Interesting that Kiffin wasn't at the Conerly**

patdog

May 28, 2007
I fully expect Cutcliffe to retire to Oxford, maybe taking a part-time off-field offensive analyst job at Mississippi to help recruit young Manning.

oxfordrebel22

Oct 31, 2013
I wonder if the Mannings would want Arch to play for Kiffin. This was a big thing when Peyton came out - not wanting to play for Tubs and really respecting Cut. The family seemed to want Peyton and Eli mentored by good people. Do they think Kiffin is that? It might be Ole Miss could be in a better spot with a different coach recruiting Arch.

If Lebby is gone I think Ole Miss’s chances of landing Arch drop substantially. And I’m not claiming to be some insider, I’m not, but that’s not me guessing either. If Lebby is at Ole Miss when Arch signs, I expect Ole Miss to land him. If he’s not, I don’t think they do.

So, if we are being honest, the odds aren’t good. Unless Ole Miss holds onto him one more year, and Arch commits in February or March and then honors his commitment even though Lebby takes a HC job next December. Which is possible, I suppose. I figure once he commits they’ll shut it down.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login