Introducing the Balconies at Davis Wade...

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Say it with me. Chair back the lower stadium. Decrease capacity. Keep the cheap seats the cheap seats. Who wants a balcony way the 17 up there.

I guess this means no south end changes any time soon.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I hear a lot of complaining but it was dead space anyways. No one was buying those tickets and it was going to be empty. What do we have to lose? NOTHING! Hell I am reading a lot of same bad things said about the new left field lounge before they tore down the old. Now everyone is happy about the new left field lounge. Give it a chance. Even if it fails it was still going to be dead space anyways. Some of you act like they are taking premium seating away. There is a potential positive. The upper deck will be showed on TV now. It is going to spark interest by the rest of college football.

Last edited:

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
"That area of the stadium" he's talking about and where these glorified standing room only areas will be is sections 312, 313, 301, and 302. Nothing to do with what you're talking about. Edit: Sorry HotRock, just saw you posted same thing....

Last edited:

Miketice

Sep 2, 2013
I hear a lot of complaining but it was dead space anyways. No one was buying those tickets and it was going to be empty. What do we have to lose? NOTHING! Hell I am reading a lot of same bad things said about the new left field lounge before they tore down the old. Now everyone is happy about the new left field lounge. Give it a chance. Even if it fails it was still going to be dead space anyways. Some of you act like they are taking premium seating away. There is a potential positive. The upper deck will be showed on TV now. It is going to spark interest by the rest of college football.

Looks good to me. Like you say we weren't selling **** up there anyway. I can see getting your drink on and having a good *** time.

was21

May 29, 2007
Until somebody gets drunk and falls off the side or simply tumbles down and falls on the lower deck

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
It’s not a bad concept. When I went to games, I often spent most of my time standing on the northwest side ramp watching the game.

Some folks just hate sitting.

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
[TWEET]1539639899896180743[/TWEET]

Lord have mercy, are they doing permanent modifications to the stadium for that ugly crap? Just when you think the cabanas in the south end zone is as bad as it can get, along comes this John Cohen design

Beretta.sixpack

Oct 29, 2009
there for a sec i thought you said $333 per person

Doing the math on this more - it's really not a bad deal.

For the 25 person "box" - $2700 deposit + (25 season tickets x $225) = $333/person.

10 person box = $495/person if you purchase the maximum number of season tickets.

A Balcony ticket will be scanned at any stadium gate, the same as all other game tickets, and will be required to be presented to the Bulldog Suites attendant at the Balcony entrance portal in order to enter the area. Fans with tickets to other seating areas will not be allowed entry.

Each Balcony purchaser must purchase a minimum of eight season tickets for their Balcony. These season tickets will be sold at the same price as they have been in past seasons at the ends of the west side upper deck ends ($225 per ticket).

Additional occupants may be allowed in your Balcony if your space's maximum capacity has not been reached and they present a valid Balcony ticket to the Bulldog Suite attendants. For example, if you hold one of the boxes with 10 spots, but only purchased the minimum eight season tickets, two friends/family members/etc. would then able to buy a single-game Balcony ticket to join you for contests of their choosing.

and i laughed.....

bruiser.sixpack

Aug 13, 2009
If they can create this in the existing sections way up in the sky, why couldn’t they do the same thing in the 2 corners between the Field House and East and West sides of the stadium at a much lower level. Just build the risers in those open areas and create this same concept Then down the road modify the field house to a similar design on the outside without completely tearing it down and building something new.

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008
Really don’t understand the hate for this. I think it’s a great idea. It’s obviously not for everyone- but it’s only a few hundred people max. It doesn’t have to be for everyone.
As for the pricing, it’s cheaper than a standard tailgate setup from Southern Tradition and it’s AT the game. It’s less than half the price of the gridiron club per person and not nearly as crowded, plus you can actually SIT and watch the game. In your own comfortable tailgate chair. Obviously the gridiron includes food and drinks and air conditioning, they’re not directly comparable. But the cost is really not directly compatible either.
This is middle class premium.

Edit: before anyone questions it, the comparison to Tailgate setup cost does not factor the cost of the tickets, only the 2700 vs the 3500.

Last edited:

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
It’s not a bad concept. When I went to games, I often spent most of my time standing on the northwest side ramp watching the game.

Some folks just hate sitting.
I'm one of them. That's one reason I do like the Scoreboard club.

Miketice

Sep 2, 2013
Until somebody gets drunk and falls off the side or simply tumbles down and falls on the lower deck

Gotta expect an injury here and there. On a side note. I saw a dude tumble down the upper deck at the super dome at a Monday night game in 2008 or 7. Seemed to be ok when he stopped. But from an entertainment stance it was a 9 out of 10. So i think it could add to the DWS atmosphere.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
It's a money maker that appears to be half sold already. They'll sell them all and make money. It's not my thing but make that damn money! We need every cent we can make.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
First things first, there’s not a bad seat in the house at Davis Wade stadium. The price really isn’t bad, even if it’s split between just a couple of guys and their families. I can’t do it this year but that’s looking pretty good for next season. The sky dog boxes would be better with some shade but we’ve all dealt with the heat at some point in this stadium.

BoomBoom.sixpack

Aug 22, 2012

Agreed, but the AD sure as hell should also be looking hard at why attendance has decreased to where we have, and expect to continue to have, dead space, and start addressing that core problem rather than papering it over with half *** box seating areas.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
Really don’t understand the hate for this. I think it’s a great idea. It’s obviously not for everyone- but it’s only a few hundred people max. It doesn’t have to be for everyone.
As for the pricing, it’s cheaper than a standard tailgate setup from Southern Tradition and it’s AT the game. It’s less than half the price of the gridiron club per person and not nearly as crowded, plus you can actually SIT and watch the game. In your own comfortable tailgate chair. Obviously the gridiron includes food and drinks and air conditioning, they’re not directly comparable. But the cost is really not directly compatible either.
This is middle class premium.

Edit: before anyone questions it, the comparison to Tailgate setup cost does not factor the cost of the tickets, only the 2700 vs the 3500.

I won’t say that I hate it. But I strongly dislike it, mainly because its a half-measure. First off, financially you’re replacing the revenue potential of about 2,000 seats at $225 each ($450,000 annual revenue potential) with room for about 500 people paying somewhere from $300–$600 each ($150,000-$300,000 revenue potential). So less revenue potential per season, and you’re spending $2.5 million to do it. Yes, its true that those seats often go unused so it could be argued that its a net positive, but even if so its about a 10 year payback on that $2.5 million, and that’s assuming you never sell any seats for any games in any of those sections…..for 10 years. If, heaven forbid, we return to a level of 2014-2018 where we are winning 8+ games per year and the demand for those seats returns, we can no longer fill it.

The concept as a whole isn’t flawed. This would be a great thing to do in the south end zone, which is the first big eyesore and missing revenue opportunity. M-Club should have been brought to the ground a bare minimum of 10 years ago. The second biggest is the West Side upper deck and club level / press box are dated as hell, and honestly both need to be completely demolished and rebuilt from scratch to more modern standards. This current project accomplishes neither, and actually delays both by putting lipstick on a pig and wasting money that could be used on a more thorough renovation….even if it has to happen a few years down the road.

Last edited:

archdog

Aug 22, 2012
Give them credit for trying. I feel like MSU's attendance could be rough this year. I don't know anyone planning to attend more games today than they did a few years ago. The living room / couch is kicking MSU's ***.

$4,500 seems reasonable.

Wish you could have a grill. I'm interested to see how this 'retractable shade' works.

The university should pair this with a 10x20 tent with catered food in the junction. Make it a "party" pass for inside and outside the stadium. Whenever they decide to hire me to redo the M club building, and my ideas for a two sided party deck on the second floor becomes a reality for tailgating elites, tailgating ceremonies, etc. the university will have someone no one else has in college football.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Agreed, but the AD sure as hell should also be looking hard at why attendance has decreased to where we have, and expect to continue to have, dead space, and start addressing that core problem rather than papering it over with half *** box seating areas.

I think there are numerous reason. The product on the field. TV. Soccer and hunting. I go because I enjoy being in the stadium. I will always buy season tickets. I might move around from season to season as to where I sit but I will buy tickets. I wish they would just go ahead and chairback the entire stadium. If ticket sells goes back up and there is a waiting period for them then expand the stadium.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login