It’s time to pull Rogers permanently. He doesn’t have it

Pookieray

Oct 14, 2012
Tell me again how Will could stop LSU from scoring another touchdown on the exact same play.

You guys are may get your wish soon with another quarterback, and then you'll see just how poor we are prepared as an entire team.

I don't know who drew up this Junior High Offense, but it's ridiculously bad
how about when you're in man coverage and a wr is running wide arse open on the hash you turn your back to the wide side of the field and get depth before he passes you at full speed.

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016
Naw bro someone is going to come along and tell you how awesome Rogers is even though he's been missing wide open receivers and throwing behind his receivers for years. Hell today he's not even hitting the 5 yard routes.
He’s been doing it his entire career. My surprise is why the hell did Arnett or Barbay not KNOW this after watching Will for 3 years? Wright is a better option than Will in any offense created in human history, except for the air raid.

Pookieray

Oct 14, 2012
I get that he’s being rushed, but if he can’t throw a quick route then we are doomed. He literally can’t throw past the LOS, and no matter how much time he does or doesn’t have, it’s on him to get rid of the ball quickly and accurately.

But, thanks to past regimes, we have no other 17ing options at QB.
Um, i think we had some that transferred.
can't fault them for wanting to go to a place that they felt they'd be given a shot.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
He’s been doing it his entire career. My surprise is why the hell did Arnett or Barbay not KNOW this after watching Will for 3 years? Wright is a better option than Will in any offense created in human history, except for the air raid.
About the only time in my 50+ years that the best QB on the MSU team hasn't been the back up was Dak's last two years.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I get that he’s being rushed, but if he can’t throw a quick route then we are doomed. He literally can’t throw past the LOS, and no matter how much time he does or doesn’t have, it’s on him to get rid of the ball quickly and accurately.

But, thanks to past regimes, we have no other 17ing options at QB.
Yeah, it's like he's missing wide-open receivers. Who exactly have you seen get open on these plays? If you knew what you were talking about you see these guys are running 10 to 15 yard patterns. Nobody is cutting off to be the hot receiver.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
Well apparently you don't know anything about football. Will is easy to defend. play 10 yards and in. Will is 1 dimensional and can't throw it deep. Any defense with a pulse will shut us down.
Mike Vick or Cam Newton is not sitting on the bench. Those are the only two I can think of that could play behind this line in this offense.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
About the only time in my 50+ years that the best QB on the MSU team hasn't been the back up was Dak's last two years.
Exactly,
I give up.

Our entire team is playing like dog $****, and they're blaming all one guy I don't know how to fix that.

i give up GIF

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Yeah, it's like he's missing wide-open receivers. Who exactly have you seen get open on these plays? If you knew what you were talking about you see these guys are running 10 to 15 yard patterns. Nobody is cutting off to be the hot receiver.
He has thrown balls 5 yards too short and 5 yards too far well within muh 10-15 yards. To WRs that would have had a shot at making a play. Maybe open your eyes?

Reactions: kired

Ash189

Oct 8, 2014
Multiple things can be true:

1) Defense is giving up big plays, giving huge cushions, and somehow losing Nabers every time.
2) The O line can’t stop a nosebleed.
3) Will is inept.

All three are true, and that’s why we’re down like we are.

BUT at least the defense is making *some* plays. I want a change at QB because at least a more mobile QB could make up for the O line’s suckage. Wright may be a horrible passer, but he can’t be much worse than what we have going right now. And at least he can run. It doesn’t have to be for forever, but the offense needs some juice.

Pookieray

Oct 14, 2012
I ain't necessarily blaming Will, Barbay has no creativity to him. We have yet to throw to the middle to a TE to keep the LB's somewhat honest.

MagnoliaHunter

Jan 23, 2007
Multiple things can be true:

1) Defense is giving up big plays, giving huge cushions, and somehow losing Nabers every time.
2) The O line can’t stop a nosebleed.
3) Will is inept.

All three are true, and that’s why we’re down like we are.

BUT at least the defense is making *some* plays. I want a change at QB because at least a more mobile QB could make up for the O line’s suckage. Wright may be a horrible passer, but he can’t be much worse than what we have going right now. And at least he can run. It doesn’t have to be for forever, but the offense needs some juice.
by your logic, why don't we at least try the backup oline guys to see what they can do? How much worse cold they be?

pmack3641

Aug 9, 2019
Our all offensive line is full of holes and we are screaming about the quarterback being able to throw from the ground. Anyone who can't see these plays called &offensive line both are ******** is stupid. I'll see y'all later.

Our defense is doing pretty atrocious too.
Agree regarding the offensive line, but Will doesn’t have the arm strength, even when he has to make quick throws and forgot the sideline throws just can’t get them there on time. Correct about the defense especially the secondary extremely weak.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
It is time. I laughed at everyone who said he needed to sit. I was wrong. I’m not sure switching QBs will change anything, but we cannot continue this way

Ash189

Oct 8, 2014
by your logic, why don't we at least try the backup oline guys to see what they can do? How much worse cold they be?
I mean, is that not the job of backups? To be ready to play if the starters aren’t getting it done?

Also, Wright has a different skill set than Rogers. To use your counterexample, replacing one offensive lineman with another doesn’t change anything - it’s still a lineman doing the same stuff. But putting a mobile QB (perhaps with worse passing) in the place of an immobile pocket passer actually changes the dynamic of the offense.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login