It was a damn fumble ok...

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I'm pretty sure the defender knocked it out of his hand and then Will threw it with his elbow. It just rolled down Wills arm and got hooked on his elbow before gravity took effect. Of course depending on the magnetic fields often gravity will propel a ball 10 yards depending on Venus's alignment with the moon. Not to get too deep into physics for all you engineering grads

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
How I saw it....video was inconclusive if his arm was moving forward (up) or if the DL knocked it loose while still cocked. So with the call being a fumble, video didn't help to over turn the call.

Diving more into the play, Will has a long wind up. He had started his throwing motion and the ball was down around his waist. I couldn't tell from the video if he started the ball up before the DL hit it. But .....

common sense told me, he began moving the ball up and forward as the ball flew many yards and had a semi spiral rotation. You just aren't throwing that ball that far and with a semi spiral without some control of it.

Therefore the call on the field should have been incomplete. But refs being refs, made a conservative call and relied on video. Which was inconclusive in my opinion
This. Refs bungled the original call.

sandwolf.sixpack

Feb 19, 2013
I also thought it was a fumble. But either way, it was really close and there wasn't any conclusive video evidence to overturn the call. It definitely wasn't a screwjob.

Reactions: Taz_Man

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
It should have been incomplete. We should have played better defense.

Alabama's QB will look like Terry Bradshaw against our secondary.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
The hell it was, I have NEVER seen a fumble when the QB was passing that the momentum from the supposed fumble carried the ball 10 yards or more in advance of the play. Y'all need to quit pretending and come out as fans of the team you actually support. That was 100% a screw job that cost us the win. GTHOM.
I have never seen a fumble with a spiral on it either. .

Reactions: WilCoDawg and Yeti

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
They're supposedly taught now to let those play out and review it afterwards.
We hear this all the time, but I still think that's a bad policy if true. It gives the defense an advantage, because the replay review has to provide indisputable evidence to over rule the call on the field.

Last night they said "the ruling on the field stands", which suggests that if the refs had called it an incomplete pass then that ruling would have stood as well .

The refs should just call it as they see it in every situation, because replay won't always sort it out. If they had called that an incomplete pass and replay proved it was a fumble, SC still would have had the ball

J-Dawg

Mar 4, 2009
Had it been ruled an incomplete pass on the field that would have been upheld. Just one Devil’s opinion I am probably wrong.
That’s the way I looked at it. I thought whatever the call on the field was would have been upheld. Bang bang

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
On the road? Just wait and see what happens next week.
Bummer will fill our stadium. It will be like a home game for them. While they are on campus they will talk negatively about our fans, campus and environment because they are so much better than us.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
They weren't going to overturn it either way. If one official had ruled it incomplete, it would have stood. They're supposedly taught now to let those play out and review it afterwards. Was it the Arizona game where we got screwed in the opposite way? Called the play dead when we could have run the fumble back, but they did later confirm it was a fumble?
That’s fine but get the review right. They didn’t.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
The ball was out of his hand on the wind up and then his throwing motion pushed it forward. It’s not 17ing hard to see.

I don’t give a flying 17 about some dumbass fan card. It’s what happened. Get over it.
No it wasn’t. I’m gonna prove it to you when I can get in front of a tv.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
No it wasn’t. I’m gonna prove it to you when I can get in front of a tv.
Who Cares Tommy Lee Jones GIF

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Same play just happened In the Titans v Browns game.

Tanneyhill had the ball behind his head. Very questionable if he was moving his arm forward. But the ball flew forward, spinning end over end..... incomplete pass.

good grief.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Bummer will fill our stadium. It will be like a home game for them. While they are on campus they will talk negatively about our fans, campus and environment because they are so much better than us.
Well most of them do live closer than most of us **

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
There’s a lot of **** we see watching msu football that you won’t see anywhere else
Yeah, it doesn't matter if you step out of bounds and back in to catch the ball against us. It's a reception if you step off the field or not.

I'm surprised this is not a bigger argument than the fumble/pass. Cost us a few points as well.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
No I don’t care if he tries to show me because it’s still a fumble. LeArN hOw tO rEaD
After another review, the replay on the field still stands. We would have to admit we made a mistake.

We even have a referee in the booth whose only job during the broadcast is to tell everybody how correct we are

uptowndawg

Jul 15, 2010
I can tell that we don't have a lot of Physics majors at this school. It didn't lose the game or wasn't obvious as the interception that should have been called Illegal Touching. If the ball was a fumble before his hands went forward, then why didn't it go straight up or to the side instead of straight down field way past the line of scrimmage?
Illegal touching can only be called on the offense. Those rules don’t apply to a defender. I thought the same but had to look it up after that play.

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016
THat's what I saw. I never thought it was a questionable call. I thought it was a fumble all the way. Not Will's fault....just got hit.
Well, it was Will’s fault. He held the ball way too long and was late with the release, receiver had already been open. And it was the right tackle’s fault technically for getting beat, even though he blocked long enough. And, it was the entire team save Marks’ for refusing to run after the fumble. In theory, our linemen could have gotten on it or at least made the tackle.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I just went back and watched it several times… I can see the call either way. The ball is without a doubt coming out when he’s still in his wind up but it’s hard to say he did or didn’t have control. That call could have been made either way and I don’t think I could say for certain that it was right or wrong.

operch

Aug 22, 2012
How I saw it....video was inconclusive if his arm was moving forward (up) or if the DL knocked it loose while still cocked. So with the call being a fumble, video didn't help to over turn the call.

Diving more into the play, Will has a long wind up. He had started his throwing motion and the ball was down around his waist. I couldn't tell from the video if he started the ball up before the DL hit it. But .....

common sense told me, he began moving the ball up and forward as the ball flew many yards and had a semi spiral rotation. You just aren't throwing that ball that far and with a semi spiral without some control of it.

Therefore the call on the field should have been incomplete. But refs being refs, made a conservative call and relied on video. Which was inconclusive in my opinion
I watched many times frame by frame and I think the above. His arm was hit after the forward motion causing the ball to go only 10-15 yards instead of 30-35 yards.

operch

Aug 22, 2012
I think I remember Freddie Kitchens fumbling an incomplete pass from his waste line. Some QB from Bama in that time frame.

operch

Aug 22, 2012
Well, it was Will’s fault. He held the ball way too long and was late with the release, receiver had already been open. And it was the right tackle’s fault technically for getting beat, even though he blocked long enough. And, it was the entire team save Marks’ for refusing to run after the fumble. In theory, our linemen could have gotten on it or at least made the tackle.
I bet if we had recovered it 12 yards downfield for a first down it would have been an incomplete pass.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Some of yall are so dumb

it was a play action pass, he gets hit about the time the clock goes from 11:28 to 11:27

so 3 to 3.5 seconds from the snap of the ball.

there is no camera angle that shows any receiver who may or may not be open unless you got some angles the rest of us don’t have.

so stfu

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Some of yall are so dumb

it was a play action pass, he gets hit about the time the clock goes from 11:28 to 11:27

so 3 to 3.5 seconds from the snap of the ball.

there is no camera angle that shows any receiver who may or may not be open unless you got some angles the rest of us don’t have.

so stfu
I thought he did what he was supposed to do there. There was pressure so he stepped up in the pocket and was about to throw the ball. Guy just got his hand up in time to hit his hand.

Reactions: sandwolf.sixpack

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
you're obsessed tv land GIF by YoungerTV

He throws for 487 yards, but it's his fault an opposing DL hit his hand while he was passing.

He made mistakes; he is not an NFL-caliber QB, but GD... I'm starting to think he 17ed a female in your harem.
The guy can't do anything good enough for you. He can't even get hit correctly. SMH

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login