Huskies Trading in a Lambo on a Nissan for 24

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Rogers was very good at the Leach offense. It remains to be seen if he can run something different well. We did not have the blocking to run what we tried to run this past year.

StateCollege

Oct 17, 2022
“He played hard”

The most irrelevant defense of a player. Like, ok? Are we really congratulating a player for not being lazy?

Reactions: msudawg1200

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Why? So our program looks worse than it does already? Doesn't matter, because it ain't happening, and he may not even start. 1.2M is laughable, and if that's anywhere near the truth, then whoever runs their collective is a certifiable 17tard.

When Indndawg and RockyDog are liking your post, you should probably change your name, cause you ain't the OG of anything worth a ****.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Rogers was very good at the Leach offense. It remains to be seen if he can run something different well. We did not have the blocking to run what we tried to run this past year.
He was adequate, I wouldn't say very good. When I think of very good, I think of Graham Harrell. And what Braden Locke maybe could have been.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Can't y'all just shut up and appreciate what Will did for us while he was here? He sacrificed and gave all he had for us, which is something none of you losers has ever done.
What did he sacrifice?

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I'm not sure if its been discussed, but I heard his NIL deal was $1.2 mil. He's gonna play there. I hope he wins the Heisman.
I dnt understand our fans wanting a player to do well or better when they leave our program and go to another.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Well, our great basketball coach (and I'm not criticizing him; I love the guy) brought in a portal transfer from Marshall based on gaudy stats and learned in real time that the guy has severe limitations and is nailed to the bench, despite us paying a hefty NIL sum for him.
How much did we pay? Is this documented somewhere?...I would geek out on seeing what everyone is paid and in what ways.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
How much did we pay? Is this documented somewhere?...I would geek out on seeing what everyone is paid and in what ways.
Those numbers aren't public. But it's been discussed at length that he was an expensive pull.

Barkman Turner Overdrive

May 28, 2006
If I never hear of Friend, Schmidt, Peterson and Campbell ever again, I'll be happy. Those guys were all Coach 34's butt buddies so that should tell you all you need to know about their uselessness.
We should have known what we were in for when he started pumping the sunshine about the then upcoming 2023 season and the new fun-to-watch offense.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Sorry, I can't and won't ever agree. Leach made lesser QBs look good over and over throughout his career. I saw Rogers play in high school and was like, "is this really a guy we are recruiting?" He was very much like many TX high school recruits, extremely well coached and maxed out in high school. Remember, his dad was a long time OC and they ran Air Raid concepts at Brandon (and had a lot of talent around him).
Again you minimize accomplishments based on him being a product of Leach's offense. Leach coached Power5 programs at the D1 level. So QBs that had individual and team success playing for Leach are clearly D1 QBs.
You just cant bring yourself to say it. You thrash and fight it for some crazy reason, even though it is right there in front of you.

Also, you think he maxed out in high school, even though he has played QB for an SEC program for 4 seasons where he completed 70% of his passes, threw 94 touchdowns, had an overall passer rating of 138? He led the NCAA in completion % in 21, led the NCAA in total completions in 21 and 22, led the SEC in touchdown passes in 22, and is 4th all time in total yards passed in SEC history despite missing multiple games this season.
But he peaked in high school? 17 that absurd take.

I tend to think Leach did most of that. And hey, many fans here said the offense sucked. So which is it? Facts are - Leach was good, but we didn't have great overall talent on offense - Rogers included. It is what it is.

Rogers was the benefactor of a lot of things. If it hadn't been for COVID, Costello is coached better and likely is the starter all year. And Braden Locke probably gives him a run for his money this year and next year.
More excusing and justifying.
First off, a fanbase is not monolith. There are many people with many views. Take this topic for example, you think Rogers wasnt a D1 level QB and nearly everyone else thinks you are a clown. See?- many views. Similarly, some fans thought the offense under Leach sucked. Other fans thought it was fine. Crazy right?...not everyone thinks the same thing, even though you form your argument like they do.

Then your post turns to excuses. First you cite COVID and claim Costello would have been better if not for that. Then you state a total hypothetical as reality and claim Locke would have given Rogers a run for his money if not for Costello not having better coaching due to COVID.
What this actually shows is that as a true freshman, Rogers took over mid-season from a grad transfer from Stanford and held the position the next season when competing with a guy that only saw the field at Wisconsin this season because the starting QB was injured and went right back to the bench once the other QB was healed.
Thats who you are propping up in this argument- a grad transfer that really wasnt good and Rogers was better than as a true freshman(based on QB rating that season), and a freshman that didnt see the field at MSU and was ineffective when he saw the field at Wisconsin.

Minimizing and excusing. Wash rinse repeat. Only this time you also claimed Rogers peaked in high school. Good lord.

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
I have heard some crazy numbers like $15,000 to $20,000 per month for each basketball transfer in and for the guys that stayed another year.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I've seen a few 990s filed for non-taxable organizations (assuming most NILs are not-taxable), but they usually only list salaries and benefits of the senior officers. I wonder if we'll ever see the amounts players are getting?

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Also, you think he maxed out in high school, even though he has played QB for an SEC program for 4 seasons where he completed 70% of his passes, threw 94 touchdowns, had an overall passer rating of 138? He led the NCAA in completion % in 21, led the NCAA in total completions in 21 and 22, led the SEC in touchdown passes in 22, and is 4th all time in total yards passed in SEC history despite missing multiple games this season.
But he peaked in high school? 17 that absurd take.

Only this time you also claimed Rogers peaked in high school.
The evidence is there. He was college ready as a freshman, and didn't really get any better the whole time he was on campus. Telltale sign of a guy who has maxed out ability due to being coached well in high school. He never took another step physically, either.

And then, once out of the Leach offense, he was below average.

It's not rocket science.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Just saying, Will can't do this. I saw this several times. Will gets sacked here 9/10 times. It's not wrong to question their decision by picking him up. Nothing wrong with believing they will experience a drop of just on talent and football abilities like this.

Reactions: Dawgg and RockyDog

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Just saying, Will can't do this. I saw this several times. Will gets sacked here 9/10 times. It's not wrong to question their decision by picking him up. Nothing wrong with believing they will experience a drop of just on talent and football abilities like this.

Well duh. Michael Penix is the Heisman runner up and will probably be a top 10 draft pick. There would be a drop off with any quarterback who replaces him. Is Will going to replace Michael Penix exactly? No. Can he be successful there with a good offensive line and wide receivers? I think he can.

RopeDawg

Feb 24, 2023
If he gave half as much effort as his friends and family do on message boards gaslighting us about how great he was, he would've been first team all american.
They don’t realize that they are the main reason he gets **** on so much. If there wasn’t a constant barrage of his posse calling everyone out for anything that is ever said about him we wouldn’t think much of it.

RopeDawg

Feb 24, 2023
Good question. My thoughts:

1) He's insurance for the upcoming freshman;
2) Dillon Johnson has put in a good word for him;
3) I doubt there is much real competition, i.e. NIL money needed;
4) They rationalize it by looking at the statistics, which can be extremely misleading as far as gauging if a player can truly help you.
They need someone who has qb leadership experience to be a bridge during a rebuild. They are losing everyone.
It looks good on paper to say a 4 year SEC starter is coming in.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Can't y'all just shut up and appreciate what Will did for us while he was here? He sacrificed and gave all he had for us, which is something none of you losers has ever done.
I gave a **** load of money to get my degree and I give a **** load of money each year for my season tickets. He got a free education forgetting to play a sport he liked. Don't act like he really gave anything.

Reactions: shep9332 and Dawgg

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Translation....

"My (the OPee) life is so ridiculously, unbelievably boring and I'm such an insufferable prick that I wake up every morning feeling an overwhelming need to **** on the really good kid who spent 4 years at my favorite school being the best QB on campus and trying (and usually succeeding) to make that school's football team better.

And the surprising thing is, I'm so GD stupid, I don't even realize what a massive prick I am, and I'll keep posting stupid **** about Will Rogers in perpetuity..."

Best post of the thread!

Reactions: EmpireDown

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Why? So our program looks worse than it does already? Doesn't matter, because it ain't happening, and he may not even start. 1.2M is laughable, and if that's anywhere near the truth, then whoever runs their collective is a certifiable 17tard.
Are you saying the coaches at Washington are stupid and don't know what they are looking for? I hope we land a stupid coach that gets us to the playoffs.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
I don't know everyone is so uncomfortable with the truth - which is that Rogers was not a D1-talent QB and was made better by Leach. BOTTOM LINE. Whether you like him or not is a different story.

When you talk about Dillon Johnson, RaRa Thomas, Woody Marks......those are solid 3 star-4 star caliber players, and they proved it. You knew they would play at their next destination. Will Rogers is not in that category, and him going to Washington sounds like a desperate attempt to prove something to people, rather than doing what he should have done, and go to Western Kentucky, then start coaching his own version of the Air Raid.
Yet... the sec records. LOL. Which SEC Rushing records did DJ and Marks and RaRa set again?

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
This is 100% spot on with your assessment of Will, goat.

We've got too many people who can't separate criticism of Will the football player with Will the person. And the reason folks critical of Will continue to be critical is because we've got too many people continuing to carry water for him. We can all let it go.

Will wants to coach and he's headed to Washington to learn from one of the top, most innovative offensive minds in the game right now. If he plays next year, it will be because some things went wrong out there.
Has not one damn thing to do with being able to separate the person from the player. As a poster pointed out, no matter what system you are in, when you produce those numbers it's literally STUPID to say he isn't D1 talent unless the SEC is no longer D1. Just straight up STUPID. It's not even ignorance. Ignorance can be fixed with facts. Stupid just isn't fixable.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018

4) They rationalize it by looking at the statistics, which can be extremely misleading as far as gauging if a player can truly help you.
Yeah.......... a coach in the National friggin Championship game who is 104-11 just relied on stats. LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
I tend to think Leach did most of that. And hey, many fans here said the offense sucked. So which is it? Facts are - Leach was good, but we didn't have great overall talent on offense - Rogers included. It is what it is.

Rogers was the benefactor of a lot of things. If it hadn't been for COVID, Costello is coached better and likely is the starter all year. And Braden Locke probably gives him a run for his money this year and next year. But, in Will's defense, he did what it took, and he got to reap the rewards of being an SEC QB for 4 years. No telling how much p***y he got. Not to mention NIL.
This is just the way it is nowadays.
Leach never made a single throw on the field in a game at MSU. Period. That was all Rogers reading a defense and making the throws. Over 75% were to the WRs too.

drexeldog23

Dec 2, 2022
This hits on your comment last month where you claimed Rogers isnt even a 'good player'.

- If your claim here is correct and he was made better by Leach...so what? Why is that a bad thing? In what 17ing world should we complain and rip on a player for getting better due to a coach? Its bonkers to use that as any sort of 'evidence' to support crapping on a player.
'If he wasnt so good while playing for the coach, he wouldnt have been good!'.

- Players seek to play in programs that fit their skill set. I posted this before, but Roethlisberger would have been worthless in a system that required him to run a bunch. That doesnt mean the system he did play in was a gimmick.

- In the SEC you cant pass for 71 touchdowns, have only 17 interceptions, and complete 71% of your passes over 2 seasons if you arent at least a D1 talent QB. Explain away those numbers all you want by claiming they are inflated due to 'the system', but that simply doesnt happen at the SEC level if the QB isnt actually talented.

He may suck at Washington. He may be mediocre at Washington. He may never even play at Washington. None of what happens in the future changes the reality that Rogers led MSU to 16 wins in the 2 full seasons he played, and MSU played in 2 bowl games while also going .500 in the SEC.
He isnt an All-American. He isnt a 1st team SEC player. He is absolutely a D1 talent QB.
holy sheet, i just found myself agreeing with everything you said. i feel unwell now.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
They don’t realize that they are the main reason he gets **** on so much. If there wasn’t a constant barrage of his posse calling everyone out for anything that is ever said about him we wouldn’t think much of it.
His posse are a bunch of pussies. And they suck as much as he does.

Reactions: RopeDawg

chuckster.sixpack

Mar 26, 2015
If he gave half as much effort as his friends and family do on message boards gaslighting us about how great he was, he would've been first team all american.
First I’ve heard about his family and friends defending him but good for them.

There are a lot of people here that still live by that Jackie Sherrill BS about hoisting your MSU mug after a win and they get bent out of shape if they can’t do it after every game.

chuckster.sixpack

Mar 26, 2015
How does Will Rogers’ success make MSU look bad to anybody who doesn’t suffer from the Hail State little man complex?

Reactions: FlotownDawg

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
The RuNDaBaWl folks really disliked two people, Mike Leach and Will Rogers. Those two people represented that fancy arse throwing the ball stuff that they hate. Leach is dead so they can’t rant about him anymore, so Rogers takes all the schitt. The same people that dislike Rogers want to build a statue for Garrett Schrader because he did a helicopter spin and almost got a first down one time in a game we lost, even though his stats and winning percentage, even when you count his Syracuse years, are worse than Will’s

bomanishus

Mar 17, 2009
Let it go.
I don't know everyone is so uncomfortable with the truth - which is that Rogers was not a D1-talent QB and was made better by Leach. BOTTOM LINE. Whether you like him or not is a different story.

When you talk about Dillon Johnson, RaRa Thomas, Woody Marks......those are solid 3 star-4 star caliber players, and they proved it. You knew they would play at their next destination. Will Rogers is not in that category, and him going to Washington sounds like a desperate attempt to prove something to people, rather than doing what he should have done, and go to Western Kentucky, then start coaching his own version of the Air Raid.
Yep, Kalen Deboer has no idea what a quarterback is supposed to look like or be able to do on the football field. Goat Holder, on the other hand, is a frickin' genius on these things.

bomanishus

Mar 17, 2009
This is 100% spot on with your assessment of Will, goat.

We've got too many people who can't separate criticism of Will the football player with Will the person. And the reason folks critical of Will continue to be critical is because we've got too many people continuing to carry water for him. We can all let it go.

Will wants to coach and he's headed to Washington to learn from one of the top, most innovative offensive minds in the game right now. If he plays next year, it will be because some things went wrong out there.
Criticism of Will the person and Will the player - there's a fine line and we have crossed it.

WIsh him well and be thankful for what he did for us.

Reactions: blacklistedbully

bomanishus

Mar 17, 2009

They evidently zeroed in on him early - rumors of him to UW were circulating almost as soon as he hit the portal. They like what they see and think he's a fit.

Go get 'em, WIll!

bomanishus

Mar 17, 2009
Happy Cracking Up GIF by Regal
Yep, twelve teams. It could easily happen.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
The RuNDaBaWl folks really disliked two people, Mike Leach and Will Rogers. Those two people represented that fancy arse throwing the ball stuff that they hate. Leach is dead so they can’t rant about him anymore, so Rogers takes all the schitt. The same people that dislike Rogers want to build a statue for Garrett Schrader because he did a helicopter spin and almost got a first down one time in a game we lost, even though his stats and winning percentage, even when you count his Syracuse years, are worse than Will’s
Funny thing is, I'm not one of the RuN dA BaWl mouth breathers. I liked the Air Raid, and I never got too down on Rogers.

But I also have the ability to call a spade a spade. Rogers was a serviceable QB at best, even in the Air Raid. Bottom line.

Reactions: shep9332
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login