It’s time for MSU to leave the SEC

Dawgpile

May 23, 2006

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
You do realize that if we left the SEC, we would lose all the money we get from the conference, which funds the athletic department. If we join a smaller conference, we would get a small percentage of what we get now. Which means we couldn’t pay our coaches as much, couldn’t spend as much on recruiting, or facilities, etc. So we wouldn’t be a big dog in a little conference because we wouldn’t be making SEC money and our alumni base isn’t big enough to make up the difference. Basically we would turn into Southern Miss.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
What’s all that money done for us? A baseball national championship?

I can already tell you who’s winning football and basketball championships this year…it’s January….amd I can pretty much tell you 3 teams that will win baseball.

What fun is that?
I will take that bet. You name the football, basketball, and I’ll give you 3 picks for baseball NC, you get $100. If you are wrong about any of the three, which you said you know, you owe me $100.

Aug 15, 2011
Ole Miss would love this idea. Making them the premier Power 5 school in...

a state full of football talent, the right coach would build them into a perennial top 10 school in football. In other words, this is a terrible idea. We won a national championship in baseball in the toughest conference. I'll take being one of the best in 1 of the big 3 sports and having an athletic bank account that is the envy of 90% of NCAA schools over becoming Southern Miss.

tcdog70

Sep 24, 2012
ha ha--Tulane and Ga Tech agree with you--look at the new heights they achieved by by saying AMF to the SEC. # 1 thing MSU has going for it is the SEC.

maroonmadman

Nov 7, 2010
This has to be one of the best troll jobs ever inflicted upon SPS. Congrats Lettuce! Take a bow and another bong hit.

EngDawg

Mar 29, 2016
Man, there have been some extremely dumb takes on this board before, but I think this one takes the cake.

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
We don’t/can’t compete for championships.

We don’t need the SEC to be good at baseball.

Other than a nice paycheck, what are the advantages?

The money hasn’t helped MSU with basketball or football…or any other sport for that matter.

The constant let downs, inferior coaches, players and decision makers….it’s time to realize…we are light years behind and no amount of money will fix it.

None of it is fun anymore. It will continue to get worse. When does money out way the college experiences for our athletes?

I feel like we would get better players by being able to compete for hardware….rather than paying for them to come to MSU and lose to every big time program.

WE ARE NOT SERIOUS ENOUGH TO COMPETE IN THE SEC

WHAT. A. DUMBASS. Hell, I think almost all of you would agree with ME on this one.

allyalldog

Oct 6, 2014
Really

put down the lettuce

I just tuned in and saw this dumb post. I guess South Carolina, Vanderbilt, maybe Kentucky and Missouri should be thinking the same dumb way too. MSU is my school, Venue in NE Central Mississippi in the heart of the Southeast US. What a dumb post. Maybe you should tell Texas and Oklahoma that they are making really dumb move to the SEC also. Texas has no recent Hardware and Oklahoma has only been a Bridesmaid lately but they just dismantled the Big 12 to desert to the SEC, but MSU needs jump ship. In the words of Bugs Bunny, "what a maroon, what a ignoranimous"

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
You really think 80 other schools outside of the SEC have a better experience for their alumni?

Surely you don’t really believe that.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
We should just drop out of the NCAA

And become a high school. I mean South Panola has a National Championship and we have more talent than them most years. We could win a football National Championship!!!

Tall Dawg

Apr 11, 2016
And become a high school. I mean South Panola has a National Championship and we have more talent than them most years. We could win a football National Championship!!!

Ha! Lettuce is a dummy and needs 2B chopped.
I am glad he lives in Haiti. Lol.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Sorry about the downvote. Fat fingers. Anyone that likes his stupid post should turn in their fan card.

baddawggy

Jun 12, 2018
HAHA
Ive been too quiet on here. The dead Indians needed a pep talk

If you really live in Haiti this explains your total 17ing ignorance. and your picture shows what a freak you really are Douce bag puss, and if you dont like it go root for the sunbelt dumbass.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login