Is anyone else getting a little wooly?

Fogdog

Oct 6, 2014
Well, with Kentucky...

I like our chances. I think physically our tackles are up to the task, it's the mental part I'm in wait-and-see mode about.

Shouting out snap counts and the refs ignoring it, we're good for about seven false starts in that game, alone. I don't know how Stoops sleeps at night.

PendingTransaction

Feb 2, 2019
If someone predicts us to go 6-6 or 7-5 then I will disagree but see the reasoning behind it. At the same time, Auburn is a dumpster fire and we play them at home. That should be a win. Kentucky has beaten 1 MSU team this century that finished with a winning record and Kentucky is 4-8 against the SEC West in the past 5 years. They are the biggest fraud in this conference and I for one am sick of hearing about how good they are just because they beat up on weak *** East teams and then get a Mud hole stomped in their *** when they play the West. Arkansas is at home and a team that we bring more back than along with being a team we should have beaten a year ago if we would have had a kicker. That is a game we should predict to win in my opinion. Ole Miss has no quarterback and lost everyone off of a team that was carried by a really good quarterback. It’s always a tossup but we
Have a better roster than they do this year. LSU went 6-6 last year and is bringing in a brand new scheme on both sides and doesn’t have a quarterback. A&M is a team that we Regularly beat and we have them at home.

Im not saying we beat all of those teams but it’s not hard to see where someone should be able to pick out am 8 win prediction with what we have returning and what we picked up in the portal to fill needs.

Dang, KY has a better SECW win percentage than us.

RiceDawg

Aug 13, 2017
I been wooly since spring practice. Bout time that a lot of you open your eyes.

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
If anyone is going to get "woolly" this would be the time of year to do it!

KingBarkus

May 1, 2006
Mr. Cook has us losing to Arizona? Vegas has them at 2 wins! Anyone follow the VSIN sports betting network? Their lead data analyst was asked about a team under the radar poised to have a good year. Guess who he named?

msu86

Sep 17, 2015
That's the big thing that worries me. I'm hoping the OL signees we have had will fill those holes but we will have inexperience at OT that is hard to quick fix unless you are Bama.

All Im quoting is from a player I know on the offensive side of the ball. Folks keep talking about "best in the league"....that is silliness. Our QB's are running for their lives against 2's in the Spring. Granted, I have not spoken to him since Fall practice so hopefully things have changed. And if anyone can find a Chris Jones, Fletcher Cox, Preston Smith, or any other NFLish Dlineman like we are accustom to having I'm all ears.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
Mr. Cook has us losing to Arizona? Vegas has them at 2 wins! Anyone follow the VSIN sports betting network? Their lead data analyst was asked about a team under the radar poised to have a good year. Guess who he named?

link?

philduckworth

Feb 20, 2015
I'm worried about the OT's as well. Hopefully two guys will step up. As far as the schedule goes the conference schedule is no more tougher than years past Kind of use to it. Like you said at least our OOC P5 is not that good. Last year we were facing NC State who was good.

We don't get OT right and it's a long year. Hard to throw running for your life when they only rush 3.

That's the thing. Teams will only rush 3 all year. But against Leach's scheme that's still 1 on 1 versus our tackles. We won't score against good D-ends if Leach doesn't adjust.

Dawgzilla

Mar 3, 2008
Arizona has won 1 game out of their last 24 going back to 2019. 1 and 17ing 23. They are fighting with Vanderbilt and Kansas for the worst P5 team in the country.

Unless the plane flies east to get to Tucson with a layover in Equatorial Guinea for a nice meal of sauteed tapeworm, I wouldn't be to concerned about the jet lag.

Its only a 2 hour time difference, and you don't really get jet lag traveling East to West. We are playing at 8 pm local time, which is just 10pm central (11, here in ATL, which sucks). The team will get to sleep in a little Saturday morning, and I think they can handle playing after midnight.

The jet lag kicks in for teams traveling West to East. A lot of people have a hard time going to sleep earlier than usual, and then they have to wake up and get ready to play a game that may kick off before noon PT.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I really want to not be wooly but the closer it gets, the more wooly I get.

I’m also a dolphins fan and I’m getting wooly about them too. When reality hits in October, it’s going to hurt.

EarlDawg

Aug 23, 2012
I'm still at 6-6 but the wool is starting to thicken. Stay tuned. Drinking the kool-aid.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
This is Mississippi State football we're talking about, right? The higher the expectations, the harder your heart will be broken.

patdog

May 28, 2007
And I'll point out Arizona is 1-16 the last two seasons. I might fly out on Thursday instead of Friday just to be safe, but if we lose this game under any circumstances, it's gonna be a long season.

Bulldawg77

Dec 1, 2019
Its only a 2 hour time difference, and you don't really get jet lag traveling East to West. We are playing at 8 pm local time, which is just 10pm central (11, here in ATL, which sucks). The team will get to sleep in a little Saturday morning, and I think they can handle playing after midnight.

The jet lag kicks in for teams traveling West to East. A lot of people have a hard time going to sleep earlier than usual, and then they have to wake up and get ready to play a game that may kick off before noon PT.

This right hear for some reason folks are stuck on this 10 pm central game yet it's only 8 there in AZ. No jet lag, they will get there mid day Friday do a walk through and sleep in on Saturday get the to stadium around 5:45 and be ready to roll by 8:05.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login