If you want a coaching change

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
Watching this game reminds me of the UT game in Knoxville.
I knew them Joe Moorhead was way in over his head.
Team looked lethargic and uninspired.
You would think after a road win last week we would come out today playing with our hair on fire.
This team is piss poor coached!!

Reactions: OopsICroomedmypants

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
We have to pretty much lose out. No one on the staff will get canned if we go bowling.
It's not about wanting to make a change. We're stupid if we don't. It shows that we have no interest in competing. Our recruiting is going to shlt and we are borderline uncompetitive. And if our fan base and administration doesn't do something about it, it's what we deserve.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
If we go bowling, 6-6, Arnett should be back. Vegas had our win total o/u at 6.5, so we would be on track. With Arnett's Hunter Bidenesqe resume, our leadership knew it would be a steep learning curve. Give him another year to see what we have. Next season will be a mini rebuild no matter what, let's see if Arnett learns from this season.

We 100% should have had a legit coaching search after Mike died and gotten an experienced HC, we didn't, so we need to give Arnett a real chance.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
4-8

If we lose our quarterback until the Southern Mississippi game, we are dead in the water.

Especially if our tailback is out, too.

It doesn't matter what we want. They're gonna do what they want, and it doesn't do any good to complain about an athletic Director you don't see that means he's doing great. That's what I was told anyway.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Fu*ck that. I’m out on CZA almost regardless of the season results. This defense is really bad and 2024 looks like a total rebuild.

I have very little faith Arnett will be competitive long term in this conference. And I don’t think much of the fan base really feels differently.

TPIPER36

May 19, 2023
Get rid of this clown regardless. I don’t care if we go to the toilet bowl. We suck balls, go get a coach worth a damn. It’s so clear this clown is in way over his head

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
If we go bowling, 6-6, Arnett should be back. Vegas had our win total o/u at 6.5, so we would be on track. With Arnett's Hunter Bidenesqe resume, our leadership knew it would be a steep learning curve. Give him another year to see what we have. Next season will be a mini rebuild no matter what, let's see if Arnett learns from this season.

We 100% should have had a legit coaching search after Mike died and gotten an experienced HC, we didn't, so we need to give Arnett a real chance.
No he shouldn't be back. He's shown exactly nothing to demonstrate he's the guy for the job. There is no circumstance under which he should be brought back. You don't reward a guy for six wins. You reward a guy for how a team is playing and if they are getting better.

UpTheMiddlex3Punt

May 28, 2007
If you're an 18 year old three star recruit what about this program would inspire you enough to play here over anywhere else? I barely want to watch the team this year.

Reactions: STATEgrad04

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022

I felt the same way a few weeks ago, but the more I watch this team, the more I lose faith in this coaching staff. We at minimum need to fire this joke of a defensive coordinator. I’m willing to support Barbay but we need to fix our o line. However, the more I think about it the more I want to have Arnett fire everyone and then tell him he’s fired. Then we need to fire the AD while we’re at it. Then we need to fire someone else for good measure!

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
Arnett looks lost on the sideline. I don’t care if he lucks into 2 more wins. If we retain him then we deserve to be kicked out of the SEC. ***** *** administration.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
No he shouldn't be back. He's shown exactly nothing to demonstrate he's the guy for the job. There is no circumstance under which he should be brought back. You don't reward a guy for six wins. You reward a guy for how a team is playing and if they are getting better.
I'll support the decision either way if he's back at 6-6 or gets fired, I see both sides.

If we do fire him, we need to commit to $6 or 7 mil, whatever it takes for a significant upgrade.

• Love
Reactions: vandaldawg

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I'll support the decision either way if he's back at 6-6 or gets fired, I see both sides.

If we do fire him, we need to commit to $6 or 7 mil, whatever it takes for a significant upgrade.
Your last sentence makes the whole point. You have to commit to putting a good product on the field. Keeping this guy for any reason, no matter the final record, is the opposite of that.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Your last sentence makes the whole point. You have to commit to putting a good product on the field. Keeping this guy for any reason, no matter the final record, is the opposite of that.
I don't have a ton of confidence in our admin going big no matter the cost. We can't take a chance on an assistant. Got to get a proven HC at a lower level and someone with some swag. Mullen worked out, but we can't take that chance again.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
And when you look at the wins we have, none of them are impressive. All of this matters.
Most of them look more like we got lucky. Uncohesive is what the announcer on CBS just said about the D. The whole team in uncohesive. Jekyll and Hyde. This D is terrible

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I don't have a ton of confidence in our admin going big no matter the cost. We can't take a chance on an assistant. Got to get a proven HC at a lower level and someone with some swag. Mullen worked out, but we can't take that chance again.
If our admin won't do that, then we should just pack it up and go join C-USA.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
This half has been so putrid, I'm on board with firing him now, especially if the second half goes like the first.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login