It’s time for MSU to leave the SEC

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
What does telling who will win the football and basketball championships have to do with us leaving the SEC? You sound like you're high on something.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
This is what a Cathedral education gets you. SMH.
We don’t/can’t compete for championships.

We don’t need the SEC to be good at baseball.

Other than a nice paycheck, what are the advantages?

The money hasn’t helped MSU with basketball or football…or any other sport for that matter.

The constant let downs, inferior coaches, players and decision makers….it’s time to realize…we are light years behind and no amount of money will fix it.

None of it is fun anymore. It will continue to get worse. When does money out way the college experiences for our athletes?

I feel like we would get better players by being able to compete for hardware….rather than paying for them to come to MSU and lose to every big time program.

WE ARE NOT SERIOUS ENOUGH TO COMPETE IN THE SEC

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
So playing Alabama in a packed stadium on ESPN in prime time is a worse experience than playing against Boston College in front of 15,000 people on Bally Sports at 11 AM?

You may believe that, and that's fine. But most of our alumni and student athletes do not.

So you are saying an *** kicking in front of 100,000 people is better than an OT win at Boston College?
I can’t buy that

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
What’s all that money done for us? A baseball national championship?

I can already tell you who’s winning football and basketball championships this year…it’s January….amd I can pretty much tell you 3 teams that will win baseball.

What fun is that?

How would MSU leaving the SEC change your predictions for football, basketball, and baseball?
It wouldnt change your predictions, so why leave?

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
So you are saying an *** kicking in front of 100,000 people is better than an OT win at Boston College?
I can’t buy that

To quote a great man:

And FYI, in my scenarios above, we were the home team in both of those games.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
I had a guy ask me that same question in the late 80s in New Orleans. Old dude in a trench coat and hat comes up to me and my dad nonchalantly asks. Was too little to remember where exactly but I know it was down by the river.

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
Now that’s a low blow….which is on par for suckling Flash trash**

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
I had a guy ask me that same question in the late 80s in New Orleans. Old dude in a trench coat and hat comes up to me and my dad nonchalantly asks. Was too little to remember where exactly but I know it was down by the river.

Funny to think how things could be different, for all of us.*****

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
The truth hurts. The American Revolution was the same way.

Funny you bring up the Revolution because what you are talking about is not the American Revolution, it's the French in WW2.

We may have gotten the **** kicked out of us for our first 90 years in the SEC but the next 10 will be ours... Because much like Washington crossing the Delaware on Christmas night, we got the 17ers overconfident now. We already one our first battle last summer in Omaha.. This little boat's about to cross the river mother17er and I have 3 words for you...

View attachment 23646

Last edited:

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012

EXACTLY!!11!1!1! It's like everyone wants to be a movie star, but other than the casual sex with hot women, what are the advantages? Never understood why more movie stars don't go to work for the DMV or why more SEC teams don't try to get into the Sunbelt.

047Dog

Jan 29, 2020
Looks like another pre-madonna has hit the portal. Can’t even redshirt guys anymore cuz they are ready to jump ship. SMDH.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I like you Lettuce. Never met you but anyone who was a friend of Pickle is a friend of mine but you are wrong.

Yes, we might be not as successful as you want every year but the exposure and prestige of being in the SEC is better than the other conferences. Anyone who wants to invest in our school, sports program, or NIL won't put big money in a program that belongs to the Sun Belt conference.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Say you’ve been day drinking without saying you’ve “been day drinking”

The money hasn’t helped MSU with basketball or football…or any other sport for that matter.

The constant let downs, inferior coaches, players and decision makers….it’s time to realize…we are light years behind and no amount of money will fix it.

None of it is fun anymore. It will continue to get worse. When does money out way the college experiences for our athletes?

I feel like we would get better players by being able to compete for hardware….rather than paying for them to come to MSU and lose to every big time program.

Bravo, sir.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
To be honest it wouldn’t be a surprise if the SEC doesn’t exist in 10 years… The BAMA, UGA’s, LSU’s, A&M, UK’S , FLA , OK’s, Texas and Tenn of the world could branch off into their own Super Conference with ND, PSU, OHioState, Oregon, Michigan, USC etc.
That’s why we HAVE to be good in Football and to lesser extent Basketball to stand a chance to make the cut.

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
Funny you bring up the Revolution because what you are talking about is not the American Revolution, it's the French in WW2.

We may have gotten the **** kicked out of us for our first 90 years in the SEC but the next 10 will be ours... Because much like Washington crossing the Delaware on Christmas night, we got the 17ers overconfident now. We already one our first battle last summer in Omaha.. This little boat's about to cross the river mother17er and I have 3 words for you...

View attachment 23646

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Lettuce, I say this with all due respect...

Delete your SPS account, cancel your internet subscription, throw your computers, tablets, and phones into the street and set them on fire, then walk into the town square with your head hanging while somebody walks behind you ringing a bell and shouting “Shame! Shame!”

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
Lettuce, I say this with all due respect...

Delete your SPS account, cancel your internet subscription, throw your computers, tablets, and phones into the street and set them on fire, then walk into the town square with your head hanging while somebody walks behind you ringing a bell and shouting “Shame! Shame!”

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
To be honest it wouldn’t be a surprise if the SEC doesn’t exist in 10 years… The BAMA, UGA’s, LSU’s, A&M, UK’S , FLA , OK’s, Texas and Tenn of the world could branch off into their own Super Conference with ND, PSU, OHioState, Oregon, Michigan, USC etc.
That’s why we HAVE to be good in Football and to lesser extent Basketball to stand a chance to make the cut.

I think that's a possibility, but not likely. The presidents and athletic direcotrs and coaches at those schools aren't going to want to deal with the nightmare of playing against similarly situated schools every game. They'll also lose a ton of market doing that, so the extra money won't be worth it.

I think it's also possible that rather than having a super conference, they get more serious about cutting deadweight. It's probably not in those school's best interest to cut out every smaller market school, but they really don't need two schools from Mississippi, Iowa, Kansas, etc. Nor do they need more than three schools in texas or Florida (or maybe not even more than two?). I think this one is less likely even though it makes more sense because you won't see a dismantling of any conference under this plan, which makes it hard to do legally. Conferences would likely have to abandon all their IP and just start over with new names.

coursesuper

Nov 1, 2007

While I understand your premise here, and frankly understand where you are coming from the university can’t afford to leave the league. We as an alumni base are entirely to fractured to match the revenue stream needed to accomplish this. I agree the landscape of college athletics has changed for the worse and from here on out schools like us will struggle to keep up, mostly on the football field. That said, we need the welfare check to keep the rest of it from sinking.

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012

We can't compete for championships? In football, no but neither can most of the SEC! In the last 20 years 5 teams out of 14 have won SEC championships. In the last 58 years 6 teams. The last year a team not named Tenn, Auburn, LSU, GA, FLa or Bama won the SEC? 1963 ole miss. You don't hear any of the other 9 teams talking about leaving. What does an BCS school in MS that is not in the SEC look like? Hmm...let's see...oh yeah, USM. Is that what you want? If so you are NUTS!

As far as baseball is concerned, the undisputed top conference for baseball is the SEC. You are delusional if you think it would not hurt State's baseball program if they left the SEC. It would.

In short leaving the SEC is about the dumbest idea I have ever read on this board.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
What’s all that money done for us? A baseball national championship?

I can already tell you who’s winning football and basketball championships this year…it’s January….amd I can pretty much tell you 3 teams that will win baseball.

What fun is that?

What fun is it at least being in the conversation for a national championship in baseball? I mean, I enjoy it. I'd rather it be about football or basketball, but I'd rather be in the conversation about baseball than hoping it's one of the one or two times a decade that a non-P5 school wins, and that of those roughly 234 non-P5 schools competing, that we're the one that wins it.

tacodawg

Jan 2, 2020

Take whatever you just said, because clearly I didn’t read all of that ********, and shove it right up your ***.

Barkman Turner Overdrive

May 28, 2006

I had that happen late one night at a Wal Mart in the mid 1990s. Dude was found in the retention pond. It is now in a real rough part of town, so that probably isn’t the only dead body found there.

PhredPhantom

Mar 3, 2008
This would be the equivalent of all the guys lately who can't win in men's sports so they decide they'll *say* that they are female so they can compete against women just to be able to win something.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
That's like moving to a ****** neighborhood bc you don't have the nicest house.

Enjoy the neighborhood and stop thinking so hard.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login