I'm slowly becoming a Caitlyn Clark fan

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
I'll never watch a WNBA game, so I can't say I'm a fan from that perspective. But I appreciate her so far dogged stance that she's just there to play basketball and refusal to enter the fray on non-basketball issues. In a world full of loud mouths, willing to bloviate about any issue, she has shown great self control, restraint and a single-minded focus.

Debo77

Dec 21, 2022
I'll never watch a WNBA game, so I can't say I'm a fan from that perspective. But I appreciate her so far dogged stance that she's just there to play basketball and refusal to enter the fray on non-basketball issues. In a world full of loud mouths, willing to bloviate about any issue, she has shown great self control, restraint and a single-minded focus.

I agree....I have always respected her talent and watched Iowa games to see her talent but always rooted against her.....I now root for her amidst all the nonsense

Reactions: CWW and Roosterbell

Crutcher

Feb 2, 2022

If you ever watched a WNBA game you would realize all the anti-Clark stuff is made up media click bait. If you ever watched a game you would see all the hugs and smiles after the games. They appreciate what she is bringing to the league, as well as Angel Reese. They were both voted to the all-star game.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
If you ever watched a WNBA game you would realize all the anti-Clark stuff is made up media click bait. If you ever watched a game you would see all the hugs and smiles after the games. They appreciate what she is bringing to the league, as well as Angel Reese. They were both voted to the all-star game.

That'll never happen.

I did see a compilation video on X of players allegedly intentionally missing passes from Clark. Based on the video there are 2 options: 1. wNBA players completely suck b/c they were missing passes from Clark that hit them dead in the hands or 2. They were doing it on purpose to hurt Clark's status.

May 28, 2024
That'll never happen.

I did see a compilation video on X of players allegedly intentionally missing passes from Clark. Based on the video there are 2 options: 1. wNBA players completely suck b/c they were missing passes from Clark that hit them dead in the hands or 2. They were doing it on purpose to hurt Clark's status.
WNBA officials and media would call that a ''conspiracy theory''.

Crutcher

Feb 2, 2022
That'll never happen.

Again, if you watch the games instead of selected video clips, you would see what is happening in context. I've seen these videos of which you speak, and they are entirely clickbait. For example, Clark and Boston don't hate each other, they are the closest duo on the team. They both made each other all-stars.

Crutcher

Feb 2, 2022
Again, if you watch the games instead of selected video clips, you would see what is happening in context. I've seen these videos of which you speak, and they are entirely clickbait. For example, Clark and Boston don't hate each other, they are the closest duo on the team. They both made each other all-stars.
I just saw an AI altered video conference that was the complete opposite of what was said by WNBA players. The actual interviews show much respect, not a few seconds of selective editing that show a false impression.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Uh huh

adcoop

Jul 3, 2023
That'll never happen.

You can put together a compilation video to push whatever agenda you want to in a basketball game. Those videos are similar to the ones depicting NBA refs missing traveling calls to push the agenda that college refs call the game better.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crutcher

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
...They appreciate what she is bringing to the league, as well as Angel Reese. They were both voted to the all-star game.
A fallacious system - in ALL sports. It's time for AI to select these teams - using recognized metrics.

adcoop

Jul 3, 2023
A fallacious system - in ALL sports. It's time for AI to select these teams - using recognized metrics.
Bingo. For there to be 3 WNBA All-Stars from a 8-13 team (The Fever) is comical. Clark, while rightly being left off the Olympic team, is a Top 24 player in the league and deserving. Boston is borderline given her start. Even though I love Aliyah, I didn't vote for her due to their record. Kelsey Mitchell being selected is a joke. All she does is chuck shots. Some of them have to go in. She brings absolutely nothing else to the game. I am wishing for the day when it is about the game again. Crowd size is important to the bottom line. However, we shouldn't be constantly hearing about crowd size when the team/player responsible for that crowd is taking 20 point losses.

Last edited:

Crutcher

Feb 2, 2022
Bingo. For there to be 3 WNBA All-Stars from a 8-13 team (The Fever) is comical. Clark, while rightly being left off the Olympic team, is a Top 24 player in the league and deserving. Boston is borderline given her start. Even though I love Aliyah, I didn't vote for her due to their record. Kelsey Mitchell being selected is a joke. All she does is chuck shots. Some of them have to go in. She brings absolutely nothing else to the game. I am wishing for the day when it is about the game again. Crowd size is important to the bottom line. However, we shouldn't be constantly hearing about crowd size when the team/player responsible for that crowd is taking 20 point losses.
For years people complained that nobody cares about women's basketball. Then it became "nobody cares about the WNBA". Now people seem to care a lot as this thread indicates. If WBB were a stock, it would be a "buy".

Reactions: kidrobinski

adcoop

Jul 3, 2023
For years people complained that nobody cares about women's basketball. Then it became "nobody cares about the WNBA". Now people seem to care a lot as this thread indicates. If WBB were a stock, it would be a "buy".
It's a buy with a concern. Too many of the new fans care about everything, but the game. What does that say if it is 3 years down the road and the Fever is still a mediocre to bad basketball team? Too many people come in caring about one person. If they don't grow to appreciate other players, the Fever either end up being an elite team or the league goes back to what it was.

Whiterockcock69

Joined Sep 12, 2010
Jan 31, 2022
Aliyah was an All Star before Caitlin joined her thank you. I have follow this stuff pretty closely. Most of stuff is overblown and can be directly traced back to Hawkeye/Fever fans who were threatening to get and have jawbones constantly about everything under the sun to explain the lack of Fever success.

I dropped off all of my Fever websites because it was so hard to listen to them throw everyone under the bus. I don’t have anything against CC. She’s a brat but hopefully she’ll grow out of that. That brattiness causes acceptance problems for her. I think she will be fine in the long run.

In regard to her turnovers I think this is a function of teamwork and practice and will improve. A lot of her turnovers are on those aggressive passes where the connection doesn’t get made. Pass is a little off, low, behind, or the receiver just can handle it or just blows it. It’s all good. Iowa fans are happy because she’s a talent and they are proud of her. It’s going to take time for acceptance and it will come.

adcoop

Jul 3, 2023
Aliyah was an All Star before Caitlin joined her thank you. I have follow this stuff pretty closely. Most of stuff is overblown and can be directly traced back to Hawkeye/Fever fans who were threatening to get and have jawbones constantly about everything under the sun to explain the lack of Fever success.

I dropped off all of my Fever websites because it was so hard to listen to them throw everyone under the bus. I don’t have anything against CC. She’s a brat but hopefully she’ll grow out of that. That brattiness causes acceptance problems for her. I think she will be fine in the long run.

In regard to her turnovers I think this is a function of teamwork and practice and will improve. A lot of her turnovers are on those aggressive passes where the connection doesn’t get made. Pass is a little off, low, behind, or the receiver just can handle it or just blows it. It’s all good. Iowa fans are happy because she’s a talent and they are proud of her. It’s going to take time for acceptance and it will come.
Don't get me wrong, I wasn't downing Aliyah as a player. I know that she was an All-Star last year. However, I thought a few other players were more deserving this year due to her slow start. That was not her fault as she was asked to adjust her style of play to fit what Caitlin does as opposed to the other way around. Nonetheless, I felt the Center from the Storm has played better so far. Also, you have players like Dijonai Carrington and Betnijah Laney-Hamilton that are making major contributions to championship level teams left off while a gunner like Kelsey Mitchell is on the All-Star team just because she plays with Caitlin Clark.

Latest posts