Is it some kind of league tradition to..........

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
....rip the shirt off the guy who hits the game winning hit? Florida just walked off a win over UGA and the whole team chased the hitter all over the field just like we did to Dakota Hudson this afternoon. Just curious.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
....rip the shirt off the guy who hits the game winning hit? Florida just walked off a win over UGA and the whole team chased the hitter all over the field just like we did to Dakota Hudson this afternoon. Just curious.
Yeah that’s been around for a while.

Anon1664516582

Sep 30, 2022
He took it off… wasn’t stripped off… Sure I am in the minority… but I think it’s classless… Guarantee ya that if this had been reversed and done in Oxford… we would be bitching. If I was coaching… he would be getting hit in the ribs tmr in his first at bat….

But I am old school…

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
He was out in front of what was likely another pitch out the strike zone. It wasn't exactly a dribbler, but it wasn't one of his more solid hits. We're lucky it got through. And lucky the left fielder didn't get the ball in his glove.
Ole Miss has got to feel like dogsh!t for letting that game get away.
They have the better players at just about every position and a much better coach.
ha! 17'em.
Let's get lucky again today.

AlCoDog

Feb 27, 2008
Been happening in both college and MLB for years.

AlCoDog

Feb 27, 2008
He took it off… wasn’t stripped off… Sure I am in the minority… but I think it’s classless… Guarantee ya that if this had been reversed and done in Oxford… we would be bitching. If I was coaching… he would be getting hit in the ribs tmr in his first at bat….

But I am old school…
The amount of class some of you have is down right intimidating. Thankfully you’re here providing a measuring stick.

AlCoDog

Feb 27, 2008
He was out in front of what was likely another pitch out the strike zone. It wasn't exactly a dribbler, but it wasn't one of his more solid hits. We're lucky it got through. And lucky the left fielder didn't get the ball in his glove.
They have the better players at just about every position and a much better coach.
ha! 17'em.
I’ve said it many times before, with fans like ours, who needs enemies.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
ha! 17'em.
Thanks for your analysis Captain Wet Blanket.

Reactions: WrightGuy821

patdog

May 28, 2007
There was a time, not that long ago, when the 1st pitch those guys see today would be right at their earhole.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
In part popularized by Brandi Chastain in 99 after our World Cup victory.

How can anyone ***** about yesterday, it was a great day and great moment, enjoy it. Some of you guys must hate life.

Baby Boomers Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
ha! 17'em.
I was at the net behind home plate. That ball was hit better than you think. It had a bunch of topspin on it. It did have to be hit in the right spot, but all hits, except HRs, have to do that.

When you get a hit, it doesn't matter where the 💩'n pitch is.

Also they was no way in <17'n> hell ANY left fielder was going to throw out Ledbetter at home.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017

But I am an old fart sack

This isn't a Mississippi State/SEC/college baseball thing, it's an all of baseball thing. Tanner Leggett had his shirt ripped after his CWS game winner in 21'. Jose Altuve had his ripped off a few years ago after a walk off that exposed the Astros as cheating sorry pieces of ****.

Way to run down our own players for doing what everyone in baseball has done for half a decade or more scumbag.

Last edited:

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
1681654267495.gif

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020

But I am old school…

• Haha
Reactions: greenbean.sixpack

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
There was a time, not that long ago, when the 1st pitch those guys see today would be right at their earhole.
Well yeah and even if you looked at the pitcher wrong you would get one at your head. Ask Willie Mays about Bob Gibson.

Times change.

Reactions: msstatelp1

patdog

May 28, 2007
Well yeah and even if you looked at the pitcher wrong you would get one at your head. Ask Willie Mays about Bob Gibson.

Times change.
Not always for the better. I think the pendulum has swung a bit too far in the other direction.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008

But I am old school…

You would give a player a free trip to first base? That's incredibly stupid. Lemonis should be fired on the spot if he ever directs a pitcher to hit someone on purpose, OR if a pitcher does it on his own and Lemonis doesn't immediately pull him.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009

But I am old school…
I would probably think it sucked in Oxford yes.
I don’t think what Florida did sucked.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Not always for the better. I think the pendulum has swung a bit too far in the other direction.
Didn’t say it was better. It’s a little toomuch now. I don’t mind celebrating but some of the on base stuff is a little silly.

Reactions: patdog

mdm3045

Dec 8, 2018
First time I remember seeing it happen after walk off win in Starkville was a few years ago when Luke Alexander walked off OM. They ripped his jersey off after that one.

NWADawg

May 4, 2016
Didn't this originally start with soccer players doing it after scoring goals?

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
If I made that game winning hit I would have given all u 17ers the full monty treatment.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
If I made that game winning hit I would have given all u 17ers the full monty treatment.
And you'd get charged with a felony and hopefully prison time of about 6 mos. to a year. Then your prison inmate friends would be glad to monty you whether you liked it or not. I guessing here, you'd probably like it.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
And you'd get charged with a felony and hopefully prison time of about 6 mos. to a year. Then your prison inmate friends would be glad to monty you whether you liked it or not. I guessing here, you'd probably like it.
I’m guessing you never saw Slap Shot. **

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I bet you’re a blast at parties.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
First time I remember it was Forsythe doing it in the World Series. Boy, that was a long time ago........

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login