I love this illustration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
We have made progress. Nothing as substantial as a country’s entire historical culture turns in less than a generation nor do the ripple effects of those hundreds of years of abuse. We can also see today the death throws, I hope, of racist jealously of having to share power with people different than who has always been in power. I just watched a Trump rally video interview of a lady attending by one of the far right OANish “news outlets” where she said basically to get rid of certain people who were different and to put the “deep state” people “on a train”. Then she covered her mouth being cute like she just said something mildly off color that she shouldn’t have…
I can quote much worse from individual libs.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I can quote much worse from individual libs.
You know we don’t have to buy into identity politics and can just recognize awful when we see it? It’s not like we live In Alabama and have to pick either Auburn or the crimson tired…

I will also yell into the wind that every single facist regime came out of a radical nationalist right wing crazy place. Hitler, Mussolini ….

Last edited:

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
You know we don’t have to buy into identity politics and can just recognize awful when we see it? It’s not like we live In Alabama and have to pick either Auburn or the crimson tired…

I will also yell into the wind that every single racist regime came out of a radical nationalist right wing crazy place. Hitler, Mussolini ….
Those are two. Name some others. Racism, btw, doesn't just reside on the right (see China, Japan etc). Lots of ethnic conflict around the world and in Africa. BTW, what did every communist regime come out of? More people died in communist regimes than died in WWI and WWII combined.

Last edited:

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Some work harder than others to get them. Some get more creative. Some learn to climb the tree.
let me be clear. Some have an “unfair” advantage when the “start” is called to chase that fruit.

But life ain’t fair. Never has been. Never will be.

I was the first person in my immediate family to graduate college. None of my grandparents graduated. Some of my aunts and uncles did.

I paid for most of my college through work and student loans.

Had/have some really good friends who were born with silver spoons. Good people. Help others.

LIFE ISNT FAIR. It’s hard. It’s harder if you are a weak @$$ pu$$y

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

HuskyBDawg

Nov 26, 2017
Okay, comrades, I'm sold on this concept of "equity." Who is responsible for providing equity? Let's say one of my friends wants to be tall, smart, and handsome? Oh, and also wealthy? Who would he contact?

Reactions: paindonthurt

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Okay, comrades, I'm sold on this concept of "equity." Who is responsible for providing equity? Let's say one of my friends wants to be tall, smart, and handsome? Oh, and also wealthy? Who would he contact?
In the context of education tion, which is why I posted that illustration, only one of those 4 desires could be addressed.
And that's actually one of the ways to help improve education- provide equitable solutions to help more accurately address specific areas.

An example-
My school district purchased over 5000 Hotspots in the spring of '20 to help provide connectivity to students at home. In the subsequent 3 years, these Hotspots were funded by a government connectivity program, so they stayed active even though they were largely unused.
This is wasteful, obviously. And it needs to be made clear that this was happening across the country in districts large and small.
Anyways, the district is now paying for Hotspots out of pocket so the number has been greatly reduced.
If you have 500 Hotspots, how do you allocate them to 5 high schools and 10 middle schools?
- pass them out so each HS gets 50 and each MS gets 25?
- pass them out so each school gets 1 for every 40 students?
- identify groups that lack connectivity at home and allocate Hotspots to those who will utilize them the most?

The top two options make no sense but are 'equal'.
The bottom option will ensure higher utilization and is 'equitable'.

This program does not bring wealthier kids down. It does not lower standards.
All it does is provides critical connectivity to students that need it, to help improve their educational experience.

There are countless examples like this.

Last edited:
Reactions: FQDawg

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
In the context of education tion, which is why I posted that illustration, only one of those 4 desires could be addressed.
And that's actually one of the ways to help improve education- provide equitable solutions to help more accurately address specific areas.
Which desire? Smart or wealthy?
An example-
My school district purchased over 5000 Hotspots in the spring of '20 to help provide connectivity to students at home. In the subsequent 3 years, these Hotspots were funded by a government connectivity program, so they stayed active even though they were largely unused.
This is wasteful, obviously. And it needs to be made clear that this was happening across the country in districts large and small.
Anyways, the district is now paying for Hotspots out of pocket so the number has been greatly reduced.
If you have 500 Hotspots, how do you allocate them to 5 high schools and 10 middle schools?
- pass them out so each HS gets 50 and each MS gets 25?
- pass them out so each school gets 1 for every 40 students?
- identify groups that lack connectivity at home and allocate Hotspots to those who will utilize them the most?

The top two options make no sense but are 'equal'.
Why do they make no sense?
The bottom option will ensure higher utilization and is 'equitable'.
Ok but there is a 3rd option. Probably a 4th and 5th and 6th and …..
One option is don’t have the government purchase hotspots.
But if your district wants to do that then great. Spend YOUR money how you see fit, but don’t spend MY money how you see fit.
This program does not bring wealthier kids down. It does not lower standards.
All it does is provides critical connectivity to students that need it, to help improve their educational experience.
The program spends my tax dollars where it doesn’t benefit me or my community. If it’s local tax dollars? Ok. Y’all decide.

There are countless examples like this.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Which desire? Smart or wealthy?

Why do they make no sense?

Ok but there is a 3rd option. Probably a 4th and 5th and 6th and …..
One option is don’t have the government purchase hotspots.
But if your district wants to do that then great. Spend YOUR money how you see fit, but don’t spend MY money how you see fit.

The program spends my tax dollars where it doesn’t benefit me or my community. If it’s local tax dollars? Ok. Y’all decide.
Oh my gosh, this is just flooded with ignorance and nonsense.

- you know which of the 4 an education can address, there is no reason to play dumb.

- the top 2 make no sense because they would result in lower utilization. Higher utilization is obviously the goal.

- you are correct, there is a 3rd option. I listed the 3rd option. Keep up.

- your comment about the government not buying Hotspots is bang on, during normal times. ECF was created during an emergency, and E stands for just that. The funding has since been cancelled after 3 rounds due to circumstances changing and there no longer being an emergency.
It didn't need to be Hotspots though, a ton of different services and products which help connect students and teachers at home qualified for the funding and districts across the country participated because there is a need for funding.
If you are outraged over ECF, don't look into E-rate funding.

- Your money wasn't spent on Hotspots. The district specifically requested funding that excludes PDH tax dollars.
Clown.
Seriously though, it's tax dollars- they don't go only to what individuals want or don't want. Seriously, do you think that is how public funding works? It doesn't work that way, nor should it work that way. That would be an absurd way for taxes to be used.

It appears you don't understand how taxes work at the city level, county level, stare level, or federal level.
That is unfortunate.

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
Oh my gosh, this is just flooded with ignorance and nonsense.

- you know which of the 4 an education can address, there is no reason to play dumb.

- the top 2 make no sense because they would result in lower utilization. Higher utilization is obviously the goal.

- you are correct, there is a 3rd option. I listed the 3rd option. Keep up.

- your comment about the government not buying Hotspots is bang on, during normal times. ECF was created during an emergency, and E stands for just that. The funding has since been cancelled after 3 rounds due to circumstances changing and there no longer being an emergency.
It didn't need to be Hotspots though, a ton of different services and products which help connect students and teachers at home qualified for the funding and districts across the country participated because there is a need for funding.
If you are outraged over ECF, don't look into E-rate funding.

- Your money wasn't spent on Hotspots. The district specifically requested funding that excludes PDH tax dollars.
Clown.
Seriously though, it's tax dollars- they don't go only to what individuals want or don't want. Seriously, do you think that is how public funding works? It doesn't work that way, nor should it work that way. That would be an absurd way for taxes to be used.

It appears you don't understand how taxes work at the city level, county level, stare level, or federal level.
That is unfortunate.
The irony of this post is you literally called out another poster in this thread about constantly being outraged, yet here you are being outraged.

Just a classic example of today’s left.

Reactions: paindonthurt

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Those are two. Name some others. Racism, btw, doesn't just reside on the right (see China, Japan etc). Lots of ethnic conflict around the world and in Africa. BTW, what did every communist regime come out of? More people died in communist regimes than died in WWI and WWII combined.
My post was not clear. facist is what it should have said. I did not mention communism because I don’t see any of our elected leaders clamoring for it or leading a large constituency in that way. You are welcome to go see how those movements started and you won’t see the slightest resemblance to anything happening here right now.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Eric Rudolph Timothy McVeigh

KentuckyDawg13

Aug 15, 2006
View attachment 360619

View attachment 360620

Figure on the left shows tools that are equal to achieving a piece of fruit from the tree.

Figure on the right shows tools that are unequal (a crutch) so that a person with different physiological traits can achieve the same goal.

Are we suggesting that some people aren’t the same physiologically? 🤔 🧐 🤨
Maybe you should marry the picture, nice "Christian" wedding and all.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
The irony of this post is you literally called out another poster in this thread about constantly being outraged, yet here you are being outraged.

Am I outraged? I certainly dont feel outraged and that kinda determines if I am outraged, right? Responding to ignorance or incorrect information doesnt mean the responder is outraged.

I said PDH is outraged because he took a simple picture that is clear in the single thing it is attempting to illustrate, and disliked it so much he felt motivated to turn it into commentary on what all is wrong with society. That motivation, in my eyes, is indicative of being outraged.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009

I’m mean super outraged. He’s so outraged that he doesn’t even see that I partially agree with him.

He’s calling me a clown about the education and which of the 4 it gives you. It doesn’t make you smart. It might help you learn things but it doesn’t change your ability. It doesn’t make you wealthy but you could learn something that might help you get wealthy. Still don’t know which one he meant.

he’s so outraged that he doesn’t see that we basically agree if it’s local dollars being spent do wtf you want with them locally but don’t use federal dollars.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
My post was not clear. facist is what it should have said. I did not mention communism because I don’t see any of our elected leaders clamoring for it or leading a large constituency in that way. You are welcome to go see how those movements started and you won’t see the slightest resemblance to anything happening here right now.
Please define fascist or give examples of what a fascist leader does.

Id love to list the things current and recent leaders have done that are fascist.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Am I outraged? I certainly dont feel outraged and that kinda determines if I am outraged, right? Responding to ignorance or incorrect information doesnt mean the responder is outraged.

I said PDH is outraged because he took a simple picture that is clear in the single thing it is attempting to illustrate, and disliked it so much he felt motivated to turn it into commentary on what all is wrong with society. That motivation, in my eyes, is indicative of being outraged.
You called me ignorant and a clown and went off on a tirade that didn’t make a lot of sense.

cupcake.

I think this thread has proven that illustration isn’t “clear”. It can’t be interpreted many ways.

I thought the left was about open mindedness and thinking outside the box and about how you feel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login