I was watching Swamp Kings on Netflix last night...

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
First off it is really good and I suggest you watch it. Second Paul Finebaum is a dick head. I do not understand why he has to disparage other SEC schools. He said, "Losing three games a year might be ok at South Carolina and Miss State but not at Florida?" Why not just say, "They don't accept losing three games a year at Florida."? Just leave the other two schools out of it. Somehow his ugly *** looking face got to be the face of the SEC. So, represent the SEC positively in all ways when on a plat form like Netflix. If you can't say something nice just keep your mouth closed.

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
I did not enjoy the show.
It came off as an Urban Myer fan-club circle jerk, reminiscent of a certain movie whose sole star was Sandra Bullock’s gams.
Also, the culture of that program seems toxic.
Gainesville is a hole.
The fact that they currently suck is cathartic.
That is all.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I did not enjoy the show.
It came off as an Urban Myer fan-club circle jerk, reminiscent of a certain movie whose sole star was Sandra Bullock’s gams.
Also, the culture of that program seems toxic.
Gainesville is a hole.
The fact that they currently suck is cathartic.
That is all.
Myers does represent himself pretty bad.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
First off it is really good and I suggest you watch it. Second Paul Finebaum is a dick head. I do not understand why he has to disparage other SEC schools. He said, "Losing three games a year might be ok at South Carolina and Miss State but not at Florida?" Why not just say, "They don't accept losing three games a year at Florida."? Just leave the other two schools out of it. Somehow his ugly *** looking face got to be the face of the SEC. So, represent the SEC positively in all ways when on a plat form like Netflix. If you can't say something nice just keep your mouth closed.
Sign me up for 10-3. Right now

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
Well, what if that is what it takes? I watched the show and it was clear why we couldn't beat them at their best. I just don't see that type of devotion to our team or our level of play as what those guys were going through to get ready for the season. Maybe I am wrong. Maybe we do all that stuff every single year and lose based solely on less overall talent.

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
Why not just say, "They don't accept losing three games a year at Florida."? Just leave the other two schools out of it.
You don’t leave the other two schools out because the more people hate you the more they click to read what you say. He doesn’t have to be right.. he just has to be interesting.

Finebaum has played the SEC fan base like a fiddle for 30 years.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Are we not here to win championships? As a fan 10-3 is great. As a team, 10-3 is a total failure. As a program, we need 10 years worth of 10-3 to get to a level where we can get to 15-0.
We've won 10 games 3 times in 123 years. So in 400 years we will be ready for that 15-0 season. We will never win the national championship in football simply because we do not and never will have the resources to do so. Maybe one of us will win the power ball...

Felonious Junk

Oct 23, 2008
Didn’t cover Aaron Hernandez. Didn’t cover the Pouncey twins. Didn’t cover Urban Meyer for being a complete douche enabler.
It was a trash fluff piece with no representation of what really happened in that era. Any article or documentary that allows Meyer to participate is going to be terrible.

Reactions: T-TownDawgg

LOTRGOTDAWGFAN

May 23, 2022
i spent most of episodes 3 and 4 fastforwarding through the BS. started out ok, but just became nothing more than Urban Meyer propaganda.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
Well, what if that is what it takes? I watched the show and it was clear why we couldn't beat them at their best. I just don't see that type of devotion to our team or our level of play as what those guys were going through to get ready for the season. Maybe I am wrong. Maybe we do all that stuff every single year and lose based solely on less overall talent.
It was fun to see them bickering and in total disarray in our visitor’s locker room in 09. If we had had ANY offensive talent that year we could have ruined them right then and there. Our defense and Banks in particular played their asses off. We just didn’t have enough talent on the offensive side to move the ball on them.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login