It will be interesting to see how the QB situation is handled for 2025...

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
from all indications - Shapen will try to come back next year. If Van Buren plays well - we got a 2 way battle going into next year.

msstatelp1

Aug 21, 2012
from all indications - Shapen will try to come back next year. If Van Buren plays well - we got a 2 way battle going into next year.
Shapen needs to move on if he wants to try for anything above this level. Two season ending injuries will already make teams cautious about him, a third would kill any chances he had of moving up.

Reactions: Papapat.sixpack

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
Oh boy. Let’s go all in on someone who has been hurt 3 straight years. Hopefully VB learns a lot this year so he will be more than ready to step in for Shapen when he gets hurt again.

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
Is there an option C?

On the plus side, we can place bets on how many games it takes Shapen to get his career ending injury.

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
I feel sorry for this kid. First start is a #1 team on the road behind a mediocre offensive line. I'll be pleasantly surprised if he makes it through the game.

Dec 28, 2019
I would not doubt Lebby tries to get Arnold. Apparently he was thriving under Lebby and poised to overtake Gabriel. An experienced MVB plus Arnold would be nice. I feel like Parson is gone

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
I would not doubt Lebby tries to get Arnold. Apparently he was thriving under Lebby and poised to overtake Gabriel. An experienced MVB plus Arnold would be nice. I feel like Parson is gone
I really don’t think Arnold would come play behind this offensive line, especially if he has nfl aspirations.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I haven't really kept up with our Freshman quarterbacks. Is the consensus that Van Buren is better than Parson? I know Parson struggled last year, but I don't know how much of that was him and how much of that was Barbay.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
If I'm being honest, I've lost almost all interest in the inner workings of the team. I'm just going to observe how this disaster is handled by a group of administrators I haven't found much reason to have faith in. I hope they prove me wrong.

Otherwise, we are in for a long stay in the wilderness...

Dec 28, 2019
Obviously Lebby prefers MVB to Parson. And also I am sure Lebby realizes that next year's money needs to be spent on OL and DL. If he can't comprehend that we are in for a long period of losing because I feel like he will be here 3 or 4 years minimum regardless of our record. I hope he will go ahead and say 17 it and throw our young linemen out there and let them get some experience and have an opportunity to really evaluate them. This year is over. Edited to add: all we hear is OL needs time to gel. How do you get that time with senior transfers ?? Throw some freshmen and RS freshmen out there and let's take our lumps this year. Bet they gel by next year

AT4 Dawg

Sep 18, 2012
There’s no doubt Shapen will get a shot to come back. He’s talented - and we have a good feel for his ability.

can he stay healthy ? I don’t know. But just remember that DJU and Shapen have the same record right now. The grass isn’t always greener with QBs.

bulldognation

Jan 26, 2004
Man... seems like just yesterday we were clamoring for Mike Wright over Will Rogers.

Thanks to NIL and the transfer portal, I'm going to have to learn new names every damn year.

Dec 28, 2019
Just remember Ol Noodle is 3 and 1. And idk why he prefers MVB. I based that on the fact that Parson was on the bench and MVB finished the game. I thought Parson was decent in the limited action he got but what matters is what HobbyLobby thinks.

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
Shapen needs to move on if he wants to try for anything above this level. Two season ending injuries will already make teams cautious about him, a third would kill any chances he had of moving up.
We all need to understand that NIL is some player's chance at making money. NFL doesn't even have to happen if you can make millions in "College". If I'm Shapen, I'm coming back and getting paid by a coach that wants you.

Reactions: patdog