I just found out I grew up in a million dollar house.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Honestly, that price is about what I'd guess for a nice, recently renovated single family home in what looks like a great area that's also 35 mins to Penn Station. Plus, ya know, it's had famous residents. You were right no top of Belmont Park, that must have been pretty cool.

Also, that grey LVP flooring you see everywhere nowadays is going to be my generations shag carpeting. Kids gonna clown us in 25 years and we're going to deserve it.

Reactions: Susanp62

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
A neighbor had an offer within 12 hours of the house being listed. Sold it the next day to a person that offered all cash and $5k above the asking price. Just a few years ago it might take 6 months to sell one on my street. Oh yes....this is in crap Meridian. ;)

mdndog1966

Oct 6, 2014
A neighbor had an offer within 12 hours of the house being listed. Sold it the next day to a person that offered all cash and $5k above the asking price. Just a few years ago it might take 6 months to sell one on my street. Oh yes....this is in crap Meridian. ;)
Ur house value went up when people found out a famous person use to live one street over

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
That back yard being almost entirely concrete makes me sad.
It is a small backyard. Sewanhaka High School was my backyard growing up. We hopped the fence and we had ball fields, basketball courts and tennis courts.

They probably don't let kids play there anymore.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
I think you would have to pay someone $1 million to buy my childhood home. 5 kids and 7 people total. It was temporary house when my parents moved back to Vicksburg in 1972. They moved out in 2001. My dad added on to the house when I was born - den and master bedroom which increased the square footage from 1200 to just under 1700. My mom was really upset when they destroyed her flower beds after we moved out. Our backyard was awesome though. Just a good, flat backyard that allowed soccer, basketball, football, homerun derby.

1682087088067.png

Last edited:

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Honestly, that price is about what I'd guess for a nice, recently renovated single family home in what looks like a great area that's also 35 mins to Penn Station. Plus, ya know, it's had famous residents. You were right no top of Belmont Park, that must have been pretty cool.

Also, that grey LVP flooring you see everywhere nowadays is going to be my generations shag carpeting. Kids gonna clown us in 25 years and we're going to deserve it.
I think you're right on this. I actually like that look a lot, but I don't think it's going to have staying power. Thought about putting some tile with that look in a rental just to do away with most maintenance concerns, but decided that it would just look like **** way before the maintenance savings covered the extra upfront cost.

I guess the "good thing" is that I'm not sure how durable all this LVP is going to be.

Reactions: dorndawg

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
I think you would have to pay someone $1 million to buy my childhood home. 5 kids and 7 people total. It was temporary house when my parents moved back to Vicksburg in 1972. They moved out in 2001. My mom was really upset when they destroyed her flower beds.

View attachment 330375
I have not seen one of those wrought iron/steel carport posts in quite some time. Bringing back some memories... You know how we get mad at our wives for scraping tires/rims on the curbs? Imagine being my Dad in 1995...

We had that same carport on my house in Mississippi and my mom clipped it with her car and the damn roof collapsed. That event took 10 years off his life.

peewee.sixpack

Nov 4, 2014
I think you would have to pay someone $1 million to buy my childhood home. 5 kids and 7 people total. It was temporary house when my parents moved back to Vicksburg in 1972. They moved out in 2001. My dad added on to the house when I was born - den and master bedroom which increased the square footage from 1200 to just under 1700. My mom was really upset when they destroyed her flower beds after we moved out. Our backyard was awesome though. Just a good, flat backyard that allowed soccer, basketball, football, homerun derby.

View attachment 330375
You were big time, you lived in a neighborhood in Warren County. I lived near the end of a dead end road (Riley Rd). I was able to roam the woods between Vicksburg and Bovina and shoot anything that moves so that was a plus. haha

Reactions: dawgstudent

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
A friend sent me a link to a listing of my Childhood home . They are asking 1.2 million and it's not because it was my childhood home.

💩 Has gotten silly.
Well I just found out I grew up in a 20K home. It was a great neighborhood to be raised in on the main residential drag surrounded by nice older homes and nice people some of whom were fairly prominent. Now it looks like one of the lost neighborhoods of south Jackson. Never was an expensive home but it was worth several times what it is today.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
You take most homes in the City of Madison and stick them in California they all will be million or more. Most homes in Brandon, Reservoir and Flowood as well. Just saying.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login