I usually Don't Read Other School's MBs, But The Melt Down

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Stoops will hold players accountable. Whether Lebby or anyone else will.....I'm not sure. Stoops just isn't a sexy name like the average fan wants. Just remember offense is for show, defense is for dough. I think Stoops will give them a lot of 9,10, and occasionally 11 win seasons. This is not a great year to be looking for a head coach......not a lot out there that is impressive.

CEO2044

May 11, 2009
I like Stoops too. I think he can be really good there if he gets the recruits.

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
I like Stoops too. I think he can be really good there if he gets the recruits.
I agree that he has potential to do well there. Think he’d do poorly at State. He’s kind of a guy who consistently gets a little bit more out of his talent than you’d expect, so it could be pretty good at A&M in a few years. As long as their psycho fans don’t murder him.

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
I think Stoops is incredibly overrated. Kentucky's non conference schedule is always straight dogpoop. He's been coaching in a weak SEC East. I'd be mega pissed if I were an A&M fan
Their non conf. schedule looks just like all the rest. 3 cupcakes and one fair to middling team.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Stoops will hold players accountable. Whether Lebby or anyone else will.....I'm not sure. Stoops just isn't a sexy name like the average fan wants. Just remember offense is for show, defense is for dough. I think Stoops will give them a lot of 9,10, and occasionally 11 win seasons. This is not a great year to be looking for a head coach......not a lot out there that is impressive.
I don't know? You have Kiffin out there who just won 10 games against tougher competition. Seems like Stoops is Jimbo 2.0 with a worse personality.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
I don’t think many teams are winning a lot of games by just playing defense in 2023. Offense wins championships now.

HammerOfTheDogs

Aug 6, 2004
Mark will be the best coach they’ve had in a long time, if they will stay out of his way. Big if.
Good luck with that. Texas and A&M are both full of Jerry Jones-wannabes who think that because they were Quick Tackle in a High School Double-wing offense that went 5-5 back in the 1970s, they can tell the coaches how to run the team.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
on TexAgs is epic. Pay $75mil to get rid of a 8-4 coach only to hire a 7-5 coach?

Makes me feel much better about the Lebby hire.
Bad premise. 7-5 at Kentucky is not the same as 7-5 at other programs.

aTm needed a coach like this in the worst way. Just a good ball coach who would keep a tough, stable culture whose ceiling was determined by NIL. They 17ed that up.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Bad premise. 7-5 at Kentucky is not the same as 7-5 at other programs.

aTm needed a coach like this in the worst way. Just a good ball coach who would keep a tough, stable culture whose ceiling was determined by NIL. They 17ed that up.
Well it looks like the fan revolt worked as intended. Similar to Tenn in 2017.

3-2 Dawg

Jun 6, 2023
on TexAgs is epic. Pay $75mil to get rid of a 8-4 coach only to hire a 7-5 coach?

Makes me feel much better about the Lebby hire.
Not accurate. Stoops has two 10 win seasons at UK. A&M has zero in that same timespan. Also Jimbo has been 5-7 and 7-5 last 2 seasons.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login