It’s time. The only question is when do you do it. Here is a pretty good list.

UncleChuck

Aug 6, 2021
Would not touch Pitino or Will Wade.

This is a good list, but U40 misses a ton of strong guys. Grant McCasland would certainly be one I would like to fully vet.

msstatelp1

Aug 21, 2012
End of the season. Get your next guy lined up and do it after the final game. I hate firing the coach mid-season unless it's so egregious you can't wait.

Last edited:

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Somebody young who will bomb 3s and dunk. Mississippi street ballers.

Or Billups from Tougaloo.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Or how abt hiring a guy who is at least and above average recruiter who can coach and develop players.

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
The end of the season is the time to do it. What is the problem with Pitino? He wiped us pretty good. Cohen has his work cut out for him. I fully expect us to finish in the bottom half of the SEC this season. Nothing chaps me more than seeing Bummer come to our place and leave with a 20+ point win.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
The end of the season is the time to do it. What is the problem with Pitino? He wiped us pretty good. Cohen has his work cut out for him. I fully expect us to finish in the bottom half of the SEC this season. Nothing chaps me more than seeing Bummer come to our place and leave with a 20+ point win.

We have yet to play Iona or New Mexico.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Gregg Marshall is radioactive.

Somebody is going to give him a shot. If he can recruit (and I'm not sure whether he can with the bad reputation), I haven't seen anything public to make me think he can't ever get a second chance. He seems to be basically Bobby Knight. That's not a good thing (other than that he can coach) and I think it's weak and ****** to convince yourself that you indulging in your *** hole tendencies is to get the best out of the players rather than you just giving into your worse character traits, but he is a good coach. And as much as people trash him, Wichita State apparently either didn't think they could fire him for cause. Or possibly the person signing off on the settlement thought they would go down too if there was a public fight over it.

UncleChuck

Aug 6, 2021
When did we last face him?

I just do not have a lot a faith in a guy just because of who his dad is - and in this case, that just adds smoke. The school already had to investigate him once to get the FBI off their back due to his last name.

Plus a .360 conference winning clip in the B10 and getting fired from Minnesota are not attributes that would rank high on my list of desirables.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
When did we last face him?

I just do not have a lot a faith in a guy just because of who his dad is - and in this case, that just adds smoke. The school already had to investigate him once to get the FBI off their back due to his last name.

Plus a .360 conference winning clip in the B10 and getting fired from Minnesota are not attributes that would rank high on my list of desirables.

Pirate thinks Lil Pitino is still at Minnesota.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Looking at his record at Minnesota, no thanks. I'd rather just keep Howland.

tenureplan

Dec 3, 2008
We need the dirtiest coach we can find. Auburn is getting away with it, LSU & Kentucky as well, and TN to an extent. It doesn't seem like the NCAA cares that much about college basketball propriety.

atomic dawg

Apr 4, 2019
We need the dirtiest coach we can find. Auburn is getting away with it, LSU & Kentucky as well, and TN to an extent. It doesn't seem like the NCAA cares that much about college basketball propriety.

We could get Will Wade, we just gotta make him a strong *** offer. ***

catvet

May 11, 2009
Find an up and Comer who plays the up tempo style of Bama and has Adidas ties. That's your next coach

UncleChuck

Aug 6, 2021
I would prefer one who has proven he can out coach in the half court setting at a small or mid-major. Anybody can coach uptempo if they can get the athletes, not everyone can coach half court in crunch time. Defense would be a major factor for me.

Another guy that I think will land a major job in the next 5 years is Joe Golding. He cashed in his tourney victory over UT at ACU into a job at UTEP, but if he makes more noise there he will be plucked again.

Interestingly, Butch Pierre is on his staff at UTEP.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login