Iran

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Out of the many, many, many stupid decisions we made pertaining to the Gulf War(s), taking out Saddam was up there. Should have left him in place, with US SF body guards, and let Iraq fight all our middle eastern wars.

in before the
Glitch Art GIF by Mental Barf

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
Yes, Saddam should have been happy being on the payroll and not having designs on all his uber-wealthy neighbors. Seems we could have renegotiated his contract with a little effort.

But then again.... Halliburton.

Reactions: Dawgg and tbaydog

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Technically we should have taken Iran out when they took over our embassy. Then again that was the late 1970's and our military sucked, and we had the Walker family giving all our secrets away. Just look at the botched rescue attempt. We probably would have loss.****

Reactions: Leeshouldveflanked

Howiefeltersnstch

Dec 28, 2019
The crazy part is this administration, as did Obamas administration, seem to support Iran. Why ?? Why would we hold Israel back from hitting their nuclear facilities ? And you are spot on about Saddam. He was a good deterrent against Iran. Maybe that's why we toppled him. The Bushes and Obamas are pretty tight it seems

• Haha
Reactions: dorndawg

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
The crazy part is this administration, as did Obamas administration, seem to support Iran. Why ?? Why would we hold Israel back from hitting their nuclear facilities ? And you are spot on about Saddam. He was a good deterrent against Iran. Maybe that's why we toppled him. The Bushes and Obamas are pretty tight it seems
He was a good deterrent for Iran, but he was also a threat to our allies. Not saying you are wrong. We could have kept him down financially just like we were doing with Iran up to about three and half years ago. That's how you handle bad countries, hit them in the pocketbook so they don't have the money to do what Iran has been free to do the past several years.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I happened to be downrange when Iran captured two of our boats in 2016 (very close to where it occurred), I know we had fighters in the air near enough to protect our assets. There is no doubt in my mind we didn't protect our resources/personnel so we could openly send Iran pallets of cash in exchange for prisoner release.

Howiefeltersnstch

Dec 28, 2019
I happened to be downrange when Iran captured two of our boats in 2016 (very close to where it occurred), I know we had fighters in the air near enough to protect our assets. There is no doubt in my mind we didn't protect our resources/personnel so we could openly send Iran pallets of cash in exchange for prisoner release.
There are a lot of things our Gov't does that people just don't seem to notice. Or they say " well this administration is just dumb" and the facts are no they are doing what they want and know full well what the results will be. They have an agenda and if they have to eliminate a few people, or a lot, to make it happen that's not a problem

Reactions: MSUGUY

Beretta.sixpack

Oct 29, 2009
We aren't holding back Israel from hitting their nuclear facilities.....Twice in the last 30 years Israel has targeted nuclear facilities in conflicts, and twice they destroyed them. And twice the US told them not to. Israel will do what they want.

Howiefeltersnstch

Dec 28, 2019
Last time Iran launched missiles Biden said he would not support Israel if they did a meaningful retaliation. We are already slow rolling them on munitions. The thought that this administration would turn their back on Israel is not very far fetched. Without US support via arms shipments they would be in dire straits pretty quickly. I would give them all the assistance they need annihilating Iran if I were prez. Especially the nuke facilities

Reactions: DAWGSANDSAINTS

LOTRGOTDAWGFAN

May 23, 2022
The best thing the West should do is just let these entities annihilate each other. As the late great Christopher Hitchens once said, these barbaric tribes have caused more harm, destruction, anguish and suffering, directly and indirectly, than any expansive empire in world history. Enough is enough.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
The best thing the West should do is just let these entities annihilate each other. As the late great Christopher Hitchens once said, these barbaric tribes have caused more harm, destruction, anguish and suffering, directly and indirectly, than any expansive empire in world history. Enough is enough.
Yup. Like the great Charlie Sheen said in the movie Navy Seals Bunch of **** blowing each other up like it’s a national pastime.

• Haha
Reactions: Darryl Steight
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login