If we lose this game, the support for Arnett leading the charge going forward diminishes………….

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
This bowl game was meaningful. Our team demonstrated toughness and can be proud that they honored Coach Leach. They also played to protect a top 25 ranking, which is now in the history books.

I’ll augment my prior remarks to clarify that of course the bowl games are certainly meaningful for the players…..most of the time anyway. Maybe that’s all that matters? And as fans, obviously we’d prefer MSU to win rather than lose.

But the reality is that the result shouldn’t change how people feel about the season, nor should it really affect the outlook for the following season. We went .500 in the SEC, won the Egg on the road, and took care of business in the nonconference. That’s an awesome year by MSU standards, no matter what happens in the bowl. Its just impossible for me to view a bowl as anything more than a totally separate event that is completely detached from the season itself…..especially considering the coaching changes, opt outs, transfer portal departures, etc. that all teams have to deal with in that time.

Last edited:
Reactions: drexeldog23
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login