I love this illustration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
The suggestion is not a physiological difference, it is a difference in circumstances caused by bias.

For your illustration to address what I think you are trying to address, the picture on the left should have 3 people the same height and with the same ladders, but the ground sloping downward from left to right so that the 3rd person cannot reach the tree.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
View attachment 360619

View attachment 360620

Figure on the left shows tools that are equal to achieving a piece of fruit from the tree.

Figure on the right shows tools that are unequal (a crutch) so that a person with different physiological traits can achieve the same goal.

Are we suggesting that some people aren’t the same physiologically? 🤔 🧐 🤨
The one on the left should have all three be the same height, but the person on the far right should have all the ladders and still not be able to reach.

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
View attachment 360619

View attachment 360620

Figure on the left shows tools that are equal to achieving a piece of fruit from the tree.

Figure on the right shows tools that are unequal (a crutch) so that a person with different physiological traits can achieve the same goal.

Im Out GIF

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
View attachment 360619

View attachment 360620

The girl on the right is standing on one foot. After she falls off of the ladder she will sue the ladder manufacturer and then organize demonstrations about discrimination against short people. She will also have to go on food stamps since she can’t possibly look for a job now.

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
I went back and looked at the illustration again and recognized those people. They are the illegals that crossed the border recently, ignored my no trespassing signs, and were stealing my apples when I caught them. I didn’t know what I would be walking into so I took my shotgun with me for protection and held them there until the Sheriff arrived. Charges were filed against me of course and I am posting this from the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center. When my Wife visited me here last Sunday she said that after I was arrested they came back, stole the rest of my apples, and cleaned out my tool shed. Hopefully I will be released before football season starts.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
You are starting the second half of '23 off with a really weak attempt.

But sure, I'll answer- since I posted that pic, I am not suggesting some people aren't the same physiologically, I am flat out saying some people aren't the same physiologically.
I am 6'5. My sister in law is 5' with shoes on.
Yup, differences exist.

And now it's your turn to take my comment and interpret it in yet another insane way.
Have fun.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
View attachment 360619

View attachment 360620

Let daddy pick some fruit, share it with momma and daughter. Let momma take care of daddy, maybe another daughter could be on the way, and let those kids hit the books and also enjoy life, teach them to choose good men who will love them, provide for them. work with them and help them raise the kids they have together.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Part of this is a continuation of the locked thread from yesterday (bring on football season). I'm glad AA is gone. Harvard decided to make it about diversity and discriminated against Asian Americans to create the a type of diversity it wanted but really couldn't define before the Supreme Court. Good riddance to racial discrimination (affirmative action). But, as it was pointed out by glf and maybe some others, is diversity something we should value, maybe, we certainly should denounce genuine bigotry and racism, and how do we increase educational opportunities for Black Americans, a group that really got screwed over in America (see, for instance, American history). That is, the Equity Folx need to come up with something most Americans might go along with that's not just blatant racial discrimination and doesn't stigmatize white people, the majority of whom want Americans to succeed, enjoy life and get along. For instance, those tutoring programs on college campuses for athletes is something I think is great. It probably benefits one ethnic group more than others but I'm fine with that. Expand that in the K-12 system. The group that studies the most, Asian Americans, oddly enough has the best grades and test scores of all Americans. We also have to stress the importance of family. Kids raised by biological parents, especially boys, have better life outcomes than those raised in single homes. But, let's not stigmatize single parents, many of whom are doing what they can in a difficult situation.

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
The Reality Show:
- It's the white guys fault that the other two are struggling and should surrender his apple and be banned for life from the tree.
- The ladders are made in China, sold at Walmart and are structurally unstable and will cause future injury (of course, it's the white guys fault).
- The woman should take advantage of her "natural assets" and make the guy give her his apple. Easy peasy.
- The little girl really wants to be a "he" and should be allowed to climb the tree for his apple.

Case solved.

Last edited:

uptowndawg

Jul 15, 2010
View attachment 360619

View attachment 360620

Or, we can pretend we live in the real world where 10 out of 10 times the averaged height dad with an appropriately sized ladder picks 3 apples for him and his family.

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
Look, we are just trying to help Pain Don’t hurt enjoy his day. He wouldn’t have started this thread if he didn’t want to stir up some sxxx. He is probably as happy as a gopher in soft dirt right now. Everyone have a great and safe Holiday as we celebrate our Nations Independence. In many countries we couldn’t screw with each other like this. Let freedom ring.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Twenty five years ago the girl on the right would have worked a little overtime or got a second job so she could buy a taller ladder.

Reactions: Pilgrimdawg

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Or, we can pretend we live in the real world where 10 out of 10 times the averaged height dad with an appropriately sized ladder picks 3 apples for him and his family.

And the little lady would get in the kitchen, where she belongs, and bake up a nice apple pie, with her daughter at her hip, learning her place.

I miss Mutt...

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
The suggestion is not a physiological difference, it is a difference in circumstances caused by bias.

For your illustration to address what I think you are trying to address, the picture on the left should have 3 people the same height and with the same ladders, but the ground sloping downward from left to right so that the 3rd person cannot reach the tree.
The picture illustrates different physiological traits. Fact. That trait is height. 3 different heights.

It was used to compare to something. Maybe it was a bad illustration.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
You are starting the second half of '23 off with a really weak attempt.

But sure, I'll answer- since I posted that pic, I am not suggesting some people aren't the same physiologically, I am flat out saying some people aren't the same physiologically.
I am 6'5. My sister in law is 5' with shoes on.
Yup, differences exist.

And now it's your turn to take my comment and interpret it in yet another insane way.
Have fun.
Looks like I interpreted it correctly.

If we are all different physiologically (your words and mine), doesn’t that mean some of us are going to have less than others bc of lack of ability?

And if that answer is yes, then we agree.

If that answer is no, are you donating every dollar of your income above the median value to the poor or charity? If not you are a hypocrite.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Look, we are just trying to help Pain Don’t hurt enjoy his day. He wouldn’t have started this thread if he didn’t want to stir up some sxxx. He is probably as happy as a gopher in soft dirt right now. Everyone have a great and safe Holiday as we celebrate our Nations Independence. In many countries we couldn’t screw with each other like this. Let freedom ring.
I’m actually exercising the 17 out of my white privilege by doing a side hustle today. SPRAYING IN CELLULOSE INSULATION IN AN ATTIC. I’m paying my Hispanic help $30/hr cash to load the machine while my white @$$ is in the attic.

My real job is as a project engineer where I make a top 10% income.

Is that equity? Equality? Hustle?

OR JUST THE GD AMERICAN 🇺🇸 DREAM!!

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Now there’s no more oak oppression, because they passed a noble law. Now the trees are all kept equal by hatchet, ax and saw.

Free People enriching themselves by interacting with others independent of government assistance or instruction threatens the global elite's goal of total control of their subject's lives. They don't want the masses informed and thinking independently as they prefer a much more collective mindset that all should share.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Looks like I interpreted it correctly.

If we are all different physiologically (your words and mine), doesn’t that mean some of us are going to have less than others bc of lack of ability?

And if that answer is yes, then we agree.

If that answer is no, are you donating every dollar of your income above the median value to the poor or charity? If not you are a hypocrite.
Um...what? I envisioned a few different ways you might go with your comically bad take, but this is off the 17ing rails.
Like...what now? What in the hell are you talking about?

It's a simple drawing to illustrate a basic difference between equality vs equity.
The short person having a taller ladder does not negatively impact the taller person.
That's all it illustrates.

It's a long weekend for many, hopefully you have Monday off and can sleep during the 4 days off. Being outraged at everything is exhausting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login