Is Darcel McBath Leach’s Hevesy?

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
It sure does seem like it…two years in a row of no SEC level CB’s signed ain’t good. Seems like a good on the field coach, but doesn’t appear to be a crooter.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Hampton and Hardrick not SEC caliber? Looks like we have one committed, Collins, and will probably sign Rogers.

Simmer down, give them a chance to develop. Forbes and Richardson are your starters next year anyway, so we've got another year. I'm sure some of our hundreds of WRs could play it too. An athlete is an athlete. Tulu Griffin might give it a shot.

Last edited:

OliveBranchDAWG

Aug 22, 2012
Hampton and Hardrick not SEC caliber? Looks like we have one committed, Collins, and will probably sign Rogers.

Simmer down, give them a chance to develop. Forbes and Richardson are your starters next year anyway, so we've got another year. I'm sure some of our hundreds of WRs could play it too. An athlete is an athlete. Tulu Griffin might give it a shot.

Signing Rogers is less than 50/50. He’s visiting Miami again this weekend

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
Rogers looking very unlikely now. He like Cristobal. They got what looks like a real good JC kid coming in this weekend from Texas. And there are some other DBs in this class too. Its not time to panic yet. Plus don't forget Furdge in there also. Is does seem like a cluster17 tho.

Eleven Bravo

Aug 31, 2018
Is McBath the only person on our staff who recruits DB’s? I’m curious, because I really don’t know. I know that in the past our coaches were assigned a geographical area to recruit-not just recruiting by certain positions. I just am not clear on this, which is why I asked. If McBath is the only staff member recruiting DB’s, then it’s possibly something to look at.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Is McBath the only person on our staff who recruits DB’s? I’m curious, because I really don’t know. I know that in the past our coaches were assigned a geographical area to recruit-not just recruiting by certain positions. I just am not clear on this, which is why I asked. If McBath is the only staff member recruiting DB’s, then it’s possibly something to look at.
Tony Hughes and Jason Washington… Hughes in Mississippi and Washington still recruits Texas

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
They still have Collins and Miller and Singleton. Supposedly they are getting a couple juco guys. Khamari Terrell came for an official visit but no commitment,, no noise at all. Maybe it won't be a disaster

Last edited:

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Of course not. That doesn't stop Leeshouldveflanked's hate rant, though.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
I'm not overly concerned about corner in 2022 with Forbes and Richardson back there. 2023 will be interesting but you still have the rest of this cycle and the entire 2023 class until you are in absolute need of a plug and play corner. That's also time you have to develop some of these younger corners.

If there's a knock on McBath it's with some of the early evaluations. This is the second year now where we've had some corners commit early only to drop them late in the process when they didn't develop like we hoped and then we end up scrambling.

Sep 9, 2012
I stopped following recruiting closely a long time ago. Let me save you some stress and give you the cliff notes on what will happen.

The in state group will get split up pretty evenly. We will get ours. OM will get theirs. Some will go OOS.

At various points in time over the month leading up to NSD, you will think the class is falling apart one day and could finish amazingly the next day.

There will be at least 1 maybe 2 kids go off the rails and lie to the coaches or do something totally out of left field. OM will do their damndest to buy off someone right before NSD to flip to them, and he will go on to have a totally wasted career because some OM booster wanted to “stick it to MSU.”

In the end we will sign a solid but unspectacular class (at least on paper) that will finish around 25. It won’t be as bad as the sky is falling crowd thinks it will be. It won’t be as good as the sunshine crowd thinks it will be.

That’s about all you need to know.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
I'm not overly concerned about corner in 2022 with Forbes and Richardson back there. 2023 will be interesting but you still have the rest of this cycle and the entire 2023 class until you are in absolute need of a plug and play corner. That's also time you have to develop some of these younger corners.

If there's a knock on McBath it's with some of the early evaluations. This is the second year now where we've had some corners commit early only to drop them late in the process when they didn't develop like we hoped and then we end up scrambling.
Not only that, but 3 of the 5 defensive backs we need in the 3-3-5 are safeties, and we're doing fine there.

Junction John

Oct 22, 2014

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
I enjoy following recruiting. I understand its not for everyone and it can be up and down but that is just how it goes. Every croot is different, every year is different.

Sep 9, 2012
I enjoy following recruiting. I understand its not for everyone and it can be up and down but that is just how it goes. Every croot is different, every year is different.

It’s fine if you don’t take it too seriously. You have to accept recruiting for what it is and accept the fact that your team will NEVER sign everyone they want. Not even Alabama gets every single guy they go after.

Watching people flip the 17 out over every single player who may or may not go visit another school makes the whole thing absurd to me. Some of the people who live and die with every recruit and constantly think the football program is falling apart over 1-2 guys going elsewhere don’t have the emotional maturity to deal with it.

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
I stopped following recruiting closely a long time ago. Let me save you some stress and give you the cliff notes on what will happen.

The in state group will get split up pretty evenly. We will get ours. OM will get theirs. Some will go OOS.

At various points in time over the month leading up to NSD, you will think the class is falling apart one day and could finish amazingly the next day.

There will be at least 1 maybe 2 kids go off the rails and lie to the coaches or do something totally out of left field. OM will do their damndest to buy off someone right before NSD to flip to them, and he will go on to have a totally wasted career because some OM booster wanted to “stick it to MSU.”

In the end we will sign a solid but unspectacular class (at least on paper) that will finish around 25. It won’t be as bad as the sky is falling crowd thinks it will be. It won’t be as good as the sunshine crowd thinks it will be.

That’s about all you need to know.

Same. I stopped following recruiting in 2011 when people freaked out because we were ranked in the 40s.

That class included:

Dak
Slay
J Rob
B Mac
Rufas Warren
T. Calhoun
P. Smith

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login