If this doesn't motivate our coaches and players for next year

Feb 23, 2008
Barring a last minute first round type pitcher coming from the portal, we will

be middle of the pack at best. Hoping for a regional should be the expectation. The roster shows me nothing to expect otherwise. Sadly.

harrybollocks

Oct 11, 2012
Ole Miss is more talented. I'm not sure they have better coaching but that team is talented. Bianco just put his name on something there permanently. Not a bad decision to say no to LSU last year. I don't pay attention to recruiting. Has Ole Miss been out-recruiting State for the past few years?

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Nothing will.

We lost some amazing players last year, but only 3 of them. We lose amazing players every year because the 17ing draft drools over our players. It’s a dichotomy. Simply nothing we can do when we keep having guys leave in the 1st round as juniors, etc.

Our NIL seems like it will be equivalent to a cookie jar, too. The NCAA has really outdone themselves in the past year.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
If you really think Bianco was offered the LSU job... I don't know what to tell you

And yes, the alumni will throw millions into the nil for baseball now. That's obvious. It's the only sport small schools can compete in.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
They have the best pitching coach in the country and it won them a title

Willowdawg

Dec 25, 2020
If we don't win, I doubt they do. Elliot said all he saw was national championship t shirts everywhere the last year from our fans. I know they barely snuck in, but that happens when all you're thinking about is the postseason. It also gave them belief they could win it. Some of you people need to relax. I get wanting all these proven players, but there are plenty of good ball players to go around. We will be fine.

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
This^^. We’re looking at a multi-year rebuild. I hope Lemonis can get it done.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Agreed…

Nothing will.

That’s not acceptable for what our program did from 2016-21

With the current state of affairs with NIL, etc, I think this timeline is irrelevant. But if our benefactors don’t start ponying up metric tons of cash to legally pay players, we are back to pre-Paul Gregory days.

Maybe Mother Brain (coinnnzz) will inadvertently double outthink us through this. I’m very optimistic about the prospects.********

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
HOw old is Ole Miss first baseman. That ****** looks 30 years old.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
Ole Miss is more talented. I'm not sure they have better coaching but that team is talented. Bianco just put his name on something there permanently. Not a bad decision to say no to LSU last year. I don't pay attention to recruiting. Has Ole Miss been out-recruiting State for the past few years?

Trolling right along

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
Next year depends on the draft and a couple guys stepping up. We should be a regional team at worst if we get the guys we're after. Miss, well, then things get tough and we get some staff changes.

Maroonthirteen

Aug 22, 2012
Ole Miss is more talented. I'm not sure they have better coaching but that team is talented. Bianco just put his name on something there permanently. Not a bad decision ?

this OM team was 14-16 in conference and 5-10 in sec play at home. Which team (less elko and graham) comes back next year is a guess at best. OM could go right back to the team that had to get help to get into the sec tournament.

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login