If 80% of the board picks us to lose Saturday, and we instead win on the road, will the board melt down again?

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Or maybe a lot on this board remember the Pyrrhic victories of 2007 and aren’t excited about having to endure 2008 again.
No people just hate being wrong on this board. Doesn't matter who the coach is, next season is going to be a *****.

Reactions: J-Dawg and Dawgg

Walkthedawg

Oct 3, 2022
Or maybe a lot on this board remember the Pyrrhic victories of 2007 and aren’t excited about having to endure 2008 again.
Read my mind. I remember the exact same posts of “you people sound like you would have rather lost!!” Posts from the Croom era.

The cool whip on the cake will be the first “you should just go start your own message board!”

• Haha
Reactions: Ibdancin

tenureplan

Dec 3, 2008
You only say they quit cause we beat them. They didn’t quit when they almost won at an Alabama or almost won at LSU. It’s just a 17ing excuse to try to make our win not look as good. God, Mississippi State fans are the most miserable 17s on the planet.
It didn't take a genius to see that they quit. Maybe you're just new to football Taylor.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
No people just hate being wrong on this board. Doesn't matter who the coach is, next season is going to be a *****.
No, people just see the writing on the wall and want better.

We are averaging 17 points per game in SEC play.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
You only say they quit cause we beat them. They didn’t quit when they almost won at Alabama or almost won at LSU. It’s just a 17ing excuse to try to make our win not look as good. God, Mississippi State fans are the most miserable 17s on the planet.
You need to go watch the game while listening to their (ark) own announcers. That team is demoralized and has quit. KJ was throwing it into the friggin dirt. Missed wide open WRs...etc..

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
Here's what the sunshine pumpers can't understand. We NEVER get a team's best shot. EVER. No one in our conference is excited or pumped up to play us. So every win we get can legitimately be explained away by the other team's effort or lack thereof.

Arkansas took their shots against LSU & Bama and came up short. Their chance at doing something meaningful is over. So yeah, let's just pump the brakes on celebrating a narrow, uninspiring win over a team that had nothing to play for and didn't care about beating us.

Reactions: knock him out john

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
No, here's what most people who are real, true MSU fans, and who have been such for a long time, do:

1. Express pessimism during the week, because they are MSU fans and this isn't their first rodeo.
2. Try to find optimism on game day so they can muster the will to watch the game.
3. Get frustrated at the futility they see in the moment during the game (even if it's a game we end up winning ugly) and get mad at themselves for allowing themselves to feel a glimmer of hope.
4. Rinse, repeat.

Don't be the guy who questions those fans. Most folks here are state fans and want them to win. It's not about being wrong or right on a message board. The worst fans aren't the ones expressing frustration on a message board. The worst fans are the fans who are on here calling out the ones for expressing frustration on a message board. There's a place where you can do that stuff to your heart's content - jean's place or something like that.

ETK99

Jul 30, 2019
Stack up wins and watch attitudes change some. But the SEC is bad and we aren't recruiting either. I won't be surprised if we win Saturday. But I think we'll lose.

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016
Just curious.
That’s why I was saying that Arnett is done. Completely. He could turn into Saban/Riley/Smart combined over these next 5 games and continue that in 2024. It wouldn’t matter. Not only do we have to win every SEC road game where we are dogs but we have to win with style to satisfy the fanbase.

It’s over for Arnett and nothing can change that. Everyone and I mean everyone should be on the fence about Arnett. It seems like those that are on the fence (like me) are in the extreme minority. Everyone else (especially the casual fan who wants Will Rogers to finger bang their wife, we know he can’t take it deep), hates Arnett.

Reactions: Perd Hapley

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
No, here's what most people who are real, true MSU fans, and who have been such for a long time, do:

1. Express pessimism during the week, because they are MSU fans and this isn't their first rodeo.
2. Try to find optimism on game day so they can muster the will to watch the game.
3. Get frustrated at the futility they see in the moment during the game (even if it's a game we end up winning ugly) and get mad at themselves for allowing themselves to feel a glimmer of hope.
4. Rinse, repeat.

Don't be the guy who questions those fans. Most folks here are state fans and want them to win. It's not about being wrong or right on a message board. The worst fans aren't the ones expressing frustration on a message board. The worst fans are the fans who are on here calling out the ones for expressing frustration on a message board. There's a place where you can do that stuff to your heart's content - jean's place or something like that.
Excited Lets Go GIF

Reactions: T-TownDawgg

HomeBoyDawg

Oct 22, 2013
I think some on here are like me in that we're hoping that what we are seeing growing pains of a young staff and new offensive scheme and that we will see improvement each week on both sides of the ball as well as special teams. That would give us hope that we are building a strong program. Admittedly, I don't think this is what we are seeing but there's plenty of time to let the season play out and support the coaches and players in the meantime.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
It didn't take a genius to see that they quit. Maybe you're just new to football Taylor.
Last week I pointed out that they probably have quit but I was argued down by posters who said we were going to lose that they were not.

4. Rinse, repeat.

Okay.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Here's what the sunshine pumpers can't understand. We NEVER get a team's best shot. EVER. No one in our conference is excited or pumped up to play us. So every win we get can legitimately be explained away by the other team's effort or lack thereof.

Arkansas took their shots against LSU & Bama and came up short. Their chance at doing something meaningful is over. So yeah, let's just pump the brakes on celebrating a narrow, uninspiring win over a team that had nothing to play for and didn't care about beating us.
“Every win we get can be legitimately explained away by the other team’s lack of effort” is about the saddest statement I’ve ever heard. Be miserable when we lose, be miserable after we win because we really didn’t deserve it. It was only because the other team didn’t care. Wow.

Reactions: Crazy Cotton

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
If we score less than 10 points, win, lose, or draw that's atrocious football to watch and bìtching should and will commence. And don't give me the good defense argument, that wasn't good defense Saturday, it was 2 dog shìt offensive teams dry humping air.

Football should be fun to watch. That was like watching my wife trying to change the windshield wipers in a pair of mittens. It was 17ing hopeless.

I missed most of the Croom era thankfully, but I have to imagine it looked like Saturday.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Auburn offense sucks. This could be one of those weeks a team lets another team beat them twice. They were up for Ole Miss can they get up for State this week or will they be down mentally. I think State wins and it will be another ugly low scoring win.

Reactions: thatsbaseball

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
That’s why I was saying that Arnett is done. Completely. He could turn into Saban/Riley/Smart combined over these next 5 games and continue that in 2024. It wouldn’t matter. Not only do we have to win every SEC road game where we are dogs but we have to win with style to satisfy the fanbase.

It’s over for Arnett and nothing can change that. Everyone and I mean everyone should be on the fence about Arnett. It seems like those that are on the fence (like me) are in the extreme minority. Everyone else (especially the casual fan who wants Will Rogers to finger bang their wife, we know he can’t take it deep), hates Arnett.
Arnett allowed the people around him to cause him to make very bad decisions. The first was a drastic change of the offense( something he sold the fan base on by saying he wasn't going to do.... then proceeded to do it). That in itself makes me question his ability to actually LEAD.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
I think some on here are like me in that we're hoping that what we are seeing growing pains of a young staff and new offensive scheme and that we will see improvement each week on both sides of the ball as well as special teams. That would give us hope that we are building a strong program. Admittedly, I don't think this is what we are seeing but there's plenty of time to let the season play out and support the coaches and players in the meantime.
I've personally seen enough. I'm not into training up a coach while they learn on the job at the expense of MSU Football.

Why should ANY SEC team reduce themselves to that point?

Reactions: Darryl Steight

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
If we score less than 10 points, win, lose, or draw that's atrocious football to watch and bìtching should and will commence. And don't give me the good defense argument, that wasn't good defense Saturday, it was 2 dog shìt offensive teams dry humping air.

Football should be fun to watch. That was like watching my wife trying to change the windshield wipers in a pair of mittens. It was 17ing hopeless.

I missed most of the Croom era thankfully, but I have to imagine it looked like Saturday.
It wasn't good defense. They had open people all game and KJ just could not connect. One should have been a TD.

Now, that's not saying we did not do a better job on defense. We did. But it still was not good.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
this is the fear. MSU football has abused our psyche over the years. It feels like we are reliving the past. I'm glad we won, but I hope it means that we really have turned the corner on defense. If we don't show substantial improvement in offensive play calling and execution going forward, at a bare minimum, we should enter next football season with a new OC.
No, people just see the writing on the wall and want better.

We are averaging 17 points per game in SEC play.
I'd be curious is anyone knows what our average points per game in SEC play is over the last 20 years.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Auburn offense sucks. This could be one of those weeks a team lets another team beat them twice. They were up for Ole Miss can they get up for State this week or will they be down mentally. I think State wins and it will be another ugly low scoring win.
Auburn is not being coached by a guy named Sam Pittman. Like him or not, he wins everywhere he goes. and BTW, they score more than MSU in SEC play.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Auburn is not being coached by a guy named Sam Pittman. Like him or not, he wins everywhere he goes. and BTW, they score more than MSU in SEC play.
We will see. Like I said last week. Limit the turnovers and we win. Same for this one. They are not a good football team.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
this is the fear. MSU football has abused our psyche over the years. It feels like we are reliving the past. I'm glad we won, but I hope it means that we really have turned the corner on defense. If we don't show substantial improvement in offensive play calling and execution going forward, at a bare minimum, we should enter next football season with a new OC.

I'd be curious is anyone knows what our average points per game in SEC play is over the last 20 years.
I could look it up. Would take time.

EDIT: Listing our average. THIS IS FBS vs FBS. So all FCS teams are removed every year.

2023- 23.3
2022- 29.6
2021- 26.9
2019- 26.2
2018- 30.6

Last edited:

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
We will see. Like I said last week. Limit the turnovers and we win. Same for this one. They are not a good football team.
We didn't limit the turnovers. He threw an INT. We could not get set and that kept them from 7 points.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
We didn't limit the turnovers. He threw an INT. We could not get set and that kept them from 7 points.
Compared to other games limited doesn't mean not any. It means not giving SC 14 points and Bama 17 points off turnovers. 3 points is nothing.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login