Huskies Trading in a Lambo on a Nissan for 24

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012

Criticism of Will the person and Will the player - there's a fine line and we have crossed it.

WIsh him well and be thankful for what he did for us.
I have not seen any consistent criticism of will the person. At all. People saying that is happening has an agenda. You need to stop.

Reactions: Dawgg

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
If that's why you're running the guy down - because of something somebody else said that happens to have a different opinion than you - then you are truly a small person. Let it go.
Nobody's running him down. Stop being stupid.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I never got too down on Rogers.

But I also have the ability to call a spade a spade. Rogers was a serviceable QB at best, even in the Air Raid. Bottom line.

"the truth - which is that Rogers was not a D1-talent QB"
"I saw Rogers play in high school and was like, "is this really a guy we are recruiting?""
"He was adequate..."

"Rogers was serviceable at best in the Air Raid..."

Never got too down on Rogers, huh? This guy led all of D1 in completion % in 1, led all of D1 in total completions in 21 and 22, led the SEC conference in touchdown passes in 22, and is 4th all time in total yards passed in the SEC despite missing multiple games due to injury.
You think someone that did all that is not D1 talent.
You think someone that did all that is only 'adequate' and 'serviceable at best'.

There is a significant disconnect on your end if you think your comments about someone who accomplished those things is only adequate and isnt even D1 talent arent getting 'too down' on him.
Like...what accomplishments does an MSU QB need to achieve for you to view them as actual D1 talent? This guy led the best conference in touchdown passes. He led all of D1 in passing % and total completions, but he isnt a D1 talent player.
Significant disconnect.

You took an absurd view, dug your heels in, and will proudly die on that hill while most everyone looks on in confusion.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
You took an absurd view, dug your heels in, and will proudly die on that hill while most everyone looks on in confusion.
You have no pulse on our fanbase if you really think I am alone in my assessment. This thread alone contradicts you.

So, unless you have a mouse in your pocket, "most everyone" is a figment of your imagination.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
"the truth - which is that Rogers was not a D1-talent QB"
"I saw Rogers play in high school and was like, "is this really a guy we are recruiting?""
"He was adequate..."

"Rogers was serviceable at best in the Air Raid..."

Never got too down on Rogers, huh? This guy led all of D1 in completion % in 1, led all of D1 in total completions in 21 and 22, led the SEC conference in touchdown passes in 22, and is 4th all time in total yards passed in the SEC despite missing multiple games due to injury.
You think someone that did all that is not D1 talent.
You think someone that did all that is only 'adequate' and 'serviceable at best'.

There is a significant disconnect on your end if you think your comments about someone who accomplished those things is only adequate and isnt even D1 talent arent getting 'too down' on him.
Like...what accomplishments does an MSU QB need to achieve for you to view them as actual D1 talent? This guy led the best conference in touchdown passes. He led all of D1 in passing % and total completions, but he isnt a D1 talent player.
Significant disconnect.

It was in the Air Raid offense, so in some people’s mind, those stats don’t really count.

MagnoliaHunter

Jan 23, 2007
Translation....

"My (the OPee) life is so ridiculously, unbelievably boring and I'm such an insufferable prick that I wake up every morning feeling an overwhelming need to **** on the really good kid who spent 4 years at my favorite school being the best QB on campus and trying (and usually succeeding) to make that school's football team better.

And the surprising thing is, I'm so GD stupid, I don't even realize what a massive prick I am, and I'll keep posting stupid **** about Will Rogers in perpetuity..."

You sir have won the internet for today.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
It was in the Air Raid offense, so in some people’s mind, those stats don’t really count.
Yeah, but if we had a run first offense and an RB that led the league in yards and TDs, would some people really be dismissive of those accomplishments and say the player is successful only because of the system?
...well yeah, some people would since people are nuts. But would those people actually have a point or would it just be the ramblings of the extreme fringe?

Thumbs Down

Sep 29, 2022
You sir have won the internet for today.
New York Yankees Thumbs Down GIF by MLB

• Haha
Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Are you saying the coaches at Washington are stupid and don't know what they are looking for? I hope we land a stupid coach that gets us to the playoffs.
I dunno… the final minute and six seconds of the Sugar Bowl were pretty head scratching. I was screaming at the TV “take the goddam knee, idiot!” Next play, they get their lead running back injured a week before the most important game of the season.

Reactions: Drebin

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
All bow down and worship the passing stat champion. Speaking ill of his abilities and the air raid is blasphemy. He is the God of passing in the SEC. Don't look at his attempts though! Don't look at scoring offense rankings or total yards. Just look at the mass passing yardage and completion. Don't look at it in context! That's blasphemy to the cult! He's the best by god QB to ever wear the maroon and white and I hope he wins heisman at another school just to show all yous foools.

• Sad

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
All bow down and worship the passing stat champion. Speaking ill of his abilities and the air raid is blasphemy. He is the God of passing in the SEC. Don't look at his attempts though! Don't look at scoring offense rankings or total yards. Just look at the mass passing yardage and completion. Don't look at it in context! That's blasphemy to the cult! He's the best by god QB to ever wear the maroon and white and I hope he wins heisman at another school just to show all yous foools.
Those things should definitely be looked at.
He led the country in completion %, so he completed a crap ton of his attempts. He led the country in attempts in both 21 and 22. He led the conference in TD passes in 21.

In summary, he passed a lot, completed a lot of those passes, and threw for a lot of TDs.
Is that not what you come up with when you summarize the stats and put it in context?

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
Again you minimize accomplishments based on him being a product of Leach's offense. Leach coached Power5 programs at the D1 level. So QBs that had individual and team success playing for Leach are clearly D1 QBs.
You just cant bring yourself to say it. You thrash and fight it for some crazy reason, even though it is right there in front of you.

Also, you think he maxed out in high school, even though he has played QB for an SEC program for 4 seasons where he completed 70% of his passes, threw 94 touchdowns, had an overall passer rating of 138? He led the NCAA in completion % in 21, led the NCAA in total completions in 21 and 22, led the SEC in touchdown passes in 22, and is 4th all time in total yards passed in SEC history despite missing multiple games this season.
But he peaked in high school? 17 that absurd take.

More excusing and justifying.
First off, a fanbase is not monolith. There are many people with many views. Take this topic for example, you think Rogers wasnt a D1 level QB and nearly everyone else thinks you are a clown. See?- many views. Similarly, some fans thought the offense under Leach sucked. Other fans thought it was fine. Crazy right?...not everyone thinks the same thing, even though you form your argument like they do.

Then your post turns to excuses. First you cite COVID and claim Costello would have been better if not for that. Then you state a total hypothetical as reality and claim Locke would have given Rogers a run for his money if not for Costello not having better coaching due to COVID.
What this actually shows is that as a true freshman, Rogers took over mid-season from a grad transfer from Stanford and held the position the next season when competing with a guy that only saw the field at Wisconsin this season because the starting QB was injured and went right back to the bench once the other QB was healed.
Thats who you are propping up in this argument- a grad transfer that really wasnt good and Rogers was better than as a true freshman(based on QB rating that season), and a freshman that didnt see the field at MSU and was ineffective when he saw the field at Wisconsin.

Minimizing and excusing. Wash rinse repeat. Only this time you also claimed Rogers peaked in high school. Good lord.
Can't believe I am in total agreement with a post from mstateglfr! Is hell freezing over? ;)

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
Funny thing is, I'm not one of the RuN dA BaWl mouth breathers. I liked the Air Raid, and I never got too down on Rogers.

But I also have the ability to call a spade a spade. Rogers was a serviceable QB at best, even in the Air Raid. Bottom line.
Oh, don't sell yourself short. You're also able to call a Heart, Club & Diamond a Spade. So, I guess that means you're probably correct 25% of the time.

chuckster.sixpack

Mar 26, 2015
You liked when Malik Heath went to ole miss? You like Decam Richardson going to ole miss? You want them to succeed?
Yes, I want them to succeed. Because - aGAIN - I like to see people succeed. Especially young people who probably had to swim upstream somewhere along the way.

But you be you.

was21

May 29, 2007
One thing is certain: Will Rogers is not reading any of these posts. He's gone on ahead and left the 'sip behind him. Good for him.

Reactions: chuckster.sixpack

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I have refrained from commenting again on this thread, but...

Why do those non 32 who didn't liked my admittedly assholish post think they are right??

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
The best part of this ridiculous argument is we can all wait until next year and see what he can do. Very simple solution. Sometimes it's better to stay quiet and let people think you are an idiot instead of opening your mouth and proving it. Is Will comparable to Penix ? Hell no. Not even close. Was he a good QB here ? Yes. Obviously no one could push him out of the starting job plus there are a lot of stats that say he was. D1 stats. I don't know what he will do there but I am very interested to see.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
How many years did you play college ball ? Or were you too much of a pu$$y to play ?
How much do you bench? What kind of car do you drive? What did you make on the English section of the ACT?

Your post was very genespagey.

Reactions: Indndawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login