I have not seen our stadium this empty……..

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
If only people would go to the games instead of sitting at home on the inter web Bitching about people not going to the games. Not directed to the OP, I realize you are actually there. You are more than justified to complain.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
If only people would go to the games instead of sitting at home on the inter web Bitching about people not going to the games.
Perhaps if I we’re in the habit of attending games of 1-win teams in the middle of the season, I might feel guilty.

I doubt I’d walk across the street with free admittance to watch teams of this talent level.

Sorry…..but not sorry.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
TV networks wouldn’t expose a damn thing if this were actually done
So long as none of them have a MAGA hat
Kamala Harris GIF by Election 2020

Reactions: BigDawg0074

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
Actual attendance 25,000 or so. Maybe near 30K.
That's crap. I was there and at the start of the game the attendance looked about 50K and the official attendance was also about 50K. The upper levels were the only levels that were heavily vacate. But I must admit that this is one of our poorest gameday experiences. There was very little excitement among the fans. The endless timeouts for TV commercials and other promotional stuff just destroyed any continuity in the game. State had some spark on both sides of the ball but was never enough to get over dumb mistakes and poor play. The OL is the pits. One time in the early 2nd qtr, Van Buren was crushed in the pocket by 4 or 5 A&M defenders while most his linemen stood about 4 yards away just looking at each other. Not good. Another time, State's pulling guard came down the line and ran right into an Aggie DL guy. The DL pancaked our OL and continued to make the play in the backfield. Plays like these are the norm not the exception. This is Croom or bad Kang level stuff. Well, we can continue to harp on our Sunday guys to have a little pride.

Reactions: Dawg84

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Which logo*
and which shade of maron, we have to agree on that? No wait, we allow any shade of maron on all shirts as long as they pay us a royalty so never mind
That's crap. I was there and at the start of the game the attendance looked about 50K and the official attendance was also about 50K. The upper levels were the only levels that were heavily vacate. But I must admit that this is one of our poorest gameday experiences. There was very little excitement among the fans. The endless timeouts for TV commercials and other promotional stuff just destroyed any continuity in the game. State had some spark on both sides of the ball but was never enough to get over dumb mistakes and poor play. The OL is the pits. One time in the early 2nd qtr, Van Buren was crushed in the pocket by 4 or 5 A&M defenders while most his linemen stood about 4 yards away just looking at each other. Not good. Another time, State's pulling guard came down the line and ran right into an Aggie DL guy. The DL pancaked our OL and continued to make the play in the backfield. Plays like these are the norm not the exception. This is Croom or bad Kang level stuff. Well, we can continue to harp on our Sunday guys to have a little pride.
Talked to a marketing acquaintance after the game and she said actual scanned ticket number was just over 30,000

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Perhaps if I we’re in the habit of attending games of 1-win teams in the middle of the season, I might feel guilty.

I doubt I’d walk across the street with free admittance to watch teams of this talent level.

Sorry…..but not sorry.
I was offered two free club level tickets and a parking pass for this game and I’m sitting on my porch so I can’t say ****!

Reactions: BigDawg0074

Dawg84

Jul 28, 2015
I really don’t understand our fan base lack of support. Auburn and Florida are both sucking as bad as we are ( us with a first year coach), yet they fill their respective stadiums. Florida actually had its 10th sellout in a row. We’re playing a tight game with the #14 team in the country, and students and other fans left after halftime. On a gorgeous afternoon game, at that. I’m in section 19 standing with a handful of other fans yelling and ringing on third down, while the rest of section 19 sits on their ***es! WTH!

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I really don’t understand our fan base lack of support. Auburn and Florida are both sucking as bad as we are ( us with a first year coach), yet they fill their respective stadiums. Florida actually had its 10th sellout in a row. We’re playing a tight game with the #14 team in the country, and students and other fans left after halftime. On a gorgeous afternoon game, at that. I’m in section 19 standing with a handful of other fans yelling and ringing on third down, while the rest of section 19 sits on their ***es! WTH!
We have the worst fans. They tear the program down, but don't go the games, don't donate, don't give the collective. Likely the most negative, don't go to games and don't give.

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
and which shade of maron, we have to agree on that? No wait, we allow any shade of maron on all shirts as long as they pay us a royalty so never mind

Talked to a marketing acquaintance after the game and she said actual scanned ticket number was just over 30,000
The couple ahead of us were trying to use their phone app as a ticket but could not get the scanner to work. The attendant waved them through without scanning and told them they were having a lot of issues with the gate scanners today. Maybe that explains the difference between the butts in the seats and the scanned attendance.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022

1974 attendance levels
You’d think in 50 years we might actually gain a handful of fans

Reactions: Dawg84

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
Wait until next weekend. Yikes.
I kind of thought the UMASS game would be the game where attendance was really big. The ONLY chance to see a win for the rest of the season is motivating me to be there and I am in the middle of some pretty serious health issues.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login