It was a damn fumble ok...

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Drop it. The D wasn't gonna let us win anyway.
The hell it was, I have NEVER seen a fumble when the QB was passing that the momentum from the supposed fumble carried the ball 10 yards or more in advance of the play. Y'all need to quit pretending and come out as fans of the team you actually support. That was 100% a screw job that cost us the win. GTHOM.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
They weren't going to overturn it either way. If one official had ruled it incomplete, it would have stood. They're supposedly taught now to let those play out and review it afterwards. Was it the Arizona game where we got screwed in the opposite way? Called the play dead when we could have run the fumble back, but they did later confirm it was a fumble?

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I can tell that we don't have a lot of Physics majors at this school. It didn't lose the game or wasn't obvious as the interception that should have been called Illegal Touching. If the ball was a fumble before his hands went forward, then why didn't it go straight up or to the side instead of straight down field way past the line of scrimmage?

PK Dawg

Jul 17, 2022
Good game though. Saw some pleasant things tonight that maybe they build on

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
I can tell that we don't have a lot of Physics majors at this school. It didn't lose the game or wasn't obvious as the interception that should have been called Illegal Touching. If the ball was a fumble before his hands went forward, then why didn't it go straight up or to the side instead of straight down field way past the line of scrimmage?
Yep, we have a bunch supposed "fans" that are only too ready to agree with any call that goes against us. The laws of physics be damned. To me that means we have too many business majors or the like that have no concept real science. Opinion does NOT cancel the laws of physics.

Reactions: josebrown

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
The ball was out of his hand on the wind up and then his throwing motion pushed it forward. It’s not 17ing hard to see.

I don’t give a flying 17 about some dumbass fan card. It’s what happened. Get over it.
Oh, you are one of those dudes that think it's cool to argue in favor of any call that is against MSU. You are SO afraid of getting it wrong that you automatically think it should be against us, that's your natural gut reaction. I'm tired of that kind of BS Grow up and hand in your card.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Oh, you are one of those dudes that think it's cool to argue in favor of any call that is against MSU. You are SO afraid of getting it wrong that you automatically think it should be against us, that's your natural gut reaction. I'm tired of that kind of BS Grow up and hand in your card.

Go sober up you have no idea what you’re talking about.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Drop it. The D wasn't gonna let us win anyway.
We at THE only fan base in the world that would be arguing against a call that would help is. If you want to know why this crap happens to us....
He pushed it forward with the throwing motion after the ball was loose. It happens from time to time especially in the NFL.
So we have a supposed MSU fan defending NS call
A as
Go sober up you have no idea what you’re talking about. I'm supposedly sober
So according to you if I was sober I would agree with a total BS call that went against us. 17 that. I'm a mid generation alumni and I call it as I see it. Here is a hint, if you think it's cool to get the call exactly right, no matter what....then you aren't a real fan, in fact you absolutely SUCK as a fan. If you ban me for this then you confirm what I think of you. HAIL STATE!

Attachments

• 1695533446677.png
    1695533446677.png
    129.2 KB · Views: 0

beachbumdawg

Nov 28, 2006
Thank you - this was entertaining
nah dude - dcd just sees it as it actually was and is being reasonable and objective about it

you on the other hand, damn ….talk about an emotional basket case

And get 17 out of here with that fan card drivel - it’s childish and reeks of The Lake

Reactions: sandwolf.sixpack

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
We at THE only fan base in the world that would be arguing against a call that would help is. If you want to know why this crap happens to us....

So we have a supposed MSU fan defending NS call

A as

So according to you if I was sober I would agree with a total BS call that went against us. 17 that. I'm a mid generation alumni and I call it as I see it. Here is a hint, if you think it's cool to get the call exactly right, no matter what....then you aren't a real fan, in fact you absolutely SUCK as a fan. If you ban me for this then you confirm what I think of you. HAIL STATE!
I’ve seen State get screwed quite a few times but this wasn’t one of those times. I hope your headache is as painful as reading your nonsense posts from last night.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
How I saw it....video was inconclusive if his arm was moving forward (up) or if the DL knocked it loose while still cocked. So with the call being a fumble, video didn't help to over turn the call.

Diving more into the play, Will has a long wind up. He had started his throwing motion and the ball was down around his waist. I couldn't tell from the video if he started the ball up before the DL hit it. But .....

common sense told me, he began moving the ball up and forward as the ball flew many yards and had a semi spiral rotation. You just aren't throwing that ball that far and with a semi spiral without some control of it.

Therefore the call on the field should have been incomplete. But refs being refs, made a conservative call and relied on video. Which was inconclusive in my opinion

Last edited:

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
How I saw it....video was inconclusive if his arm was moving forward (up) or if the DL knocked it loose while still cocked. So with the call being a fumble, video didn't help to over turn the call.

Diving more into the play, Will has a long wind up. He had started his throwing motion and the ball was down around his waist. I couldn't tell from the video if he started the ball up before the DL hit it. But .....

common sense told me, he began moving the ball up and forward as the ball flew many yards and had a semi spiral rotation. You just aren't throwing that ball that far and with a semi spiral without some control of it.

Therefore the call on the field should have been incomplete. But refs being refs, made a conservative call and relied on video. Which was inconclusive in my opinion
The reviews proved that the defender never touched the ball. He started his motion moving forward and the defender hit his arm and the ball went forward. I saw an identical play in the NFL on Sportcenter and it was ruled an incomplete pass.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Here I was thinking the forward motion helped prove a pass. And a forward moving ball was evidence of a pass regardless of being interfered with by an opponent. 🤷‍♂️

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Here I was thinking the forward motion helped prove a pass. And a forward moving ball was evidence of a pass regardless of being interfered with by an opponent. 🤷‍♂️
Just because a ball goes forward doesn’t mean it’s automatically an incomplete pass. If the quarterback starts to lose control of the ball and still goes through with his throwing motion, the ball will go forward, but it it “pushed” forward rather than thrown forward. The same thing happened in the Arkansas-LSU game last year. Arkansas was driving late in the game and Harold Perkins hit the QB’s arm as he was about to throw. The ball came loose but the QB still went through his throwing motion. Ball went about 10 yards forward but was ruled a fumble and the call was confirmed on replay.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login