If you have followed MSU baseball for a long time...

SLUdog

May 28, 2007
then you know that we might have a great 2nd half of the season, get in a regional, and make a run. I hope this weekend is a reversal for us in this season. I'm not predicting anything but this team has a lot of talent too.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Just need to keep finding wins and work our way into the tournament. I don't mind a down year after a Natty, but missing the NCAAT just feels wrong.

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
Where are the haters now? Yes, we lost to LSU, but we could have easily won the first two for want of a clutch hit. The weekend the team showed that clutch hits can be delivered. Good coaching is going on and young players are showing signs of improvement. Hail State!

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
I’m not getting my hopes up yet. But a positive run would be nice after a crap season to this point.

Rezpup

May 4, 2009
If we make a regional this year after losing Sims and Tepper it will just add to the M over S mystique.

Any coach drawing us as a 2 or 3 seed in a regional somewhere will not be happy and this team could get hot enough if our sticks get going.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Maybe it's Stone Simmons you meant? He went down about the same time as Landon I think.

msstatelp1

Aug 21, 2012
Maybe I’m wrong or just list him for a while.

I can’t keep up either but the loss of Sims still makes my point.

You may be thinking of Simmons but I upvoted because I also think any coach getting us in their regional will be pissed.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Ok, I'll bite and be your hater. We're less than one week from getting swept at home and just 4 days ago at home having to go into extra innings to beat a UAB team that's 1 game above .500 in conference play. Since then "good coaching" has started, "young players" have figured out how to "improve" and we have turned the corner and headed to a regional. I want some of that Unicorn Fart Gas you've been snorting.
There, feel better now that a "hater" has responded? Go Dogs

Duke Humphrey

Oct 3, 2013
Our schedule is not awful either. Outside of Tennessee, there isn’t a series left in which we would be a clear underdog. Not saying we are clear favorites either. The only negative regarding the schedule is Mizzou, UM, and aTm are on the road.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I mean truly good coaching makes young players improve before the season so we never have any of those issues in the first place right? It shouldn’t take players any time at all to develop. The fact that we haven’t at least found a few middle school players who can graduate early and come help immediately speaks to crap recruiting as well.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login