If anyone thinks Beamer

Oct 8, 2022
OMG this generation of players, first it was the dropping the ball and the goal line on TDs and some being ruled fumbles, NOW its the simulated shotgun shooting opponents that will ALWAYS get flagged. And just cost us a sack/end of drive

The stupidity is mind blowing

KOTR

Joined Dec 1, 2019
Jan 19, 2022
There is always an example that flies in the face of the concept of giving a guy time, but we are a long way from being considered a consistently good program, so why not give the man several years to see if things can start trending in the right direction? Having said that, I do still think Chadwell would have been the right move when Beamer was hired.

1vagamecock

Jan 19, 2022
I remember when fans wanted Spurrier gone after 4 years too.
Give him time because I really don't think anyone would make a difference at our University anyway

Reactions: kidrobinski

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
Give him time because I really don't think anyone would make a difference at our University anyway

Beamer is not a national title winning offensive guru as a head coach. Spurrier earned that extra time with his past success.

But I agree he'll probably get at least next year.

Reactions: Backyard Archer

uscjunkie

Jan 27, 2022
Where is this winning offensive guru you going to hire when you fire Beamer? I seem to remember nobody wanting this damn job but people who were looking to make a name for themselves.

SouthernBelly

Sep 16, 2024
He isn't proven at a big boy school either.....100% crap shoot!
He’s won every where he’s been. Including giving Charleston Southern their best seasons, probably N. Greenville too, and the success at Coastal should be obvious. No one was trying to make Shane Beamer anything more than he already was…except SC.

SouthernBelly

Sep 16, 2024
Where is this winning offensive guru you going to hire when you fire Beamer? I seem to remember nobody wanting this damn job but people who were looking to make a name for themselves.
Chadwell left Coastal for Liberty, he would have taken this job if offered. And if he made a bigger name for himself and left then so be it.

uscjunkie

Jan 27, 2022
Chadwell left Coastal for Liberty, he would have taken this job if offered. And if he made a bigger name for himself and left then so be it.
It is easy to assume he would have come here and set the world on fire but you don't know that would have happened anymore than you knew Beamer wouldn't work out. Hell, one of his receivers is here now and doing nothing.

bayrooster

Jan 21, 2022
I don't remember that. A few contrarians (so few I don't remember any) in a sports forum is not the "fans."

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
It is easy to assume he would have come here and set the world on fire but you don't know that would have happened anymore than you knew Beamer wouldn't work out.

There is obviously no guarantee for success or failure.

I would wager a lot of money that Chadwell will be coaching in a power conference long after Beamer is an analyst somewhere.

Reactions: cockyferg

uscjunkie

Jan 27, 2022
There is obviously no guarantee for success or failure.

I would wager a lot of money that Chadwell will be coaching in a power conference long after Beamer is an analyst somewhere.
Maybe so but until he proves himself against real competition, I'm not buying the hype! His Liberty Flames got spanked last year in their bowl game against Oregon. He can beat up the underlings of college football but hasn't proven a thing at the big boy level.

bayrooster

Jan 21, 2022
Maybe so but until he proves himself against real competition, I'm not buying the hype! His Liberty Flames got spanked last year in their bowl game against Oregon. He can beat up the underlings of college football but hasn't proven a thing at the big boy level.
Is Liberty a "big boy level" football program?

uscjunkie

Jan 27, 2022
I wouldn't say so. He has never coached at that level so telling me how good of a hire he would have been is a complete guess at best.

SouthernBelly

Sep 16, 2024
It is easy to assume he would have come here and set the world on fire but you don't know that would have happened anymore than you knew Beamer wouldn't work out. Hell, one of his receivers is here now and doing nothing.
I don’t assume anything, and never said Chadwell would succeed. I never had a reason at the time of Beamer’s hire to believe he would succeed and no one else did either. And yeah, maybe Chadwell would have done nothing here either, plenty of good coaches have done nothing here. But anyone who has remotely sniffed success didn’t come here learning to be a head coach. With all the information that could be known at the time it should have been an easy choice to hire Chadwell over Beamer.

Reactions: Lurker123

uscjunkie

Jan 27, 2022
I don’t assume anything, and never said Chadwell would succeed. I never had a reason at the time of Beamer’s hire to believe he would succeed and no one else did either. And yeah, maybe Chadwell would have done nothing here either, plenty of good coaches have done nothing here. But anyone who has remotely sniffed success didn’t come here learning to be a head coach. With all the information that could be known at the time it should have been an easy choice to hire Chadwell over Beamer.
That is a good hindsight take but had Beamer come in here with all his experience coaching with the best college football had to offer and set the world on fire....people would be blowing him and calling Tanner a genius for getting a coach for pennies on the dollar.

1vagamecock

Jan 19, 2022
I don't remember that. A few contrarians (so few I don't remember any) in a sports forum is not the "fans."
Your wrong about that. There were a lot of fans on this board and others as well that wanted him gone.
I remember arguing with them about it.

Gamecock Jacque

Joined Dec 20, 2020
Jan 30, 2022
That is a good hindsight take but had Beamer come in here with all his experience coaching with the best college football had to offer and set the world on fire....people would be blowing him and calling Tanner a genius for getting a coach for pennies on the dollar.
Yeah, your what if didn't happen for some reason.

I4CtheFuture

Oct 5, 2024
Is going to take us to the next level, you are 100% wrong.
I honestly don't think Beamer is the problem. I think the problem is the AD (historically) isn't serious about FB and won't pony up the $$$$ to hire top assistants. Beamer is young and he's not using USC as a stepping stone. He'd stay forever if he doesn't get canned first. Gotta have those quality assistants though and ...... Whoever is the main assistant on Defense can stay. The rest of em' gotta go. I really want Beamer to be the guy but he may have sealed his own fate with his assistant hires. JMHO.

SouthernBelly

Sep 16, 2024
Hindsight...call it what you want. Those were my thoughts, don't care if you don't believe them. Nothing has shown up to change them. It would be great if your make-believe scenario happened, I'd love to be wrong about Beamer. Until then I'll keep operating off what I see and in the meantime, you can keep replying to what you wish I would have said.

gamecock stock

Jan 21, 2022
A neighbor friend of mine has a different TV service than I do. His service was not yet on due to the storm. I invited him over to watch the game. The guy is VERY football smart. During the game, he asked me a telling question:

"What do you think of Beamer?".

He knows what most of us know.

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022

Wait, "all his experience coaching"? You mean Beamer, the position coach?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login