I’ll ask this again

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
the portal is full of hundreds of players. There will be quality players every year that will impact programs. Our best player last year was as from the portal and Ledbetter is arguably the best offensive guy on the team this year.

there may be only a few studs per say but plenty of impact type guys where middle of the pack sec programs can make a jump pretty quick. Or above average can bounce up a level, etc
I don't think you understand the general point.

Colton Ledbetter didn't cost us anything in NIL.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I read the article didn’t see coach mentioned. I googled O’Sullivan and Paul Reinhart and saw that one of the kids was a bat boy for the baseball team at times… what am I missing here?
Allegedly O'sullivan was having an affair with Reinhart's wife.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
I don't think you understand the general point.

Colton Ledbetter didn't cost us anything in NIL.

but as the nil gets more and more prominent. Players like him will.

and we missed better players bc we didn’t have an nil.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
but as the nil gets more and more prominent. Players like him will.

and we missed better players bc we didn’t have an nil.
I think NIL will get less as we go along. It spiked because it’s new. When we hit a recession, that **** is out the window. Then it’ll start trending up again as the wealth of the country goes up, but by then nobody will care, it’ll just be bizness as usual.

Good for the current 18-22 year old nimrods, I guess. I ain’t giving them my money though. They can eat ****.

Walkthedawg

Oct 3, 2022
I saw the poll that here that over 55% of us think Lemonis should be gone at the conclusion of the season.

Who are legitimate replacements?
Butch Thompson is obviously one. I’ll throw in one more. Godwin at ECU.

Anyone else?
I do know can leave Dan McDonnell’s recommendations in the trash this next go around.

Reactions: patdog

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Hard to say. Might lessen but for the next few years at minimum it’s here to stay unless congress steps in.

and now colleges are figuring out ways to use it their benefit. I mean even the basketball teams are having golf tournaments for nil money. I realize that’s small but it’s just the tip of the iceberg.

lsu bought a good bit of their team. Others will follow suit. And that’ll trump a lot in 18-22 year old kids eyes

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
Not only that, the portal is going to be a bidding war. You saw that with the LSU ace. The portal will be simply free agency.

LSU, Ark, Tenn, even Ole Miss have great enviorments and great or improved dramatically facilities. Throw florida into that mix as well, texas am. Its a lot closer than people realize.
NIL + Transfer Portal is the epitome of free agency and pretty much in every college sport that boosters give a rip about. Even a blind person can see that.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
From what I can tell, these rumors seemed to have come from only message boards. The one that got linked yesterday about O’Sullivan having an affair with the guys wife who killed himself… the only mention I ever saw of that was in a thread on tiger droppings and the thread was about how O’Sullivan had accepted the LSU head coaching job. So, not sure how much I believe any of that.

curseddawgs

Jun 16, 2021
From what I can tell, these rumors seemed to have come from only message boards. The one that got linked yesterday about O’Sullivan having an affair with the guys wife who killed himself… the only mention I ever saw of that was in a thread on tiger droppings and the thread was about how O’Sullivan had accepted the LSU head coaching job. So, not sure how much I believe any of that.
Yeah I know he's a jackass but I know a family that lived in Gainesville when the double murder suicide happened and the only connection to O'Sullivan is that they lived in the same neighborhood

BB30

Feb 10, 2023
I agree with a lot of this however I'll say what most (even those mentioned) travel ball programs think or led people to believe they know is a lot less than they actually do.

I do think NIL money is going to effect the market in baseball, and i do think kids/players dont see or value the history etc of the baseball program like this board thinks they do. Everyone has great facitlities, its not as easy as we play infront huge stadiums like some people think. And starkville isn't the greatest college town in the SEC either.
So players that are actively getting recruited that happen to play with these organizations know less about the recruiting process that they are currently going through than random people on a message board? Or are you referring to the guys running the organizations? Most organizations have current college players helping in the summers or 5th year grad guys getting internship work in. Think most of them have a pretty good pulse with what's going on in the recruiting world. Now, are some of the guys running some of these organizations full of **** absolutely. Doesn't mean they don't visually see how recruiting in baseball is and has been changing.

I'm not saying coaching isn't a problem, I'm saying it's not our biggest problem and won't be our biggest problem down the road. NIL will be unless we start to figure it out a little better.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Im saying the people that are actually running the organization arent keen to all the information they claim to be. Not trying to split hairs, as I said I do agree with a lot of what you posted in the main point. However I think most college programs now are keeping summer coaches, programs, even the big ones, at arms length.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login