Is Clemson really that good again? Serious question.

FootballLVR

Sep 25, 2023
We have closed the talent gap substantially the last few years. Ten years ago isn’t relevant now. If we don’t have key injuries between now and our Nov 30 game, we will give them all they want and perhaps then some!!
While I hope you are right, I'm feeling like we will lose by 3-4 touchdowns to them based on what I've seen so far this year. I don't care who they play or don't play. It's so hard to tell because we are so inconsistent and make so many stupid mistakes and penalties.

Anon1667100206

Oct 29, 2022
Their wins have come against the sisters of the poor, most with horrible defenses:
APP State - 2-4
NCST - 3-4
Stanford - 2-4
FSU - 1-5
WF - 2-4

Combined, other than a really good UGA team that blew out CU, these wins are coming against 🐃💩 talent. I think CU is perhaps the best team in the acc. The tallest midget award.

10 wins and 21 losses combined in CU’s wins.

You be the judge based on the above.

Clemson has three teams left on their schedule with a pulse. Louisville, PITT, and USC. Clemson lost convincingly to the only good team they’ve played. The EASY schedule isn’t CU’s fault, the acc is crap, but nevertheless it’s still a cupcake schedule.
Your team is the shortest midget in the SEC

Anon1667100206

Oct 29, 2022
They are good, not great. Maybe we should just focus on what we need to do to catch up. They don't use the portal. We do. Either we don't use the portal well or it's just not a great idea. We lose a bunch of players to the portal every year. They are one of the best at retaining players. I don't know what the answer is other than to look to the head coach and his philosophy. That may lead us to the problem.
Why you worrying about catching up with Clemson so much? Catch up with the SEC.

Yard_Pimps

Jul 11, 2022
We have closed the talent gap substantially the last few years. Ten years ago isn’t relevant now. If we don’t have key injuries between now and our Nov 30 game, we will give them all they want and perhaps then some!!
I was referencing them playing an easy schedule.

Hobcawcreekcock

Joined Dec 10, 2000 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 22, 2022
Your team is the shortest midget in the SEC
🖕 GFY, Vanderbilt would be in contention for the acc championship. You guys feast on the deaf and blind all season. Really looking forward to 11/30, when, barring injuries, Moo U will face the second best defense you’ll see in 2024, the other being UGA. You really are a dumb Fook. I’ll spell it out for you:

Latest 25 poll:

SEC - Texas #1, UGA #5, Bama #7, LSU #8, TENN # 11, A&M # 14, Ole Miss #18, Missouri #19

FOUR SEC teams in the top 10, EIGHT on the top 25.

Miami #6 and Moo U #10, PITT and SMU give the acc 1/2 the representation of the SEC conference schools in the top 25.

Your BLOWOUT loss is to an SEC team, the sisters of the poor you have beaten are 10-21 collectively. Conversely the Gamecocks three losses are to two top 10 teams, and #18. Your conference SUCKS SO bad that your school is SUING to the get F out of, you moron!

Really must suck to play in a sucking a$$ conference that is so bad, that your school has filed a law suit trying to run away from in court. LMAO at your GOR STUPIDITY!!!

Did I tell you to GFY? Oh, yea I did..

Cockopotomus

Nov 26, 2023
🖕 GFY, Vanderbilt would be in contention for the acc championship. You guys feast on the deaf and blind all season. Really looking forward to 11/30, when, barring injuries, Moo U will face the second best defense you’ll see in 2024, the other being UGA. You really are a dumb Fook. I’ll spell it out for you:

Latest 25 poll:

SEC - Texas #1, UGA #5, Bama #7, LSU #8, TENN # 11, A&M # 14, Ole Miss #18, Missouri #19

FOUR SEC teams in the top 10, EIGHT on the top 25.

Miami #6 and Moo U #10, PITT and SMU give the acc 1/2 the representation of the SEC conference schools in the top 25.

Your BLOWOUT loss is to an SEC team, the sisters of the poor you have beaten are 10-21 collectively. Conversely the Gamecocks three losses are to two top 10 teams, and #18. Your conference SUCKS SO bad that your school is SUING to the get F out of, you moron!

Really must suck to play in a sucking a$$ conference that is so bad, that your school has filed a law suit trying to run away from in court. LMAO at your GOR STUPIDITY!!!

Did I tell you to GFY? Oh, yea I did..
Shoot, vandy pretty much in contention for the SEC right now

BoneSpur

Jun 17, 2024
Clemson succeeds when they can play backups and still win. Beating up on the ACC and getting third and 4th stringer reps helps their first string rest (not take a beating). So, at the end of the year the team is much fresher than the other team it faces. We will see this unfortunately at the end of the year against us. There O and D will seem faster because they are fresher and more well rested.

Yard_Pimps

Jul 11, 2022
Clemson succeeds when they can play backups and still win. Beating up on the ACC and getting third and 4th stringer reps helps their first string rest (not take a beating). So, at the end of the year the team is much fresher than the other team it faces. We will see this unfortunately at the end of the year against us. There O and D will seem faster because they are fresher and more well rested.
More so than that it give valuable in game live reps to 2nd, 3rd and 4th string. That is more valuable than the resting in my opinion

will110

Joined Aug 17, 2018
Jan 20, 2022
I would agree with this. Texas is probably the best team with OSU and Oregon second and third. This is going to sound funny but Clemson winning it all is probably the best thing for college football in terms of slowing down NIL, the transfer portal madness, and self redshirting. I think Georgia got so worked up to play Clemson that they are dealing with a let down after that game. They are expected to be perfect and up every week which is hard to do.
Anything that has Clemson winning in it is a terrible catastrophe and shouldn't even be thought.

will110

Joined Aug 17, 2018
Jan 20, 2022
Honestly the ACC this year is why the conference champs shouldn't be guaranteed a top 4 seed in the expanded playoff. They should be guaranteed a spot in the playoff, but top 4 is crazy. Whoever ends up winning the ACC, whether Clemson, Miami, or a surprise, will be one of the bottom 3 or 4 teams to make the playoff.

Reactions: 3USC1801

Anon1667100206

Oct 29, 2022
Because I was replying to a post about closing the gap with Clemson. This OP was about Clemson. Catch up Einstein (or go back to taternet).
Closing the gap with Clemson, who some of you say play in a weak conference, helps your team how exactly? It doesn't win you a conference championship or get you in the playoffs....so like I said, Not Einstein, be concerned about closing the gap with teams in the SEC or your trophy case will remain empty!!!

Last edited:

FootballLVR

Sep 25, 2023
Closing the gap with Clemson, who some of you say play in a weak conference, helps your team how exactly? It doesn't win you a conference championship or get you in the playoffs....so like I said, Not Einstein, be concerned about closing the gap with teams in the SEC or your trophy case will remain empty!!!
I realize you are just here to troll. Yes, it is important to close the gap with the upper tier of SEC teams, but we play in a state with an ACC team. Those comparisons will always happen. When the Gamecocks went on the five year streak, Clemson fans were hoping to get things corrected to be able to compete. Other than being a troll, do you have any other attributes?

Anon1667100206

Oct 29, 2022
I realize you are just here to troll. Yes, it is important to close the gap with the upper tier of SEC teams, but we play in a state with an ACC team. Those comparisons will always happen. When the Gamecocks went on the five year streak, Clemson fans were hoping to get things corrected to be able to compete. Other than being a troll, do you have any other attributes?
No, the comparisons don't always happen from the Clemson side. Even during your five-year streak, Clemson was still winning their conference and going to high level aka BCS bowl games. Their focus was definitely on doing those things as well as making the playoffs and winning national championships over beating UofSC. So, once again how does competing with Clemson put any trophies in your trophy case??? It doesn't...with the exception of the yearly Palmetto Bowl trophy...which currently resides in Clemson. 73-43-4 overall record....not even a rivalry.

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
No, the comparisons don't always happen from the Clemson side. Even during your five-year streak, Clemson was still winning their conference and going to high level aka BCS bowl games. Their focus was definitely on doing those things as well as making the playoffs and winning national championships over beating UofSC. So, once again how does competing with Clemson put any trophies in your trophy case??? It doesn't...with the exception of the yearly Palmetto Bowl trophy...which currently resides in Clemson. 73-43-4 overall record....not even a rivalry.

The simple truth is that competing with clemson means we are improving at this point, and will compete better with SEC teams as well.

Now, carry on trolling

Anon1667100206

Oct 29, 2022
The simple truth is that competing with clemson means we are improving at this point, and will compete better with SEC teams as well.

Now, carry on trolling
Soooo......what you're saying is that Clemson is the standard, huh, even with your 5 year streak???? Lolololol!!! Now you troll on, troll on, troll on!!

Beanerball

Jul 17, 2023
They are good, mainly because they cut down on the stupid turnovers from last year. Their offensive stats are much better. But, they have to prove it still against Louisville, Pitt, and us before we know. The other games don’t matter as much.

Anon1680371778

Apr 1, 2023
Truthfully Clemson hasn't beaten a team that is capable of winning the MAC conference. The ACC has built the reputation over the years for being bad. This year is a whole other level of bad. The teams are absolutely atrocious. Just look at the teams Clemson has beaten then look at the horrific teams those teams has lost to. So no Clemson isn't back. They may make a playoff because of being the tallest midget but in no way shape or form are they back.

Hobcawcreekcock

Joined Dec 10, 2000 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 22, 2022
Truthfully Clemson hasn't beaten a team that is capable of winning the MAC conference. The ACC has built the reputation over the years for being bad. This year is a whole other level of bad. The teams are absolutely atrocious. Just look at the teams Clemson has beaten then look at the horrific teams those teams has lost to. So no Clemson isn't back. They may make a playoff because of being the tallest midget but in no way shape or form are they back.
Hell, I agree with you. In “closing the gap”, my thought is at the talent level, not wins and losses. If we played CU’s schedule we’d be 5-1 as well. If CU played our schedule you’d most likely have at least two, if not three, losses. CU is pushing to get into the SEC, be wary what you wish for….you get tough teams each Saturday. In the acc, that’s not nearly the case. In closing, it’s not up to Clemson to make the other acc member schools football programs better, that’s obviously on each member institution. The acc is horrific in football in 2024, that AIN’T Clemson’s fault..That’s about as cordial as I can be towards our rival…

Piscis

Aug 31, 2024
No they don’t and I’ll put money on it.
I doubt an 11-2 non ACC champ Clemson gets in considering the weakness of their schedule. Clemson can't help that the ACC is a total joke and that their conference schedule in particular is on the easy side for even an ACC team. If they lose the two games they play against decent competition I think it will be hard for the committee to put them in the playoff.

I think they go 12-1 and get in as ACC champs.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Does anyone else not realize this is a carbon copy of discussions we had back when Clemson was going to the CFP every year and playing for and winning titles?

will110

Joined Aug 17, 2018
Jan 20, 2022
I doubt an 11-2 non ACC champ Clemson gets in considering the weakness of their schedule. Clemson can't help that the ACC is a total joke and that their conference schedule in particular is on the easy side for even an ACC team. If they lose the two games they play against decent competition I think it will be hard for the committee to put them in the playoff.

The ACC champ is guaranteed a spot in the playoff.

Yard_Pimps

Jul 11, 2022

Almost every national pundit disagrees with you and Vegas does as well.

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login