In other NCAA news...they killed the fake slide.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
Meanwhile, what is supposed to constitute targeting is a shitshow.

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
How are they able to do that in under a week but the targeting issue has been a problem for years

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
How are they able to do that in under a week but the targeting issue has been a problem for years

Well the problem with targeting is that they can’t simply do away with the penalty or they’ll get crucified because it will appear as though they’re sacrificing player safety. The idea behind the targeting penalty is a good one and a needed one, but the application has been nebulous and wildly inconsistent. They also need to separate head related targeting from “defenseless player” targeting.

Institution is easy, refinement is harder.

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
No, you are correct,

but they could set some parameters, like

2nd time in a half, gets your team an automatic time out.

ETC....

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
Clawson is a better man than I am, because I would’ve told my defenders that on the very next offensive play for Pitt, I want you to obliterate him. I don’t care if it’s a late hit, just don’t get called for targeting. Lay him out. That was a bush league move.

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
Clawson is a better man than I am, because I would’ve told my defenders that on the very next offensive play for Pitt, I want you to obliterate him. I don’t care if it’s a late hit, just don’t get called for targeting. Lay him out. That was a bush league move.

Agree 100%. If I was the Pitt HC I would have told my QB to never pull that crap again if he wanted to keep his health. NCAA knew that DCs were at the ready to start "coaching" against the fake slide.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login