I saw one of these in my little backwater town ...............

Status
Not open for further replies.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
Alright. I didn’t want to do this, but let me settle all of these arguments right now:

As many of you have noted, that use the internet, it has been announced that Disney has acquired the rights to the Star Wars franchise and in the summer of 2015 we will see the release of Star Wars Episode 7. Herewith is my proposal for the plot of that movie.

Begin with standard title sequence and John Williams fanfare followed by a scroll to be written. I would like to mention that Brian de Palma wrote the original opening scroll for Star Wars Episode 4: A New Hope. I think it would be a nice nod, uh, to the franchise if were to write this opening scroll. Then pan down from the twin suns of Tattoine, uh, we are now close on the mouth of the Sarlacc pit. After a beat, the gloved, Mandalorian armor gauntlet of Boba Fett grabs onto the sand outside the Sarlacc pit and the feared bounty hunter pulls himself from the maw of the sand beast.

And we, and we realize that he survived his fall during the battle at Jabba’s, uh, palace ship. Then do a hard cut to a repurposed Imperial Destroyer which has now been taken over by the rebels. Commander Luke Skywalker, now a full Jedi knight, training new padawans is using, ironically, uh, his father Anakin’s red lightsaber which will be a symbolic visual for his battle with how to both bring the new Jedi order while still acknowledging his father’s fall from grace.

As he is training the padawans, we pan outside of the control window to a nearby asteroid where we see, and please allow me to finish this because this is going to seem like a bit of a jump, we see Thanos who was the villain tease at the end of the first Avengers movie. Now Thanos, as you know owns the Infinity Gauntlet which has the Time Gem, the Mind Gem, the Power Gem, the Space Gem, and the Reality Gem. If he holds the Reality Gem, that means he can jump from different realities. This will be our link to the Marvel Universe from the Star Wars Universe. Uh, we then cut to Earth. Uh, Tony Stark, uh realizes…

Tony Stark realizes, I do not recognize the chair, Tony stark realizes that there has been a disturbance in what he will call a “time ribbon”, for the time being I will allow J.J. Abrams to think of a better term for this. Uh, and, and he then starts to assemble the cream of the Marvel universe, not the second tier superheroes that we saw in the first Avengers movie-I’m sorry but Hawkeye and Black Widow are not first tier, he would go find, uh hello, Spider-Man; Spider-Man exists in that universe. He would go find Moon Knight, he would go find Daredevil, he would go, uh, find Hercules and then that can bring in the entire, uh, pantheon of Greek gods that we saw in Clash and Wrath of the Titans.

So now we have a giant three franchise tie-in. Now cut back to the Imperial Star Destroyer. Uh, Luke gets a visit from, and we only show this from the boots up first, so we show these like black boots with the- and then we pan up and, oh my god it’s Han Solo. But he’s old, older and grizzled and really, like focused and cool like he’s seen some really bad stuff and he actually seems shaken. And, and Luke is like what’s wrong old buddy? And that’s when Han drops Chewbacca’s severed head onto the floor, yes in front of all the padawans…

Please let me finish, thank you! The padawans are all horrified and Han says that the planet Kashyyyk has been destroyed by this very mysterious force. Now we know, oh this was Thanos. Thanos is beginning to uh, you know gather power in this new universe. So, uh, while they take Chewy’s head down to-cause we’ve seen that you know they can build new bodies, they’ve gonna build Chewy this really cool robot, I’m thinking spider body, you know like a cool spider body with Chewy’s head and ion cannons on it. But that will be in the- he’ll come back- that’ll be the post-credits tease of this film so keep that in mind. So I don’t want you guys bummed out cause Chewbacca’s not dead he will come back. Uh, then, uh, and then Han al- Luke looks down and Han’s wedding ring is gone, hey what happened with you and Leia? And Han’s like, don’t even get me started on that. So now, where did Leia go? Where did Leia go? She’s not gone but we will find out…

I am, I- citizen filibuster, thank you. And really thank you for respecting our town laws by interrupting me during this. Uh, where was I? Yes.

Then at the, then at the edge of the Star Destroyers orbit suddenly the time ribbon begins wavering and what comes through, the X-Mens’ Quinjet, that’s right. What we did was back on Earth, we showed him gathering up all the heroes but we didn’t see him gathering up the X-Men so oh my goodness. Now Wolverine’s going to be there, now Cyclops is going to be there. So the Quinjet comes through, Luke gets in his X-Wing to go out and met them. And they engage in this awesome star battle. And it looks like the Quinjet actually is going to shoot Luke down and suddenly this volley of lasers comes in and what comes flying in, is- we think it’s going to be the Millennium Falcon just like in Episode 4 when he comes in and saves him during the Battle of Yavin, but no. It is Slave I.

That’s right Boba Fett’s ship, Slave I, has to save Luke because of course he’s trying to track Han, he can’t have Luke die. So then now, it’s a battle between the Quinjet, between the X-Wing, between Slave I and then we see the Millenium Falcon (At this point you hear whispering and people getting up from their chairs) is flying away, so uh, now Slave I goes off to do that.

But then we cut down to Corsucan (Patton misspoke and probably meant Coruscant) where, uh, Princess Leia is now consulting with Lando Calrissian. Now it looks like they’re just having a very intense meeting about trade regulations and about- I will not, I will not finish my speaking- about trade regulations but then suddenly when the rest of the council meeting leaves, they fall into each other’s arms oh my god. Lando Calrissian and Princess Leia are having an affair and that is why Han Solo, because look, Lando Calrissian was like hey if I’m going to lose the Millenium Falcon to you, I’ll just take your woman. And he has. So now we set that triangle up.

Now, cut back to the Quinjet, and Reed Richards from the Fantastic Four is piloting it. Oh it was a fake-out! He, it’s him and we have select members of the X-Men that I thought in my opinion were not, uh, focused on properly in the earlier films. We have Colossus in there, we have X-23, which is Wolverine’s daughter, and then we have a now have a mind-controlled Sabertooth and of course, Wolverine. Imagine those two going up against Robot Chewbacca ‘cause that’s going to happen. That is what we’re teasing right now.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Alright. I didn’t want to do this, but let me settle all of these arguments right now:

As many of you have noted, that use the internet, it has been announced that Disney has acquired the rights to the Star Wars franchise and in the summer of 2015 we will see the release of Star Wars Episode 7. Herewith is my proposal for the plot of that movie.

Begin with standard title sequence and John Williams fanfare followed by a scroll to be written. I would like to mention that Brian de Palma wrote the original opening scroll for Star Wars Episode 4: A New Hope. I think it would be a nice nod, uh, to the franchise if were to write this opening scroll. Then pan down from the twin suns of Tattoine, uh, we are now close on the mouth of the Sarlacc pit. After a beat, the gloved, Mandalorian armor gauntlet of Boba Fett grabs onto the sand outside the Sarlacc pit and the feared bounty hunter pulls himself from the maw of the sand beast.

And we, and we realize that he survived his fall during the battle at Jabba’s, uh, palace ship. Then do a hard cut to a repurposed Imperial Destroyer which has now been taken over by the rebels. Commander Luke Skywalker, now a full Jedi knight, training new padawans is using, ironically, uh, his father Anakin’s red lightsaber which will be a symbolic visual for his battle with how to both bring the new Jedi order while still acknowledging his father’s fall from grace.

As he is training the padawans, we pan outside of the control window to a nearby asteroid where we see, and please allow me to finish this because this is going to seem like a bit of a jump, we see Thanos who was the villain tease at the end of the first Avengers movie. Now Thanos, as you know owns the Infinity Gauntlet which has the Time Gem, the Mind Gem, the Power Gem, the Space Gem, and the Reality Gem. If he holds the Reality Gem, that means he can jump from different realities. This will be our link to the Marvel Universe from the Star Wars Universe. Uh, we then cut to Earth. Uh, Tony Stark, uh realizes…

Tony Stark realizes, I do not recognize the chair, Tony stark realizes that there has been a disturbance in what he will call a “time ribbon”, for the time being I will allow J.J. Abrams to think of a better term for this. Uh, and, and he then starts to assemble the cream of the Marvel universe, not the second tier superheroes that we saw in the first Avengers movie-I’m sorry but Hawkeye and Black Widow are not first tier, he would go find, uh hello, Spider-Man; Spider-Man exists in that universe. He would go find Moon Knight, he would go find Daredevil, he would go, uh, find Hercules and then that can bring in the entire, uh, pantheon of Greek gods that we saw in Clash and Wrath of the Titans.

So now we have a giant three franchise tie-in. Now cut back to the Imperial Star Destroyer. Uh, Luke gets a visit from, and we only show this from the boots up first, so we show these like black boots with the- and then we pan up and, oh my god it’s Han Solo. But he’s old, older and grizzled and really, like focused and cool like he’s seen some really bad stuff and he actually seems shaken. And, and Luke is like what’s wrong old buddy? And that’s when Han drops Chewbacca’s severed head onto the floor, yes in front of all the padawans…

Please let me finish, thank you! The padawans are all horrified and Han says that the planet Kashyyyk has been destroyed by this very mysterious force. Now we know, oh this was Thanos. Thanos is beginning to uh, you know gather power in this new universe. So, uh, while they take Chewy’s head down to-cause we’ve seen that you know they can build new bodies, they’ve gonna build Chewy this really cool robot, I’m thinking spider body, you know like a cool spider body with Chewy’s head and ion cannons on it. But that will be in the- he’ll come back- that’ll be the post-credits tease of this film so keep that in mind. So I don’t want you guys bummed out cause Chewbacca’s not dead he will come back. Uh, then, uh, and then Han al- Luke looks down and Han’s wedding ring is gone, hey what happened with you and Leia? And Han’s like, don’t even get me started on that. So now, where did Leia go? Where did Leia go? She’s not gone but we will find out…

I am, I- citizen filibuster, thank you. And really thank you for respecting our town laws by interrupting me during this. Uh, where was I? Yes.

Then at the, then at the edge of the Star Destroyers orbit suddenly the time ribbon begins wavering and what comes through, the X-Mens’ Quinjet, that’s right. What we did was back on Earth, we showed him gathering up all the heroes but we didn’t see him gathering up the X-Men so oh my goodness. Now Wolverine’s going to be there, now Cyclops is going to be there. So the Quinjet comes through, Luke gets in his X-Wing to go out and met them. And they engage in this awesome star battle. And it looks like the Quinjet actually is going to shoot Luke down and suddenly this volley of lasers comes in and what comes flying in, is- we think it’s going to be the Millennium Falcon just like in Episode 4 when he comes in and saves him during the Battle of Yavin, but no. It is Slave I.

That’s right Boba Fett’s ship, Slave I, has to save Luke because of course he’s trying to track Han, he can’t have Luke die. So then now, it’s a battle between the Quinjet, between the X-Wing, between Slave I and then we see the Millenium Falcon (At this point you hear whispering and people getting up from their chairs) is flying away, so uh, now Slave I goes off to do that.

But then we cut down to Corsucan (Patton misspoke and probably meant Coruscant) where, uh, Princess Leia is now consulting with Lando Calrissian. Now it looks like they’re just having a very intense meeting about trade regulations and about- I will not, I will not finish my speaking- about trade regulations but then suddenly when the rest of the council meeting leaves, they fall into each other’s arms oh my god. Lando Calrissian and Princess Leia are having an affair and that is why Han Solo, because look, Lando Calrissian was like hey if I’m going to lose the Millenium Falcon to you, I’ll just take your woman. And he has. So now we set that triangle up.

Now, cut back to the Quinjet, and Reed Richards from the Fantastic Four is piloting it. Oh it was a fake-out! He, it’s him and we have select members of the X-Men that I thought in my opinion were not, uh, focused on properly in the earlier films. We have Colossus in there, we have X-23, which is Wolverine’s daughter, and then we have a now have a mind-controlled Sabertooth and of course, Wolverine. Imagine those two going up against Robot Chewbacca ‘cause that’s going to happen. That is what we’re teasing right now.
That was a good episode…

Reactions: HailStout

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Is that the way it worked with washers and dryers and gas cans? Did that somehow stop people from getting stuck with shittier and/or more expensive options?
Washers and dryers aren't ****** because of regulation, they are ****** because of bad econ policy allowing far too much market consolidation and outsourcing to China. And you STILL favor those ****** policies.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Washers and dryers aren't ****** because of regulation, they are ****** because of bad econ policy allowing far too much market consolidation and outsourcing to China. And you STILL favor those ****** policies.
:rolleyes: First, even if it's true that offshoring has negatively impacted overall quality, that's not a sin of government except to the extent the government is distorting the market to encourage off shoring.

Second, that's a separate issue from saddling consumers with nonsensical regulations that prevent products as working as well as they did before. Gas tanks don't spill less now, they spill more. It's also extremely questionable to me whether the water and energy savings per wash/dry offset the need to wash and dry things for longer or for multiple cycles. But even if the energy savings end up existing, that doesn't justify them. There is a cost that the government completely ignores when it takes people longer to wash and dry their clothes.

Reactions: paindonthurt

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
He will stop there. He knows the next nation would be a NATO nation. NATO would destroy what is left of military in three days. NATO would not even have to put boots in harm's way. You can argue with me all you want but what I did in the Marine Corps required me to understand what their capabilities were and what was ours. If you could go back to the old web site, you will see I got bashed when I declared Russia would not take Ukraine in three days. In fact, I said it was possible Russia would lose. I understand how things works. I have set in on operational planning for combat missions and saw how it always turned out.

I am also saying China cannot take Taiwan. They do not have the capabilities to get enough boots on the ground fast enough. If they could do it, they would have done it. No other military can do what our military can do. They just can't. Everyone thought Russia was a giant lion, but they were just another ***** cat. I called it on the old SPS.
Great Read and I Pray you are Right. Thank you for your service Sir.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
If you weren't able to figure out that was an actual answer, and also showed why your question was a stupid one that was missing the point, I can't help you and probably neither can anybody else.
So the answer is 'no' then.
No, the government is not planning to render all current appliances illegal. No, people would not immediately have to purchase new qualifying appliances.

What you posted earlier is hysterics and fear pushing as it is not based on present info.

Jans needs to be involved in this, because getting actual responses from a couple of you is like pulling teeth.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
:rolleyes: First, even if it's true that offshoring has negatively impacted overall quality, that's not a sin of government except to the extent the government is distorting the market to encourage off shoring.

Second, that's a separate issue from saddling consumers with nonsensical regulations that prevent products as working as well as they did before. Gas tanks don't spill less now, they spill more. It's also extremely questionable to me whether the water and energy savings per wash/dry offset the need to wash and dry things for longer or for multiple cycles. But even if the energy savings end up existing, that doesn't justify them. There is a cost that the government completely ignores when it takes people longer to wash and dry their clothes.
THe first is like saying rampant immigration in the face of a complete lack of govt effort to stop it is not a sin of govt. Right?

There's no reason why basic energy saving regulation would significantly increase cycle times. That's just crappy designs in the face of no market competition. Keep in mind refrigerators are crappy now too, and there's no regs to explain it. We outsourced and consolidated and quality went to **** for it. You just won't accept reality that flies in the face of 70 year old conservative crap ideology created to fool the gullible into voting to enrich elites.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
sleepy cripple fight GIF by South Park

Still going.

Reactions: HailStout and ckDOG

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
No, the government is not planning to render all current appliances illegal. No, people would not immediately have to purchase new qualifying appliances.

What you posted earlier is hysterics and fear pushing as it is not based on present info.

Jans needs to be involved in this, because getting actual responses from a couple of you is like pulling teeth.
The federal government and some local governments are 100% wanting to eliminate gas stoves.

they backed off bc EVERYBODY was pissed.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012

I guess this explains why we have so much stupid policy and hundreds of billions in credit card debt. If you push the consequences more than 6 minutes into the future, a bunch of idiots aren't capable of treating them as real.

Reactions: paindonthurt

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
The federal government and some local governments are 100% wanting to eliminate gas stoves.

they backed off bc EVERYBODY was pissed.

This is an example of what psychologists call a self-fulfilling delusion.

Reactions: ckDOG

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
I guess this explains why we have so much stupid policy and hundreds of billions in credit card debt. If you push the consequences more than 6 minutes into the future, a bunch of idiots aren't capable of treating them as real.
You mean like if we push the consequences of market consolidation and outsourcing 6 minutes into the future? Because you sure aren't treating those as real.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
It's an opinion piece so as long as the writer can make valid arguments (and he did), he's good.

I kind of suspect that the gubmint folks in question generally didn't think to ask for feedback from the commercial sector.
It’s pretty clear to anyone without an agenda the administration was trying to either push or test the waters of banning gas stoves.

Let’s call it what it is.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
So the Forbes article is wrong?
The Forbes opinion piece in no way makes the case that
"

they backed off bc EVERYBODY was pissed."

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
The Forbes opinion piece in no way makes the case that
"

they backed off bc EVERYBODY was pissed."
So you don’t think the laptop is real and that this admin would ban gas stoves if they could.

#livinginreality

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
It’s pretty clear to anyone without an agenda the administration was trying to either push or test the waters of banning gas stoves.

Let’s call it what it is.
Yeah. We agree a lot here.

That said, with it being a Lower level fed agency, the CPSC, involved it looks like a science play unless one of the agency higher ups was encouraged.

The more interesting plays are at the state level with California & New York — they’ve got enough economic clout as you know with all the products that have to meet California emissions standards

But again— they really needed commercial input here— which it appears they’ve not gotten.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I kept seeing this weird thread title pop to the top of the board and then noticed it had 220 posts.

I'm shocked, shocked I say, to pop in and see another completely pointless political argument between people who apparently don't have enough drama in their regular lives.

How tf is this not locked??

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
I kept seeing this weird thread title pop to the top of the board and then noticed it had 220 posts.

I'm shocked, shocked I say, to pop in and see another completely pointless political argument between people who apparently don't have enough drama in their regular lives.

How tf is this not locked??
SPS gentility levels are much higher than average: No one’s insulted anyone else yet.

Reactions: She Mate Me

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
So you don’t think the laptop is real and that this admin would ban gas stoves if they could.

#livinginreality
I'm sure the laptop exists, but anyone who cannot see it is worthless after spending years in the hands of a conservative dirty trickster is someone who is completely incapable of being reasonable or thinking clearly.

There's a lot of things this admin, or any admin, would do if they were suddenly omnipotent or suddenly had no political constraints. But that's not a situation that is realistic. Reality and all that. The Dems aren't banning gas stoves whether they wanted to or not because it's not politically realistic. It's a BS argument ginned up by the propaganda media you can't get enough of to keep gullible people in their lane. Like the laptop.

Reactions: ckDOG

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Bottom line, climate change is now a RELIGION, complete with fanatical zealots.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Bottom line, climate change is now a RELIGION, complete with fanatical zealots.
It'd what happens when one side digs it's heels in and dismisses everything with claims of conspiracy, corruption, hypocrisy, etc.
And some of it is legitimate. A lot of it is irrational and baseless.

Same thing with covid and the vaccine -
one side digs it's heels in and dismisses everything with claims of conspiracy, corruption, hypocrisy, etc.
And some of it is legitimate. A lot of it is irrational and baseless.

This is how many issues are now handled because each side finds facts that support their motive or biases and heels are dug in. It doesn't matter if one side's justification is based on nothing more than suspicion, fear, or selfishness because there is money to be made thru confirming their biases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login