure that makes him D1. Pretty sure he put up some pretty nice stats with receivers that are not in the top 20. Everybody said Nix was garbage too. I admit I would not have signed him over a boat load of portal QBs but they did.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
The thing that annoys me about this take is how many people want to trash Rogers based on what he couldn't do versus what he did do for us while he was here.

If you look purely at his productivity as a starting QB, he's one of the top 2 or 3 we've had at MSU over the last 40 years. I don't care if you or the rest of the naysayers think he wasn't a D1 QB - he played for us and produced for us. It's not on him that the powers-that-be f@cked his senior year by changing to an offense that in no way suited our personnel.

It's not that I don't see the physical limitations he has - it's that despite those limitations he produced more than most of the 'real' QBs we've had over the decades. And if he sucks and is terrible, his productivity at MSU is an indictment of where our program is and has been for decades. So if he's not a D1 QB, then we aren't a D1 program because no one could knock him out of his spot the 4 years he was on the roster.

While I won't cheer for Washington next season, it won't surprise me if he plays and produces there just like he did here. Oh, and they'll have way better players than we do at WR so I suspect his passing numbers will look pretty damn good.
I tend to think Leach did most of that. And hey, many fans here said the offense sucked. So which is it? Facts are - Leach was good, but we didn't have great overall talent on offense - Rogers included. It is what it is.

Rogers was the benefactor of a lot of things. If it hadn't been for COVID, Costello is coached better and likely is the starter all year. And Braden Locke probably gives him a run for his money this year and next year. But, in Will's defense, he did what it took, and he got to reap the rewards of being an SEC QB for 4 years. No telling how much p***y he got. Not to mention NIL.
This is just the way it is nowadays.

Reactions: RopeDawg

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009

So whats your predictions for him next year?

Be specific.

Does he start?
Does he throw for 2800 plus yards in regular season? 20 TDs? less than 10 interceptions?

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I don't know why people here are so opinionated and adamant about the topic. I appreciate Will and realize he has limitations but I'm gonna wait and see what happens next year. Hard for me to see him following up Penix but who knew who Penix was before going to Washington ? But DeBoer apparently wanted him. I feel pretty sure Kalen DeBoer's wife knows more about football that anyone posting here. Let's all just sit back and watch.

Reactions: paindonthurt

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
Will Rogers was the right QB for Mike Leach. I believe had Leach lived, Will Rogers would have had a good season in 23 and State would have won 7 games. Add South Carolina and Auburn. And maybe an 8th in the Egg Bowl.

What happened in 23 was criminal and those in the decision making process should suffer a huge punishment and reprimand by the money people putting them on notice that any more shortcuts on Athletics decisions will result in huge deductions in donations to both athletics and academics. Where the hell die Jaden Walley go? To the bench? That guy was Will's go to guy for 2 years on crossing patterns. He and Polk would great receivers on the move and Will hit them. Creed was wasted. Tight ends were useless this year. My gosh, the Oline that had a darn good 2022 had two coaches and couldn't block the female cheerleaders in 2023. They got ruined by this past staff. If I never hear of Friend, Schmidt, Peterson and Campbell ever again, I'll be happy. Those guys were all Coach 34's butt buddies so that should tell you all you need to know about their uselessness.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login