I'm not a baseball fan....

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
But I lived to see a Mississippi State TEAM win a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP in one of the three big sports at the school. So many huge MSU fans didn't, my Dad, my aunt, and her husband didn't. I consider myself to be extremely privileged. It's amazing to me that we have people talking bad about the coach responsible for that, a HALF season later. That actually is THE most MSU thing ever.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
It's just trolls, dude. Don't feed them. Did you go to (or see pics of) the Alabama series? Our fans are still plenty into it and are supporting the team more than ever.

047Dog

Jan 29, 2020
The folks that don’t want to succeed in the real sports like football and basketball by saying “wait till baseball season, we are a baseball school” are getting their comeuppance.

The good thing is when you stink in baseball nobody else in the country cares. The same can’t be said for the main sports where millions of eyes actually watch.

msstate7

Nov 27, 2008
Anyone calling for lemonis to be fired is an idiot. With that said, if this season doesn't turn around, it's unacceptable to be this bad here. Doesn't mean I'd fire him for it, but he better not do it again next year. If there's one sport, where we should have high expectations every year, it's baseball

olblue.sixpack

Aug 23, 2012
The folks that don’t want to succeed in the real sports like football and basketball by saying “wait till baseball season, we are a baseball school” are getting their comeuppance.

The good thing is when you stink in baseball nobody else in the country cares. The same can’t be said for the main sports where millions of eyes actually watch.

I have news for you. Not many people outside of Mississippi are concerned about the state of the State football and basketball programs either.

Fogdog

Oct 6, 2014
Anyone calling for lemonis to be fired is an idiot. With that said, if this season doesn't turn around, it's unacceptable to be this bad here. Doesn't mean I'd fire him for it, but he better not do it again next year. If there's one sport, where we should have high expectations every year, it's baseball

Your and idiot...
Seriously? Better not do it again? Wow...just, wow.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
“This bad here”. We are 17-11 (4-5) in a rebuilding year where we lost our best pitcher.
And while it wasn’t known ahead of time, it was apparent early on that we lost our second best pitcher too.

None of that matters because we won’t be any worse next year. Not to mention a lot of other SEC teams WILL be worse.

“Unacceptable”, LOL. You must be 25 years old or something.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012

So it’s “unacceptable”, but you’ll still accept it this one time? Alrighty then.

msstate7

Nov 27, 2008
“This bad here”. We are 17-11 (4-5) in a rebuilding year where we lost our best pitcher.
And while it wasn’t known ahead of time, it was apparent early on that we lost our second best pitcher too.

None of that matters because we won’t be any worse next year. Not to mention a lot of other SEC teams WILL be worse.

“Unacceptable”, LOL. You must be 25 years old or something.

We're 73rd in RPI right now. Most likely on the outside looking In for the tourney. Yesterday was a huge step in the right direction though

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
We're 73rd in RPI right now. Most likely on the outside looking In for the tourney. Yesterday was a huge step in the right direction though

It was a big step to keep our post-season hopes alive but my word, took a 12 inning white knuckler to avoid our 3rd straight sweep at the hands of Arkansas. Amazing we held them to 3 runs in 12 innings with all of our pitching issues. Things are what they are for this year, my bigger concern is how do we get a lot of these issues corrected next year to get back to being an upper crust SEC team? Seems to me that we are going to have to hit the portal for pitchers in a big, big way.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
It was a big step to keep our post-season hopes alive but my word, took a 12 inning white knuckler to avoid our 3rd straight sweep at the hands of Arkansas. Amazing we held them to 3 runs in 12 innings with all of our pitching issues. Things are what they are for this year, my bigger concern is how do we get a lot of these issues corrected next year to get back to being an upper crust SEC team? Seems to me that we are going to have to hit the portal for pitchers in a big, big way.
If you can't see how great that game was yesterday, for a multitude of reasons, you can't be helped. I'm guessing you just looked at the box score and didn't watch the game at all. You didn't see Fristoe rise up. You didn't see the situations that we battled out of all game. You didn't see Hancock have a great day and look like he regained confidence.

As far as next year, that's really not a problem. COVID seniors all around the country will be leaving, bringing many teams back to earth. All the while we have elite freshman and sophomore classes on campus right now, and an elite incoming freshman class. These are the classes signed by Lemonis (I know the 2019 class - Sims, Tanner, etc. wasn't 100% recruited by him, but you get the picture). The roster is nearly completely his.

We will see if his strategy works or not, but I know one thing, they have the accolades. They may be a bunch of soft travel ballers, but at least they were highly recruited travel ballers. I prefer the Michigan way of recruiting, but Lemonis is a national-title winning coach, so I'm willing to see what he comes up with.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012

We have played 3 SEC series. The RPI always rises, win or lose, as you progress through the full season of playing in the #1 RPI conference. You know this.

Make no mistake, this isn’t a regional host team or a national seed, but they are getting better and figuring some things out. That’s all you can really ask for out of a team that’s essentially lost it’s entire weekend starting rotation and its closer TWICE in the past 9 months.

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
If you can't see how great that game was yesterday, for a multitude of reasons, you can't be helped. I'm guessing you just looked at the box score and didn't watch the game at all. You didn't see Fristoe rise up. You didn't see the situations that we battled out of all game. You didn't see Hancock have a great day and look like he regained confidence.

As far as next year, that's really not a problem. COVID seniors all around the country will be leaving, bringing many teams back to earth. All the while we have elite freshman and sophomore classes on campus right now, and an elite incoming freshman class. These are the classes signed by Lemonis (I know the 2019 class - Sims, Tanner, etc. wasn't 100% recruited by him, but you get the picture). The roster is nearly completely his.

We will see if his strategy works or not, but I know one thing, they have the accolades. They may be a bunch of soft travel ballers, but at least they were highly recruited travel ballers. I prefer the Michigan way of recruiting, but Lemonis is a national-title winning coach, so I'm willing to see what he comes up with.

Who said it wasn't a great game? I will say though it would have been a much better game to me had we beaten their asses 15-3 without having to go extras.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login