If you want a coaching change

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
We’re also going to need to show some commitment to Arnett if we bring him back. Otherwise it’ll get used against us in recruiting if it isn’t already. The thought of potentially having to pay more in Nov 2024 is a no-go for me.

Clean house and go get Lebby. I’m all about a Boomer Sooner angle for MSU football.

Reactions: vandaldawg

BreckyBratt

Nov 5, 2022
Sad thing is croom 1 & 2 are about to bookend the most successful run in states football history. If moves aren't made and proven coaches hired and winning /being competitive doesn't happen. The CUSA talk isn't far fetched in the near future.

bulldognation

Jan 26, 2004
Start getting the buyout money ready and move on. Arnett was an emotional hire after the shock of losing Leach. I know he held together the recruiting class, but remember those recruits were for the air raid. Changing coordinators… etc. They’re not just moving away from the air raid, they’re just getting weaker every game.

Reactions: Doubledawgblitz

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
The CUSA talk isn't far fetched in the near future.
Excuse Me What GIF by Originals

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Start getting the buyout money ready and move on. Arnett was an emotional hire after the shock of losing Leach. I know he held together the recruiting class, but remember those recruits were for the air raid. Changing coordinators… etc. They’re not just moving away from the air raid, they’re just getting weaker every game.
If we make a change, will have to move very quick.

Reactions: vandaldawg

vandaldawg

Feb 23, 2008
Watching this game reminds me of the UT game in Knoxville.
I knew them Joe Moorhead was way in over his head.
Team looked lethargic and uninspired.
You would think after a road win last week we would come out today playing with our hair on fire.
This team is piss poor coached!!
I was there. I was leaning that way before that game, and that game sealed it. That was a truly terrible UT team too. Maybe worse than this Auburn team.

vandaldawg

Feb 23, 2008
No he shouldn't be back. He's shown exactly nothing to demonstrate he's the guy for the job. There is no circumstance under which he should be brought back. You don't reward a guy for six wins. You reward a guy for how a team is playing and if they are getting better.
Exactly. It’s like Mullen’s first season. He took us to 5 and 7 and an Egg Bowl win, and I hadn’t felt that much momentum and enthusiasm in the football program since the early KANG years.

This feels like the Croom years preceding that. And even Croom put together a Liberty Bowl run.

Reactions: patdog

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Gotta put a better product on the field bean. Guess you have missed all the realignment going on these days.
Not gonna happen and no need to even consider it. Alabama/LSU/UGA will go to the mat to keep us. They don't want to be challenged every singe conf game.

vandaldawg

Feb 23, 2008
We’re also going to need to show some commitment to Arnett if we bring him back. Otherwise it’ll get used against us in recruiting if it isn’t already. The thought of potentially having to pay more in Nov 2024 is a no-go for me.

Clean house and go get Lebby. I’m all about a Boomer Sooner angle for MSU football.
Yep. Guys like Lebby in particular is why I don’t get the “only a proven head coach” idea. Be smart and catch a badass on the come-up. We have to be that kind of savvy as a program.

Last edited:

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
The main reason I said Herman is he is only making about $750,000 @ year. Thats chump change. No way we can't afford that. There are other candidates but can we afford them.and a buy out ? Jamie Chadwell or whatever his name is. I think he just signed a 4 mill a year contract. Not sure how much Lebby is making. Something has to be done

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
We have to pretty much lose out. No one on the staff will get canned if we go bowling.
We don’t just need a coaching change. Our whole university needs a change, starting at the top. I’ve said it before, but the trend for the university as a whole is down.
The past two AD hires and this coaching hire have not been good.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
The main reason I said Herman is he is only making about $750,000 @ year. Thats chump change. No way we can't afford that. There are other candidates but can we afford them.and a buy out ? Jamie Chadwell or whatever his name is. I think he just signed a 4 mill a year contract. Not sure how much Lebby is making. Something has to be done
Herman would be light years better than this garbage coaching staff

CDawg08

Oct 5, 2022
We about to find out what this AD is or isn’t. Football rules plain and simple if he’s weak here he’s dead in water. ETA I have no idea what he’s about never really hear anything out of him one way or the other

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Sad thing is croom 1 & 2 are about to bookend the most successful run in states football history. If moves aren't made and proven coaches hired and winning /being competitive doesn't happen. The CUSA talk isn't far fetched in the near future.

Damn. You must have some long arms to reach that far.

BreckyBratt

Nov 5, 2022
Not gonna happen and no need to even consider it. Alabama/LSU/UGA will go to the mat to keep us. They don't want to be challenged every singe conf game.
That may be true but is it guaranteed. I'd rather our admin and coaches strive to be better so there is no doubt.

Will Rogers.sixpack

Sep 25, 2022
Selmon isn’t making any moves.
He’s a worthless AD.
He reminds me of Barack Obama. What has he done to deserve his rise of fame before we hired him? What has he done to have been listed on top AD lists and have a personal billboard in Las Vegas? He’s black and young. What else am I missing? Serious questions.

Reactions: M R DAWGS

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
You would think after a road win last week we would come out today playing with our hair on fire.
The team knows they sucked last week and didn't deserve that one, hell they had to relive it more than us, they had to watch film of it. They knew it wasn't anything to be proud of

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
He reminds me of Barack Obama. What has he done to deserve his rise of fame before we hired him? What has he done to have been listed on top AD lists and have a personal billboard in Las Vegas? He’s black and young. What else am I missing? Serious questions.
The real question is why did we hire him and what does he do??

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
The thing is, we got close enough in the score of this game that people are gonna count it as a victory. Just remember these last two weeks are when we finally buried Mississippi State football with over half our fanbase smiling about it.

Anyone other than this team Auburn has would've beat us by 50 points today, at least.

Reactions: M R DAWGS

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
The thing is, we got close enough in the score of this game that people are gonna count it as a victory. Just remember these last two weeks are when we finally buried Mississippi State football with over half our fanbase smiling about it.

Anyone other than this team Auburn has would've beat us by 50 points today, at least.

We played ok in the 2nd half. If not for a terrible 4th down decision by Wright at the end of the 1st half, this is a one score game late on the road in the SEC. Without our 4 year starters at QB and RB.

If you want to paint everything as negative because you have no faith in the coaches, that's your right, but the team played hard to the end and were competitive without two very key starters.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
We played ok in the 2nd half. If not for a terrible 4th down decision by Wright at the end of the 1st half, this is a one score game late on the road in the SEC. Without our 4 year starters at QB and RB.

If you want to paint everything as negative because you have no faith in the coaches, that's your right, but the team played hard to the end and were competitive without two very key starters.
We left a lot of points on the field, this should have come down to the last possession. We looked like the barns equal in the 2nd half, but the first half was too much to overcome.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login