I love him, but….

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I'll say it, yesterday was on Dak. 2 better throws one to TY instead of CeeDee and the other leading Gallup better and Cowboys pull it out. If he throws away the first pick and doesn't force the red zone pick it's quite possibly a two score Cowboys victory. 4 bad decisions in the biggest moments of his career. He had a bad game at the worst time. He's a fantastic dude, great teammate and good NFL QB. He's not elite and he's not capable of putting any NFL team on his back and carrying them to the SB.

First off, it was his 3rd divisional playoff game, why was it any bigger than the other two?

Dak made mistakes but was also in a difficult spot. The deep throw to Gallup should have been caught anyway. His hands were right there by the ball. But you could argue the underthrow on the deep ball to Lamb should have been picked if the defender turned around, so maybe its a wash.

I agree on Dak not being good enough to put a team on his back and carry them to a SB. Josh Allen apparently isn’t, either. Maybe even Mahomes isn’t, we’ll see how he does on Sunday if he can gut through the injury. The only QB’s in the past 30 years that you could say were that good are Brady and maybe Rodgers….two of the best 3 or 4 to ever play the game. TBD on Mahomes and others.

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
First off, it was his 3rd divisional playoff game, why was it any bigger than the other two?

Dak made mistakes but was also in a difficult spot. The deep throw to Gallup should have been caught anyway. His hands were right there by the ball. But you could argue the underthrow on the deep ball to Lamb should have been picked if the defender turned around, so maybe its a wash.

I agree on Dak not being good enough to put a team on his back and carry them to a SB. Josh Allen apparently isn’t, either. Maybe even Mahomes isn’t, we’ll see how he does on Sunday if he can gut through the injury. The only QB’s in the past 30 years that you could say were that good are Brady and maybe Rodgers….two of the best 3 or 4 to ever play the game. TBD on Mahomes and others.

Why? Because he's a veteran now. Oldest QB left in the NFC Divisional round and arguably the best. The NFC was wide open this year. Niners were beatable and the game was very winnable. You've already split with the Eagles AND you already beat the Bengals which have a great chance to be in the Super Bowl so it was kind of a big game.

I'll agree with most everything else you said. In fact, I saw some stat on Josh Allen where Dak had better stats since his return in almost all categories except picks and only had 3 more than Allen. Allen is extremely overrated and extremely inaccurate. If he loses his elite scrambling ability he probably won't be long for the league.

Jul 5, 2020
It has really killed me to watch Dak go to waste on the Cowboys over the last several years. Jerry Jones as the owner/GM handicaps that franchise and its ceiling. As the best QB to ever come from State, I want him to get traded to a team with solid organizational leadership and see him flourish in his late career. Maybe once the Broncos get settled with the new ownership group, they'll be looking to move on from the DangeRuss era and can use a veteran with something to prove. One can dream.

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
Why? Because he's a veteran now. Oldest QB left in the NFC Divisional round and arguably the best. The NFC was wide open this year. Niners were beatable and the game was very winnable. You've already split with the Eagles AND you already beat the Bengals which have a great chance to be in the Super Bowl so it was kind of a big game.

I'll agree with most everything else you said. In fact, I saw some stat on Josh Allen where Dak had better stats since his return in almost all categories except picks and only had 3 more than Allen. Allen is extremely overrated and extremely inaccurate. If he loses his elite scrambling ability he probably won't be long for the league.
I disagree that the NFC is wide open this year. The Eagles are the class of the NFC when Hurts is healthy and they just beat the crap out of the Giants last weekend. Don't see how there is any question about that. I will be very surprised if the 49ers pull off a win in Philly this weekend though in the playoffs anything is possible in any one game.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
I disagree that the NFC is wide open this year. The Eagles are the class of the NFC when Hurts is healthy and they just beat the crap out of the Giants last weekend. Don't see how there is any question about that. I will be very surprised if the 49ers pull off a win in Philly this weekend though in the playoffs anything is possible in any one game.
That SF defense will give Philly a hard time because Philly likes to run the ball. But Philly has a good defense too. That game is going to be a war.

Reactions: HRMSU

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022

That Eagles team beat Dallas in Philly by 9 with Hurts against Cooper freakin Rush. Dak owns Philly it's a Division rival and anything could have happened. So yea, imo it was wide open.

Dak vs Philly
8-3 career
7-1 last eight

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login