Is it even possible to stay sober? And to not party?

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
For me, no question it is about the buzz
Same.
Today, I worked my job until 11:30. Then, went to the gym ("back" day). Refereed a girls high school lacrosse game at 6. When I got home, I drank one Miller Lite and now I'm drinking a big cup of "whoop juice" (whatever flavor of kool-aid is in the fridge + a long pour of Bacardi white rum).
Yes, I've got a buzz going. If that's wrong, then I confess that I'm guilty.

HomeBoyDawg

Oct 22, 2013
I can count on 1 hand the number of times and dark beers I’ve had in the last year and likely the same for about 15 years

reasons - I had my 1st child and that walk from the OR to the room made crystal clear my purpose

oldest just turned 15 - he has gotten up with me at 330a nearly everyday to lift since he turned 12 - he knows the drill - he’s not up I leave his rear (for that think I may force him)

after work, I’m either at the baseball facility or field with him and/or his younger brother working on their craft - some nights we get in late

so all that to say - I’m tired enough as it is and don’t need or want anything that slows me down or makes me feel more worn down

plus I like being “present” when I’m with my friends and family

another reason- I’ve seen what drugs and alcohol abuse can do to people you thought were bullet proof

another another reason- it makes it much easier to walk away from the emotional toll that MSU places on you
surprised family matters GIF

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login