If you want a coaching change

Lowdog

Jan 1, 2019
What is it with MSU people? The object of a college atheletic department is to put a winning fun entertaining improving product on the field. I don’t see that with this atheletic director or this football coaching staff. IMO nothing has shown me the future looks to be any better. And our non-existing athletic director has not shown me jack #*@%.

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
It starts at the TOP. View the trend. It is down, and it has been for a while. A major overhaul is needed. Eventually, everyone will see it.

Last edited:
Reactions: patdog

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
If we go bowling, 6-6, Arnett should be back. Vegas had our win total o/u at 6.5, so we would be on track. With Arnett's Hunter Bidenesqe resume, our leadership knew it would be a steep learning curve. Give him another year to see what we have. Next season will be a mini rebuild no matter what, let's see if Arnett learns from this season.

We 100% should have had a legit coaching search after Mike died and gotten an experienced HC, we didn't, so we need to give Arnett a real chance.
They had us there due to the staff! No they should NOT be back

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
If we go bowling, 6-6, Arnett should be back. Vegas had our win total o/u at 6.5, so we would be on track. With Arnett's Hunter Bidenesqe resume, our leadership knew it would be a steep learning curve. Give him another year to see what we have. Next season will be a mini rebuild no matter what, let's see if Arnett learns from this season.

We 100% should have had a legit coaching search after Mike died and gotten an experienced HC, we didn't, so we need to give Arnett a real chance.
Man, I hope you are joking

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
It starts at the TOP. View the trend. It is down, and it has been for a while. A major overhaul is needed. Eventually, everyone will see it.

What is a while?

We were a Top 20 football team less than a year ago, but our coach died.

We won a national championship in baseball two years ago.

We are clearly getting better in both basketball programs.

Honestly, what are you talking about?

Reactions: Maroon Pug

patdog

May 28, 2007
Exactly. It’s like Mullen’s first season. He took us to 5 and 7 and an Egg Bowl win, and I hadn’t felt that much momentum and enthusiasm in the football program since the early KANG years.

This feels like the Croom years preceding that. And even Croom put together a Liberty Bowl run.
With both Sherrill and Mullen, it was obvious early in their 1st season that the trajectory of the program had changed. Even in Leach’s 1st season, you knew we would at least be competitive in a year or two. This looks like the Croom & Felker 1st seasons. The coaches just don’t have a clue. We need to cut our losses. I have little faith we will.

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
There is no excitement around our football program, and hasn’t been since 2018. Attendance has declined since Mitchell dropped the game winning TD against Don Marlin coached Florida.

Lemonis absolutely lucked into a national championship and should have been fired at the end of last year. And we will suck again this year.

Men’s basketball is looking ok, and who gives a **** about women’s basketball?

I took my family to the Arkansas football game last year and the scene in the junction after the game was total chaos. A total s k a n k fest.

John Cohen wasn’t fit to be an AD, and should not have been hired. What does our current AD do? I have heard nothing from him. What is his vision? What is our plan? What is he doing other than holding a title? Why was he hired? What did he do in previous jobs to warrant being a SEC AD?

Basically, all of our success has come from the hiring of Greg Byrne by Doc Foglesong. We have floundered in our hirings since then. In fact, they have progressively gotten worse.

Last edited:

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
There is no excitement around our football program, and hasn’t been since 2018. Attendance has declined since Mitchell dropped the game winning TD against Merlins coached Florida.

Lemonis absolutely lucked into a national championship and should have been fired at the end of last year. And we will suck again this year.

Mens’s basketball is looking ok, and who gives a **** about women’s basketball?

I took my family to the Arkansas football game last year and the scene in the junction after the game was total chaos. A total s k a n k fest.

John Cohen wasn’t fit to be an AD, and should not have been hired. What does our current AD do? I have heard nothing from him. What is his vision? What is our plan? What is he doing other than holding a title? Why was he hired? What did he do in previous jobs to warrant being a SEC AD?

Well, that explains it.

Thanks.

Reactions: M R DAWGS

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012

Are You Stupid Neve Campbell GIF by filmeditor

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
We played ok in the 2nd half. If not for a terrible 4th down decision by Wright at the end of the 1st half, this is a one score game late on the road in the SEC. Without our 4 year starters at QB and RB.

If you want to paint everything as negative because you have no faith in the coaches, that's your right, but the team played hard to the end and were competitive without two very key starters.
I don't think I've ever said anything about players and how they played. They gave a valiant effort in the second half, but our coaching put them behind the eight-ball. You can't keep coming to the players rescue if they keep getting sabotaged by their coaches. You know, Wright even made a good couple of good passes. The problem is we keep putting them into situations that he cannot fulfill. We keep making him run past plays that he cannot pull off. You have to draw a place and call them according to his strengths, not try to keep putting a square peg in a round hole, kinda like when they were trying to make Will pull off things in the game he was not prepared for.

Muttley

Aug 22, 2012
There is no excitement around our football program, and hasn’t been since 2018. Attendance has declined since Mitchell dropped the game winning TD against Don Marlin coached Florida.

Men’s basketball is looking ok, and who gives a **** about women’s basketball?

Basically, all of our success has come from the hiring of Greg Byrne by Doc Foglesong. We have floundered in our hirings since then. In fact, they have progressively gotten worse.
I was going to go to the Kentucky game, but, after reading this, I think I'll run naked in briar patch hunting bobcats with a spear and a pocket knife instead.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I don't think I've ever said anything about players and how they played. They gave a valiant effort in the second half, but our coaching put them behind the eight-ball. You can't keep coming to the players rescue if they keep getting sabotaged by their coaches. You know, Wright even made a good couple of good passes. The problem is we keep putting them into situations that he cannot fulfill. We keep making him run past plays that he cannot pull off. You have to draw a place and call them according to his strengths, not try to keep putting a square peg in a round hole, kinda like when they were trying to make Will pull off things in the game he was not prepared for.
Wright was bad. But the coaches didn’t do him any favors. I’ve said it before, but we have two QBs with very different strengths and weaknesses, and yet we somehow manage to not put either one of them in a position to play to their strengths.

Reactions: blitz2Win

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
Have you been to an on campus football game recently?

Homecoming last year vs Arkansas will be my last for a while.
It was nice that we won, but I didn’t enjoy having to walk my 7 and 3 year old through skunk weed smoke and fat *** vulgar twerking walking out.

Yeah, I may be old, but that sh it doesn’t make me want to give my money to MSU.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
What's really worrisome is that Ole Miss is about to improve their defense significantly. Next year, with a modest improvement, they could be playoff worthy.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012

It was nice that we won, but I didn’t enjoy having to walk my 7 and 3 year old through skunk weed smoke and fat *** vulgar twerking walking out.

Yeah, I may be old, but that sh it doesn’t make me want to give my money to MSU.
Yes, long time season ticket holder. Don't get out much do you? Plenty of ways to leave the stadium without walking directly though tailgating set ups. Good thing you did come during the Dak years, the Junction was wild AF. It's tame (lame) now.

However, the dumbest thing about your post was that we "lucked" into the Baseball Natty.

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
Yes, long time season ticket holder. Don't get out much do you? Plenty of ways to leave the stadium without walking directly though tailgating set ups. Good thing you did come during the Dak years, the Junction was wild AF. It's tame (lame) now.

However, the dumbest thing about your post was that we "lucked" into the Baseball Natty.
I was a season ticket holder before and during the Dak years.

Lemonis did win the championship with recruits that weren’t his. I was in Omaha. The collapse that he has allowed is unforgivable.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Someone help me on the Selmon hate. Is it solely because he didn’t fire Lemonis? The football season still has a month left so I’m not sure exactly we what wanted him to do with that by now.

If he botches the football coaching situation then yeah that’s a major problem. But regarding Lemonis, there’s absolutely a case for allowing the only national title winning coach in the history of your school a little bit longer leash (I don’t care how many players were recruited by Cohen or Cannizaro, both had chances to win championships and didn’t do it so Lemonis absolutely deserves a lot of credit for 2021).

Selmon’s handling of baseball should be viewed totally independently of how he handles football. Two entirely different sets of circumstances and levels of importance to his future as a Power 5 AD.

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
Yea, Will should have 10 personnel with no tight ends, similar to what he has run the last 3 years. Wright should be rpo , designed runs. This is obvious. But we are clueless.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I was a season ticket holder before and during the Dak years.

Lemonis did win the championship with recruits that weren’t his. I was in Omaha. The collapse that he has allowed is unforgivable.
If you watched any of that season and think we somehow lucked into the natty, then there's no hope for you. Our entire identity for decades was baseball, we were one of a couple programs that actually put effort into it and we had exactly zero nattys before Lemonjuice. Not saying he should or should not have been fired, but he should always be held in high esteem for the 2021 season.

Reactions: She Mate Me

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
If you watched any of that season and think we somehow lucked into the natty, then there's no hope for you. Our entire identity for decades was baseball, we were one of a couple programs that actually put effort into it and we had exactly zero nattys before Lemonjuice. Not saying he should or should not have been fired, but he should always be held in high esteem for the 2021 season.
We won our championship with a coach who was likely our 4th or 5th choice and with recruits/players that our previous coach left to go be an AD. Which he was not qualified to be.

I’m glad we won it, but it wasn’t by intent scheme that it happened. It just happened.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
We won our championship with a coach who was likely our 4th or 5th choice and with recruits/players that our previous coach left to go be an AD. Which he was not qualified to be.

I’m glad we won it, but it wasn’t by intent scheme that it happened. It just happened.
There's just no hope for you. Who cares what choice he was? He closed the deal. You must have a miserable life.

Reactions: Perd Hapley

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
I agree with some of you on our new A.D. I have no idea on whether he is going to be any good on not. This I do know. I have never laid eyes on the guy. I have never received any communication from him. At least Scott Stricklin sent us a weekly e mail with his view on whatever was going on. I appreciated that communication. Made me feel like I was at least a small part of the program. I still write a check for what is a significant amount to me for the Bulldog club every year. Did not receive a courtesy thank you from him or anyone else that I remember. I have no idea on what his vision is for our athletic program or if he has one. I have no idea on his position regarding our baseball program or if he even cares. I have no idea on his position regarding our football program or if he even cares. I have no idea on whether he is actively fund raising for NIL opportunities or facilities. I have no idea if he is actually a real person or just some A.I. image.

I do know that I can take the money I spend every year on Bulldog Club, football tickets, parking pass, etc, and book a really nice Western hunting trip. Choices. We all have them. I have mentioned this before but sometimes I feel like us common fans and small time donors are kind of like the weird relatives at Thanksgiving that the host just wishes they would just go away on not come back. Every year we get just a little closer to making their wish come true.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Cirgars boys runs the show. They’re satisfied with the **** show for one more year. As they say…..it is what it is.
Yep they’ve got their access and country club buddies on the staff
BINGO!!!!!

We've had very few folks stand up to them over the years - Foglesong, Byrne, Mullen and Cohen. Everybody had their strengths and weaknesses but those guys were not going to put up with BS and wanted to be the best they could be. The only one we didn't want to run out of town at any particular time was Byrne - he was a unicorn of nice guy and balls.

Our AD right now reminds me of a smaller Auburn (before Cohen). Man I really didn't appreciate what we had at the time.

Duggar Hall Desk

Mar 2, 2008
I liked Coach Arnett as our DC. I was OK with giving him the HC gig under the circumstances. His "on the job training" has not gone well at all, so I wish him the best but I can't really understand giving this staff another season.

Duggar Hall Desk

Mar 2, 2008

In that case, you should probably stay off college campuses altogether. Not saying I love it - just saying it's not just MSU

ETK99

Jul 30, 2019
BINGO!!!!!

We've had very few folks stand up to them over the years - Foglesong, Byrne, Mullen and Cohen. Everybody had their strengths and weaknesses but those guys were not going to put up with BS and wanted to be the best they could be. The only one we didn't want to run out of town at any particular time was Byrne - he was a unicorn of nice guy and balls.

Our AD right now reminds me of a smaller Auburn (before Cohen). Man I really didn't appreciate what we had at the time.

Arnett is done barring some crazy turnaround. I'll go out on a limb and say that turnaround won't happen.

Nov 25, 2019

you have a 7 & 3 year old. You can't be that old...

Nov 25, 2019
Someone help me on the Selmon hate. Is it solely because he didn’t fire Lemonis? The football season still has a month left so I’m not sure exactly we what wanted him to do with that by now.

If he botches the football coaching situation then yeah that’s a major problem. But regarding Lemonis, there’s absolutely a case for allowing the only national title winning coach in the history of your school a little bit longer leash (I don’t care how many players were recruited by Cohen or Cannizaro, both had chances to win championships and didn’t do it so Lemonis absolutely deserves a lot of credit for 2021).

Selmon’s handling of baseball should be viewed totally independently of how he handles football. Two entirely different sets of circumstances and levels of importance to his future as a Power 5 AD.
I think it's because we don't hear anything from him. Byrne and Scott at least put out messages every Thursday for a while. I haven't seen Selmon make any comments about anything.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Has Selmon hired a coach yet? These are not his guys. He is going to want his. I can see him not firing the baseball coach at the end of last season. He the AD just arrived and the first act he does is fire a coach who just won a National Championship. As bad as I wanted him fired, I can see why it didn't happen. I have said in other threads that Arnett was a bridge until we got an AD. The buyout is very easy. He was being paid 9 million over 3 years and his buy out would be 50% of what is left on his contract if we fired him. That is a school advantage contract. I will not be surprised if Selmon fires them all and brings in his guys even if we get to a bowl game.

• Haha

Dawg84

Jul 28, 2015

I’ll have to agree with you on that. Although, I tailgate, and attend every home game, that raucous crap going on in the junction is pathetic.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login