Is the Bowl Game streak at risk?

ChinaDogSunflower

Aug 26, 2012
From what I've seen from 3 games, the bowl streak is absolutely in jeopardy.

If we play and coach like we have the past 3 straight weeks and we likely won't win an SEC game

was21

May 29, 2007
State has made 13 straight bowl games dating back to the Gator Bowl against Michigan in 2011. In other words, as a grad student at State, the last time we missed a bowl game was when I was in the fourth grade. Question is, what are the odds that we get to 14 straight? Even JoMo kept the streak alive, albeit he had an EXTREMELY talented roster. How does this look on Arnett if the bowl streak is broken?
May be better to ask another question.

was21

May 29, 2007
I lived through Charlie Shira in the 1960’s. If I remember correctly we had a couple of ties but went 3 years without winning a game. We finally kicked a late field goal to beat the Richmond Spiders 17 - 14 at Scott Field. I was a kid but literally saw adult’s crying after the game. We also had some years where we won 1 or 2 games. Finally Bob Tyler came along and eventually made us competitive. While everyone is frustrated I assure you that used to be much worse. When I was in the 4th grade, we beat UM in Oxford ended an 18 year losing streak to them. That was in 63 I think. Played in and won the Liberty Bowl that year. It was our first bowl since the 1940’s. Stuff like that helps us older fans gain perspective these days. We don’t like it any more than anyone else, but life goes on and you can’t let sub par football make you miserable. You only get one life, don’t waste part of it agonizing over football, which you can’t personally fix anyway. Just food for thought from an older fan.
You must have been one of my classmates at State.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Staying out of last place in above .500 or above is our goal. We still have Alabama, Ole Miss, Kentucky, Texas A&M, Arkansas, and Auburn on the slate. We have our hands full with South Carolina this weekend and it just gets tougher after that. I'm not expecting anything.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login